Forums

Topic: Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - OT

Posts 101 to 106 of 106

Mister_Wu

Has someone played the previous Mario & Sonic games?
Because now that I played it, I was surprised to find many nuances and more depth than expected in the gameplay - especially the Table Tennis event has a surprising depth, but also the Rugby and the Football events required me some strategy to win agaisnt even the simplest of the CPU opponents, with the Duel being particularly interesting as even a single action could change the results - and overall, even the 100m and 100m freestyle require either many different moves done right (the former, that is divided in three phases - start, build-up - use of special move) or a strategy not to end up still (the latter, in which if you go too fast or use the fastest move too much you have to stop).
I wanted to know if indeed some depth was added to the gameplay of the events in this game or if it was already there in the previous games.

Mister_Wu

jariw

@Mister_Wu I find it much deeper than the previous games and more sport/tactic focused, yes. Didn't play the last winter games game, though.

Some of the highest online scores are insanely good, so there's clearly a good bit of skill required for this game. Just try to beat those best Javelin throws...

jariw

Blue_Blur

jariw wrote:

I find it much deeper than the previous games and more sport/tactic focused, yes. Didn't play the last winter games game, though.

I definitely agree, and I've played all the previous Mario & Sonic games. I think each Mario & Sonic gets better then the next one, and Rio definitely continues that trend! For Sochi, I think it was a lot better than Vancouver, but the CPU's weren't very challenging, and in most events, it was a set control pattern to get an easy win. It was a fine game, but it didn't have a lot of depth, and didn't impress me nearly as much as Rio has.

I also feel like the Duel events in Rio are a lot better than the Dream events in the previous games. Not just because they feel more focused on the actual sport versus the "Dream/Duel" aspect of it, but they feel a lot more skill based instead of luck based. I don't mind the small number of Duel events either; a lot of Dream events always felt just tagged on and not that fun compared to the regular sport, in my opinion.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

SteelNotSober

Has anyone had problems with the Multiplayer? I have 2 controllers paired but it will not let me select 2 player game. It has an open controller slot still. Any ideas as to what is causing the issue?

SteelNotSober

Mister_Wu

@SteelNotSober Which kinds of controllers are you using? You must use two Wii Remotes to play a two-players game.

Mister_Wu

SteelNotSober

I have the tablet and then two toggle remotes and a WII U Pro Controller. From the looks, you can only use the toggle controllers.

SteelNotSober

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.