Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 4,852

JoeyTS

Battle mode..

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

Booboos35

Those 3 question marks might be Dry Bones, Bowser Jr, and Mii...?

The King Of Strong Style

Blast

memoryman3 wrote:

Everyone....

I have some important, groundbreaking news....

Watch the video

Single player VS mode confirmed...

Untitled

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

Booboos35 wrote:

I'm thinking Dry Bones, Diddy, and Bowser Jr. MiI would likely have a separate row just for then like they do in MK Wii.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Budda

UGXwolf wrote:

Booboos35 wrote:

I'm thinking Dry Bones, Diddy, and Bowser Jr. MiI would likely have a separate row just for then like they do in MK Wii.

Well, the separate row for Mii in MK Wii look pretty reasonable. But imagine that on the MK8 selection screen. I don't know.
Maybe Dry Bones get the cut and the Mii will get one of the question mark spot.
Or Miis won't be in this game.. Which is pretty unlikely.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

UGXwolf

I dunno. No matter how you slice it, this roster just feels lacking. Birdo, King Boo, Bowser Jr., Dry Bones, Mii, Diddy, Petey Piranha, E Gadd,, ROB, Funky, Queen B, Dry Bowser, on and on, yada, yada. It just feels like there are a lot of characters not returning, many of which were one-shots and many of which don't deserve to be cut. Especially not for the fourth baby, seventh Koopaling, and fifth enemy character. I dunno. This entire roster just feels of. DLC, perhaps?

kkslider5552000

meh, it isn't like the roster has mattered much to me. Even in the oldest games, I use maybe 3 or 4 of the 8 characters.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

skywake

Dbwesz wrote:

I think bowsers castle from MK7 is gonna be the last retro track, there already water and gliding sections in there, and nintendo if you gonna look they put since the 2nd mario kart alsways 4 tracks in the game from the last MK and from MK7 untill now we only have , so there is untill today not ab BC announced so that makes sence!

It won't be a 3DS track. These tracks are more-or-less confirmed for the last two cups:
N64 Rainbow Road
N64 Yoshi Valley
GCN Sherbet Land
DS Tick Tock Clock
Wii Grumble Volcano
3DS Music Park
3DS Piranha Plant Slide

It's unlikely they will have two tracks from the same system in one cup. So the "unknown track" almost surely won't be from the 3DS or N64.

UGXwolf wrote:

@Skywake Actually, they've remade three Bowser Castles from Mario Kart: Super Circuit (GBA), and not a single one from Super Mario Kart (SNES). Kind of interesting, actually. As for potential Bowser Castle tracks for retro courses, there's:

Boswer Castle 1, 2, and 3 from Super Mario Kart
Bowser Castle 4 from Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Bowser Castle from Mario Kart Double Dash
Bowser Castle from Mario Kart DS
Bowser Castle from Mario Kart Wii

For some reason, I thought the Double Dash one was redone in MK7, but it wasn't so maybe it's in MK8? Well, maybe, but after watching, I don't think they'll go for that. There doesn't seem to be much they could do with it, on this game. I also agree they probably won't do a flat stage, since they only did a GBA Bowser Castle in 7. I'm still leaning towards DS. It may be too soon to do a Wii Bowser Castle, but those do seem to be the two main choices, don't they?

Hmm, again I'm wrong. They did actually do three Bowser's Castles from the GBA. I don't know why they're so into the GBA Bowser's Castles. Maybe the SNES version is still a possibility? As for it being too soon for the Wii track well it's about the same amount of time since the DS game. Plus on Mario Kart 7 the only two games they pulled four tracks from were the Wii and DS versions. Then it was 3x 64, 2x GC, 1x GBA, 2x SNES.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

UGXwolf

kkslider5552000 wrote:

meh, it isn't like the roster has mattered much to me. Even in the oldest games, I use maybe 3 or 4 of the 8 characters.

I'm safe. I'm always Yoshi, but yeah, it's not like anyone will refuse to buy it over the cuts being made. I just think it feels off, is all.

FriedSquid

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
Another look at the current roster.

All the villain characters (maybe minus DK) are on the bottom two rows, so I'm going to guess that the very last one could be Bowser Jr. (makes sense to put him next to the Koopalings) and less likely but maybe Dry Bowser. The other two could be Dry Bones or Diddy Kong, but maybe we could even see a Baby Rosalina?

However this is already a sizable roster, even if my favorites aren't in there. Something tells me there could be more spaces than what's in that picture, though.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

ClassicJetterz

Baby Wario?

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

skywake

Squid wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
Another look at the current roster.

All the villain characters (maybe minus DK) are on the bottom two rows, so I'm going to guess that the very last one could be Bowser Jr. (makes sense to put him next to the Koopalings) and less likely but maybe Dry Bowser. The other two could be Dry Bones or Diddy Kong, but maybe we could even see a Baby Rosalina?

However this is already a sizable roster, even if my favorites aren't in there. Something tells me there could be more spaces than what's in that picture, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is another row on the bottom there. If you were designing this for that number of characters wouldn't you centralise it?

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

jariw

skywake wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if there is another row on the bottom there. If you were designing this for that number of characters wouldn't you centralise it?

Not necessarily. The current design let the A+B button info stand out more, and the eye focus in windows is more comfortable a bit above the vertical center (that's the approach OSX uses when auto-positioning dialog boxes, for example).

jariw

cookiex

In conjunction with the release of MK8 new copies of MK7 will also have a red casing.

Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

cookiex

Kart customization screen (similar to MK7)

Untitled

cookiex

cookiex

Loading screen

Untitled

cookiex

cookiex

Word from NeoGaf is that the file size is about 5 GB.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

Blast

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
The full roster?
Newcomers:
1. Nabbit
2. Kamek
Returning characters:
1. Diddy Kong
2. Birdo
3. Bowser, Jr.
4. Dry Bones
5. King Boo
6. Mii
Looking at these icons again, some of them look rough, like the ones for King Boo and Dry Bones. I'd be cautious if I were you, unfortunately. I was getting pretty happy until I looked closer.

That.... looks...legit....

Master of the Hype Train

renaryuugufan92

cookiex wrote:

Word from NeoGaf is that the file size is about 5 GB.

4.9GB or more apparently~

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Blast

cookiex wrote:

Loading screen

Untitled

throws money at screen

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic