Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 4,852

FireMario887

This game looks very similar to Mario Kart Wii. Bikes and characters, yeah.

FireMario887

kkslider5552000

Varia01 wrote:

This game looks very similar to Mario Kart Wii. Bikes and characters, yeah.

The idea of this game is pretty clearly to combine Wii and 7. With Zero-gravity.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

Info from a Interview with gamekult

• MK8 development began just more than a year ago.
  • No others studio involved, 100% EAD Kyoto.
  • About the Gamepad use: "Our priority is to provide the remote display on the GamePad only. We have other ideas, but that's all we can tell you for now."
  • Why no F-Zero instead ?: "H. Konno: It has always been a Mario Kart per console, so we wanted to get a new one to have more people interested by our new system. But I also hope that there will be an F-Zero.
    "
  • About tracks size: "In Mario Kart 8 tracks have also been narrowed compared to Mario Kart Wii and reflects more the size of the road. "
  • About customization: " Like Mario Kart 7 (but) with a little more choice"
  • No editor even if they talk about it.
  • About a Double Dash mode using the Gamepad: "H. Konno: For Mario Kart Wii, 7 and 8, we decided not to use it. But this is a request that is often heard, so maybe we can meet this desire.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

e-love

Double Dash mode?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

e-love

CM30 wrote:

Not in this game there isn't. Sorry, no two person karts in Mario Kart 8.

I didn't think so, I'm just curious what they're talking about in the interview.
Or at least, what was noted in a previous post of it being mentioned.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Emaan wrote:

Double Dash mode?

Nintendo has stated that they have had so many requests for this, that it might be possible for a return in Mario Kart 8. Don't listen to the uninformed.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

e-love

Lol. I wasn't listening to the uninformed or under the impression that this was an included feature.

I was just commenting- if you will- on its inclusion in the interview summary.

Anyways.

Edited on by e-love

e-love

@CM30
Alright. Thanks for clearing that up.

Sensei_Sendai

In all seriousness, what Retro course would you guys like to see appear. I'd like to see Toad's Factory from the Wii and that crazy Yoshi stage from the NES/SNES.

Would like to see some modes return from Double Dash, like the All Cup Tour (possibly one for Retro and one for Normal), the Capture the Flag mode in Battle and some form of Challenge mode as seen in the DS Mode, or at the very least, the competition mode from the Mario Kart Channel. Oh and my most realistic request, the ability to play Versus in Single Player instead of having to do a Grand Prix. Oh, and Section Races were cool as well.

Sensei_Sendai

kkslider5552000

Sensei_Sendai wrote:

In all seriousness, what Retro course would you guys like to see appear. I'd like to see Toad's Factory from the Wii and that crazy Yoshi stage from the NES/SNES.

Would like to see some modes return from Double Dash, like the All Cup Tour (possibly one for Retro and one for Normal), the Capture the Flag mode in Battle and some form of Challenge mode as seen in the DS Mode, or at the very least, the competition mode from the Mario Kart Channel. Oh and my most realistic request, the ability to play Versus in Single Player instead of having to do a Grand Prix. Oh, and Section Races were cool as well.

everything you said is a good idea. Especially since this game is trying to be the Mario Kart with ALL the content.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

How about all new courses with Reto tracks being DLC.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Sensei_Sendai

Sony_70 wrote:

How about all new courses with Reto tracks being DLC.

Be honest, that isn't going to happen. Nintendo seems to be poking at DLC with a stick and seeing how people react to it, heck, we're not even seeing DLC in their retail releases yet, only Expansion Packs and regardless, if they did do that, we wouldn't get 32 Normal Races,. Only 16 Races with expansions in the future.

Plus I don't want to get too hopeful. But All Star Mode, Challenge & Sectioned Races are all highlights from the series for me, although the current section races felt kinda short.

Sensei_Sendai

ITAFTRS

I just thought of something. Wouldn't it be nice if there was like a "story mode" of sorts, like the one in Crash Team Races, with different "boss races" and such? That's something at least I would like to see in a Mario Kart game. Don't think the possibility for that to happen is very high though...

ITAFTRS

FireMario887

DdFixen wrote:

I just thought of something. Wouldn't it be nice if there was like a "story mode" of sorts, like the one in Crash Team Races, with different "boss races" and such? That's something at least I would like to see in a Mario Kart game. Don't think the possibility for that to happen is very high though...

It may not happen, but that's an excellent idea!

FireMario887

OdnetninAges

I still say there should be a "Rainbow Cup" with EVERY VERSION OF RAINBOW ROAD IN IT! Or maybe a "Rainbow Cup 1" and "Rainbow Cup 2", if they don't want to have a 8-track cup.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

ITAFTRS

OdnetninAges wrote:

I still say there should be a "Rainbow Cup" with EVERY VERSION OF RAINBOW ROAD IN IT! Or maybe a "Rainbow Cup 1" and "Rainbow Cup 2", if they don't want to have a 8-track cup.

Oh yes, that would truly be awesome! All the rainbow roads are just so iconic for the Kart series:)

ITAFTRS

DreamyViridi

OdnetninAges wrote:

The concept is awesome but I don't want that. Not anymore anyway; too many people constantly pick Rainbow Road (both SNES and 7) as it is online and it gets dull fast. Mario Kart 8 should stick with 7's motif of making a new Rainbow Road and borrowing one retro Rainbow Road; logically meaning 64's.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic