Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 101 to 120 of 3,837

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

101. Posted:

GamecubeMan wrote:

A couple of people on the internet are sayin' that this game reminds them of F-Zero. The antigravity thing does feel Fzeroish.... :o

Which probably means the F-Zero series is done for. :o

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

102. Posted:

On a somewhat random note...I hope that the Wii rating system makes a return. Getting a 3 star ranking on all of the cups on 3DS was way too easy. It took me MONTHS on the Wii (only using the Wii wheel too!) before I got my 3 star rating + golden wheel icon. I felt much more accomplished doing it on the Wii than the DS. I also hope the VR/BR system is closer to the Wiis. I had 9999 VR on the Wii, but it fluctuated a lot depending on my performance. On 3DS it just seems to go on forever (although I know 99999 is the cap, I'm only at like 8000).

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

Varia01

103. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

A couple of people on the internet are sayin' that this game reminds them of F-Zero. The antigravity thing does feel Fzeroish.... :o

What?! I never had got much to play from it, though that little a played was quite fun. Darn...

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

WiiLovePeace

104. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

On a somewhat random note...I hope that the Wii rating system makes a return. Getting a 3 star ranking on all of the cups on 3DS was way too easy. It took me MONTHS on the Wii (only using the Wii wheel too!) before I got my 3 star rating + golden wheel icon. I felt much more accomplished doing it on the Wii than the DS. I also hope the VR/BR system is closer to the Wiis. I had 9999 VR on the Wii, but it fluctuated a lot depending on my performance. On 3DS it just seems to go on forever (although I know 99999 is the cap, I'm only at like 8000).

Personally, I very much hope Nintendo do not go back to the broken ranking system of MKWii. The limit of 9999 was far too low & once you hit it there's no incentive to keep playing online. I even saw people who had 9500+ points win races & still lose points simply because everyone else's number was too low. Whereas 3DS fixed this issue by raising the ranking points cap & fixing the point loss when you place bad balance I think. The ranking points going on forever is a good thing for an online MK, means there's no reason to stop playing :D

Currently Playing: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. (3DS)
Recently Completed: Zelda: Minish Cap (Wii U VC)
Recently Bought: Pac-man Collection (Wii U VC)

3DS Friend Code: 1676-4979-6052 | Nintendo Network ID: WiiLovePeace | Twitter: WiiLovePeace

AuthorMessage

Nintendroid5000

105. Posted:

Mario Kart 8 confirmed for April 2014 release. :)

Untitled

Edited on by Nintendroid5000

Nintendroid5000

AuthorMessage

WebHead

106. Posted:

Even if it comes to EU in April, NA could still get it in March.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

107. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

I hope not! I've been getting really into F-Zero GX recently.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

pixelman

108. Posted:

I doubt anyone will ever really notice the antigrav mechanic while actually playing the game. The game looks purdy and it's nice that bikes and coins are back, and I'll buy it eventually... but I'm not really excited about it.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

WildMan

109. Posted:

Nintendo really needs to scrap the 10 coin limit, it really cuts down on the amount of fun in coin battle mode..

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

ToadFan

110. Posted:

I wasn't surprised at all when Nintendo said MK8 was coming out in Spring 2014. Mario Kart Wii also came in the Spring, and Nintendo also needs a strong system seller for Wii U in the Spring. And if they release MK8 this Fall, then people may be still tired of Mario Kart.

ToadFan

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

111. Posted:

I've decided. I want all 7 of the Koopalings to be playable! They are each very unique but I feel they don't get as involved in the Mario series as they should. They really only show up whenever the newest New Super Mario Bros. game comes around.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

112. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I've decided. I want all 7 of the Koopalings to be playable! They are each very unique but I feel they don't get as involved in the Mario series as they should. They really only show up whenever the newest New Super Mario Bros. game comes around.

No, just no. I'm a fan of the Koopalings myself, but 7 more Mario characters is far too much, especially considering they'd be taking up valuable space that other more unique characters could've gotten.

EDIT: Wow, I forgot that this is the Mario Kart thread, not Smash Bros., my bad. Man my brain has been entirely out of whack today...

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

113. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I would really like a few Koopalings like Lemmy, Ludwig, and Wendy, but all of them would be a bit much, unless this Mario Kart was to have the biggest character roster yet.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

114. Posted:

Dev wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I would really like a few Koopalings like Lemmy, Ludwig, and Wendy, but all of them would be a bit much, unless this Mario Kart was to have the biggest character roster yet.

This may just be NSLU talking, but I agree, I would like to see some if not all the koopalings make their debut in the series.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

115. Posted:

The Koopalings just all look so unique and it's a bit of a shame that we don't get to learn more about them and their personalities. That's why I want them to be playable.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

116. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

I doubt anyone will ever really notice the antigrav mechanic while actually playing the game. The game looks purdy and it's nice that bikes and coins are back, and I'll buy it eventually... but I'm not really excited about it.

You don't, there are no weird camera transitions or anything. When I played it, I was on the side of the wall and I didn't even know until I looked I took a ramp off!

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

Varia01

117. Posted:

This game looks very similar to Mario Kart Wii. Bikes and characters, yeah.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

118. Posted:

Varia01 wrote:

This game looks very similar to Mario Kart Wii. Bikes and characters, yeah.

The idea of this game is pretty clearly to combine Wii and 7. With Zero-gravity.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

119. Posted:

Info from a Interview with gamekult

• MK8 development began just more than a year ago.
  • No others studio involved, 100% EAD Kyoto.
  • About the Gamepad use: "Our priority is to provide the remote display on the GamePad only. We have other ideas, but that's all we can tell you for now."
  • Why no F-Zero instead ?: "H. Konno: It has always been a Mario Kart per console, so we wanted to get a new one to have more people interested by our new system. But I also hope that there will be an F-Zero.
    "
  • About tracks size: "In Mario Kart 8 tracks have also been narrowed compared to Mario Kart Wii and reflects more the size of the road. "
  • About customization: " Like Mario Kart 7 (but) with a little more choice"
  • No editor even if they talk about it.
  • About a Double Dash mode using the Gamepad: "H. Konno: For Mario Kart Wii, 7 and 8, we decided not to use it. But this is a request that is often heard, so maybe we can meet this desire.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CM30

120. Posted:

Or for anyone wanting to read what the interview actually says (including what's not mentioned there):

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&p...

They also talk about stuff like their favourite Mario tracks and what not.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189