Forums

Topic: Mario is an arrogant jerk

Posts 21 to 40 of 57

Rexcalibr

whodatninja wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

He's also a communist, if you watch game theory.

This!

Also, the Koopalings aren't Bowser's kids

I like to think of them as his adopted kids, or he may have had them in the past and then got divorced. Bowser's been around the block.

Rexcalibr

Kaze_Memaryu

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Where did you catch that kind of nonsense? Mario, for the most part, is a pretty nice guy (just look at what he does for everyone in the RPG's). He can be a bit dismissive towards Luigi, but he still cares about him a lot (otherwise, he wouldn't have tried to save him in Super Paper Mario).
There are some things you have to keep in mind in general: most Mario games technically handle something loosely reminiscient of a cartoon fantasy war. Mario drives back Bowsers forces (who voluntarily work for Bowser) in order to protect the Mushroom kingdom, as well as his own frail life.
And the koopalings? They might be referred to as kids, but if that's an "innocent" kid, I don't wanna see the evil kids. They're very much mature enough to take responsibility for their own actions, which really are no simple deal, either. Every boss in the Mario universe is either a direct threat from Bowsers army, or some jerkish creature that would otherwise kill Mario on his quest to (more often than not) save the world from Bowsers attempts at absolute domination.
Also, since we never see corpses left behind, it's questionable if the word "murder" even applies here - he could very well beat up coin-powered magic clones.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Vee_Flames

The goombas are socializing and trying to build towers of themselves as it seems like this is something they do in their natural habitat and he just crushes them to death.

I just re-read this. Socializing? SOCIALIZING? Nope. It's to look intimidating to Mario. Simples.
Let's switch gears to 3D Land. Bowser kidnaps Peach. Peach cries for help, specifically shouting out to Mario. Bowser equips 'helpless' Goombas with the Tanooki leaf. Hmmm... I wonder why... Bowser takes away Peach, his grin suggesting Mario can't possibly catch him now. Peach cries out softly... Mario. Peach is at Bowser's Castle... thinking of who? Mario. Why? Maybe she wants OUT. Next one's funny. Goombas stacking themselves on top of each other in front of Peach, and they sure as heck do not look like they are 'socializing.' But Peach is armed with her umbrella, and does what you say Mario does, but with an umbrella. Socializing, anyone?
Now what? Peach is being chased by Bowser's minions. Even the dancing Koopas and Goomba towers. :/ Then Bowser is seen with a caged Peach.. with a haha-you-cant-catch-me face. We know what happens next. Mario saves the day!
But what started all of this? A heavy rain.. either started by Bowser or Bowser used to his advantage - to get Tanooki leaves. Next morning, Mario investigates with Peach and finds a flying letter holding a picture showing.... [read above]
But enough of that for now. I think you are giving Mario more flak for what he deserves. Every hero character is an arrogant jerk - in the case of Nintendo characters, Link breaks into people's homes and breaks their pot and steal their savings, Samus (destroys?) 'innocent' alien creatures.. well, except for one, Kirby is a sucking demon, Olimar enslaves an entire planet to work for him... the list can go on and on, not even including other characters.They just have to do some things thatthat will help them, is all. shrugs

Edited on by Vee_Flames

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Nicolai

VolcanoFlamesNL wrote:

Link breaks into people's homes and breaks their pot and steal their savings,
Olimar enslaves an entire planet to work for him...

In Olimar's defense, he is helping to populate each species.

And, of course, there is the argument that, as Link, you don't have to break into houses and steal their rupees. That responsibility is solely on the player.

Edited on by Nicolai

I rise from the ashes!
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Vee_Flames

Nicolai wrote:

VolcanoFlamesNL wrote:

Olimar enslaves an entire planet to work for him...

Link breaks into people's homes and breaks their pot and steal their savings.

In Olimar's defense, he is helping to populate each species.
And, of course, there is the argument that, as Link, you don't have to break into houses and steal their rupees. That responsibility is solely on the player.

EXACTLY! Whatever characters do is based on what the player wants. I can equally say I won't hurt 'innocent' turtles or mutant mushrooms and just zip to the Goal Pole/Star. It's just easier to remove enemies from the scene to make things easier.

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Vee_Flames

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Where did you catch that kind of nonsense? Mario, for the most part, is a pretty nice guy (just look at what he does for everyone in the RPG's). He can be a bit dismissive towards Luigi, but he still cares about him a lot (otherwise, he wouldn't have tried to save him in Super Paper Mario).
There are some things you have to keep in mind in general: most Mario games technically handle something loosely reminiscient of a cartoon fantasy war. Mario drives back Bowsers forces (who voluntarily work for Bowser) in order to protect the Mushroom kingdom, as well as his own frail life.
And the koopalings? They might be referred to as kids, but if that's an "innocent" kid, I don't wanna see the evil kids. They're very much mature enough to take responsibility for their own actions, which really are no simple deal, either. Every boss in the Mario universe is either a direct threat from Bowsers army, or some jerkish creature that would otherwise kill Mario on his quest to (more often than not) save the world from Bowsers attempts at absolute domination.
Also, since we never see corpses left behind, it's questionable if the word "murder" even applies here - he could very well beat up coin-powered magic clones.

^This.

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Nicolai

VolcanoFlamesNL wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

VolcanoFlamesNL wrote:

Olimar enslaves an entire planet to work for him...

Link breaks into people's homes and breaks their pot and steal their savings.

In Olimar's defense, he is helping to populate each species.
And, of course, there is the argument that, as Link, you don't have to break into houses and steal their rupees. That responsibility is solely on the player.

EXACTLY! Whatever characters do is based on what the player wants. I can equally say I won't hurt 'innocent' turtles or mutant mushrooms and just zip to the Goal Pole/Star. It's just easier to remove enemies from the scene to make things easier.

Well, the argument is harder to make for Mario crushing innocent enemies, because, in many instances, the game doesn't give you a choice. A case can be made for the totally-innocent Wigglers, which you can usually avoid, except for Super Mario 64, where it is required to flood the guy's home and stomp on him a couple times to get the star. See what I mean? Most terrible things you do as Link are side-activities you can easily not do, but that doesn't excuse Mario from his main-questing actions.

Edited on by Nicolai

I rise from the ashes!
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Vee_Flames

Nicolai wrote:

VolcanoFlamesNL wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

VolcanoFlamesNL wrote:

Olimar enslaves an entire planet to work for him...

Link breaks into people's homes and breaks their pot and steal their savings.

In Olimar's defense, he is helping to populate each species.
And, of course, there is the argument that, as Link, you don't have to break into houses and steal their rupees. That responsibility is solely on the player.

EXACTLY! Whatever characters do is based on what the player wants. I can equally say I won't hurt 'innocent' turtles or mutant mushrooms and just zip to the Goal Pole/Star. It's just easier to remove enemies from the scene to make things easier.

Well, the argument is harder to make for Mario crushing innocent enemies, because, in many instances, the game doesn't give you a choice. A case can be made for the totally-innocent Wigglers, which you can usually avoid, except for Super Mario 64, where it is required to flood the guy's home and stomp on him a couple times to get the star. See what I mean? Most terrible things you do as Link are side-activities you can easily not do, but that doesn't excuse Mario from his main-questing actions.

Thing is... did Mario know that a Wiggler was down there? All he had to do was find a way to that apparently empty cave. Surprise! He finds an angry Wiggler with the Star. An angry Wiggler has no bounds... so Mario would have to deal with it to get the star safely. Besides, it's not to destroy Wiggler or something. it's just to calm him down and take the important stuff. And the water wouldn't stay there forever.
In Mario Party DS, Wiggler asks Mario for help, so I think they're even. winks

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

MrWalkieTalkie

Did you know the M on Mario's hat stands for Mario?

And that Luigi is actually dead, in a coma, and from the future!

But it's only a theory, a game theory!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

CM30

Mario's a communist?

Like this?

Seriously though, Mario as 'evil' or a 'jerk' theories have been done to death now... and to be honest, the evidence doesn't support them. Besides, even if they did... he'd still be within the nicest 10% of Mushroom World inhabitants, given how many are psychotic, murderous, genocidal or all three at once.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Yoshi

You can argue that Mario is greedy in NSMB2, but maybe he just wanted to fund his vacation to the Beanbean Kingdom. After all, the conversion rate is horrendous.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch) | Ever Oasis (3DS) | Stardew Valley (PC)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Kirby_Fan_DL3

So Mario's a jerk, but Bowser isn't? He stole Peach, he's pretty much asking for it. Plus, Mario's a video game character, video games generally don't have logic.

I'M NOT FLAT ON MY FEET, NOW I CLANK AND I SQUEAK
BUT MY VOICE IS THE SAME WHEN I SPEAK
MY HAND LOOKS LIKE ALUMINIUM FOIL
DOES THIS MEAN THAT I NEED A TUNE UP AND A CHANGE OF OIL
I'm KirbyFanDL3 on Colors 3D.

Nintendo Network ID: jeremys-home

randomlypikachu

funniest post i have read today

just a nintendo gamer on a nintendo related site (who wouldve seen that one coming?)
the random user name randomly became a Pikachu.

Vee_Flames

Rexcalibr wrote:

Seriously, when you really think about it he is. I just downloaded New Super Mario Bros 2 and I noticed, he just barges in everywhere like he owns the place, steps and kills on everyone and EVERYTHING in sight. The funny part is, most of the koopas and goombas aren't even doing anything to bother him. The Koopas are just dancing, taking a walk and from what it seems, trying to enjoy life while he comes along out of nowhere and just murders them. The goombas are socializing and trying to build towers of themselves as it seems like this is something they do in their natural habitat and he just crushes them to death.

The other thing is, he's incredibly greedy. From what I've read, the object of the game is to collect a million coins or something but it's like he just can't get enough. He needs every damn coin in the mushroom kingdom. Every coin is for the taking and the game tries to encourage you not to leave any behind. So not only is he going to murder every koopa on the face of the earth but he's going to steal their coins so any that are left behind after his murderous onslaught is over, he wants to make sure any survivors will be dirt poor and potentially starve to death because they can't feed their children… or themselves. He essentially wants to cause an extinction of these creatures, a Koopa hollocust.

That's not all, not only does he kill defenseless, innocent wildlife that have been thriving in the Mushroom Kingdom, he also has no qualms about beating children. The Koopalings are kids, remember. Bowser's little kids. Sure they're bratty and trouble makers, but which kids aren't? Keep in mind, he's a grown man. He's even gone as far as attacking a baby (Bowser Jr.). That should tell you what kind of a person Mario is, and Luigi isn't any better. Speaking of Luigi, he's almost always totally neglected and Mario loves to steal the spotlight from him any chance he gets.

Untitled
Mario getting ready to step on a little kid's head.

You might make the argument that Bowser and the Koopalings kidnap Peach, but when has Mario ever stopped to question why they do this? I mean, he's been rescuing her for years… didn't he ever stop and think why they want her so badly. Could it be that they just like her and want to be her friend? or that they think she's pretty and want a mother because they don't have one? Instead of trying to talk it out like a reasonable adult, Mario just goes in full force and kills anything in sight. Great example for kids isn't he?

So to sum it up Mario:

  • kills endangered wildlife without a thought
  • has no guilty conscience about countless murders he's committed
  • beats up little children
  • treats his brother like sh_t
  • is a horrible example for little kids

Yep, Mario's an absolute douche bag. I would love to have a game where you can play as Bowser or the Koopalings and take Mario out. Why hasn't this been made yet?

You watched that Mario Game Theory episode, didn't you? That's.... to be blunt, simply not true. Oh, and you should be happy with Mario Party 10. You can play as Bowser and wreak havoc on Mario and the gang.

Edited on by Vee_Flames

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

the_shpydar

The funniest part of this joke-thread is all the kids posting in here who are taking this so seriously.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

WinterWarm

This is what NL should have in their next 'From The Forum' article, not some random stuff about a random shovelware game developer.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Bulletproof and black like a funeral.

Intelligent Systems' obsession with rear ends:

"I fear my derriere is not worthy." - Frederick, FE:A

"My uncanny valley begs for reprieve." - Tharja, FE:A

Fates Castle Address: 06963-63228-71096-84460

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1038-9901 | Nintendo Network ID: WinterWarm | Twitter:

Whydoievenbother

VolcanoFlamesNL wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

Seriously, when you really think about it he is. I just downloaded New Super Mario Bros 2 and I noticed, he just barges in everywhere like he owns the place, steps and kills on everyone and EVERYTHING in sight. The funny part is, most of the koopas and goombas aren't even doing anything to bother him. The Koopas are just dancing, taking a walk and from what it seems, trying to enjoy life while he comes along out of nowhere and just murders them. The goombas are socializing and trying to build towers of themselves as it seems like this is something they do in their natural habitat and he just crushes them to death.

The other thing is, he's incredibly greedy. From what I've read, the object of the game is to collect a million coins or something but it's like he just can't get enough. He needs every damn coin in the mushroom kingdom. Every coin is for the taking and the game tries to encourage you not to leave any behind. So not only is he going to murder every koopa on the face of the earth but he's going to steal their coins so any that are left behind after his murderous onslaught is over, he wants to make sure any survivors will be dirt poor and potentially starve to death because they can't feed their children… or themselves. He essentially wants to cause an extinction of these creatures, a Koopa hollocust.

That's not all, not only does he kill defenseless, innocent wildlife that have been thriving in the Mushroom Kingdom, he also has no qualms about beating children. The Koopalings are kids, remember. Bowser's little kids. Sure they're bratty and trouble makers, but which kids aren't? Keep in mind, he's a grown man. He's even gone as far as attacking a baby (Bowser Jr.). That should tell you what kind of a person Mario is, and Luigi isn't any better. Speaking of Luigi, he's almost always totally neglected and Mario loves to steal the spotlight from him any chance he gets.

Untitled
Mario getting ready to step on a little kid's head.

You might make the argument that Bowser and the Koopalings kidnap Peach, but when has Mario ever stopped to question why they do this? I mean, he's been rescuing her for years… didn't he ever stop and think why they want her so badly. Could it be that they just like her and want to be her friend? or that they think she's pretty and want a mother because they don't have one? Instead of trying to talk it out like a reasonable adult, Mario just goes in full force and kills anything in sight. Great example for kids isn't he?

So to sum it up Mario:

  • kills endangered wildlife without a thought
  • has no guilty conscience about countless murders he's committed
  • beats up little children
  • treats his brother like sh_t
  • is a horrible example for little kids

Yep, Mario's an absolute douche bag. I would love to have a game where you can play as Bowser or the Koopalings and take Mario out. Why hasn't this been made yet?

You watched that Game Theory, didn't you? That's.... to be blunt, trash. Oh, and you should be happy with Mario Party 10. You can play as Bowser and wreak havoc on Mario and the gang.

Not all GT episodes are trash. Just some of them. And before you say something along the lines of "Go ahead. Name some for me" I can name plenty of good episodes:
Rosalina Unmasked Pt.1/Pt.2
Link is DEAD in Majora's Mask
Link Vs. Link
Rome OP in RTS
WATCH_D0GS pt.1/Pt.2
How gamers are killing games
What gamers want:
Youtube IS Broken
How real can games get?

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Vee_Flames

Not all GT episodes are trash. Just some of them. And before you say something along the lines of "Go ahead. Name some for me" I can name plenty of good episodes:
Rosalina Unmasked Pt.1/Pt.2
Link is DEAD in Majora's Mask
Link Vs. Link
Rome OP in RTS
WATCH_D0GS pt.1/Pt.2
How gamers are killing games
What gamers want:
Youtube IS Broken
How real can games get?

Sigh.. I actually meant to say that particular Mario GT episode. Also, maybe I was bit very blunt about the judgement... I edited my last post to correct these errors.

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Capt_N

This is a joke thread, obviously. Though, for me, Game Theory, & its sibling Game Exchange are more entertaining than accurate. I find it to be more hearsay, than anything. Facts, yes there are, but not all of it. Video games share w/ real life only enough fact-based limitations to those worlds the creators want. But, that's just opinion, a game opinion.

To get back to the fun jokiness, It also needs to be pointed out that the entire major cast of characters residing in the Mushroom Kingdom, as well as a lot of the "DK crew"(♪), & recently Link from Hyrule, have the capability of being reckless drivers, that are too willing to be oppressive on the road towards the other drivers. By the same token, Mario, Luigi, & Bowser have Wile E Coyote level of cartoon durability; Driving their karts, & falling into lava, getting struck by lightning, getting smooshed(er,.. flattened, not attacked by a Youtube sensation ), falling from great heights, & living. Mario, Luigi, & crew are very durable.

Capt_N

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1967-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Captain_RETRON

Top

Sorry, this topic has been locked.