Forums

Topic: Injustice: Gods Among Us unofficial thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 570

HawkeyeWii

Just played through Batman's part of the story. Batman is #1, imagine that. Well anyway the story kicks off and well I don't want to spoil anything for anyone that hasn't heard about it, so I'll just say that Superman is a bit different and corrupt, also... imagine that. I have played quite a few fighters in my day and I have to say this is one of the deepest and most well thought out I have ever played.

The story itself is easily the best of any fighting game I have played. The DC comic characters seamlessly weave together. You feel like you are watching an epic movie. Each battle also perfectly weaves into the story. You get a good intro before each battle and then some talking afterwards, so you know exactly what is going on.

The move-sets are obviously unique to each character. Each character has a pretty robust set of move to dish out on their opponents. Just like in many fighters, each character has a light, medium, and heavy attack. The 4th button is used for projectiles that the character can use. Batman has batarangs that encircle him. Also fighting games are usually not known for holding the player's hand, but this game is an exception. There are 5 different difficulties ranging from Very Easy to Very Hard. There is also a very useful tutorial right when you begin.

The Graphics were absolutely stunning to say the least. This is easily one of the best looking games not only that the Wii U has seen, but for videogames in general. The backgrounds and characters teem with life. The destructive and active environments are incredibly well done. ONe of the coolest parts of the game is being able to go to mutiple layers for each arena and you do this also in a very destructive way.

Overall this game is a must have for Wii U owners. I have looked at the PS3 and 360 versions as well and have noticed that the Wii U version looks a tad bit better. Also Wii U owners will rejoice when I say this; I played this on nearly all the stages and a small chunk of the story and have found absolutely ZERO frame rate issues. I am also happy to announce that although the back of the box doesn't say so, the game IS compatible with the Wii Classic controller. So that is a great option as well!

(Gameplay) 9/10
(Graphics) 10/10
(Overall) 9.5/10 Excellent!!

(I haven't tried the Online Multiplayer yet, so when I do I'll let you know if there is any lag. I need to practice a bit more before I try fighting people )

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Linky_97

Us in EU have to wait until 26 april to play this on the Wii U...

Wii U online games:
Injustice Gods Among Us, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Assassin's Creed III, Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and Trine 2: Directors Cut
3DS Online games:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Tell me if you want to play :)

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8763-9592 | Nintendo Network ID: Linky97

HawkeyeWii

Linky_97 wrote:

Us in EU have to wait until 26 april to play this on the Wii U...

It will be worth the wait, let me assure you!
I have been wondering why exactly they would have had that delay for you guys though.
It is a must have for any Wii U owner.

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

SPOILERS!!!

I just beat Classic with Batman. I have to say I felt kind of bad that Superman will be stuck in the Phantom zone forever. for a bit it looked like the "bad" part of Superman was going to be stuck and the good would survive, but I guess not...

Twitter:

Gamer83

It doesn't really matter which system anybody gets this game for, just get it, it's an absolute must own.

Gamer83

HawkeyeWii

Gamer83 wrote:

It doesn't really matter which system anybody gets this game for, just get it, it's an absolute must own.

What he said ^^
Absolutely fantastic game!

Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

I really want to get the game, but i'm not much into fighters. I'm just worried that I won't be able to enjoy it that much if I do get it.
Is it accessible for newcomers to the fighting genre?

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Gamer83

CapnPancakes wrote:

I really want to get the game, but i'm not much into fighters. I'm just worried that I won't be able to enjoy it that much if I do get it.

If you've ever played and enjoyed Mortal Kombat 1-3, or 9 as well as an iteration of Street Fighter 2 or 4, you should have no problem getting used to how this game plays. It's a nice mix between the two styles though does lean a little more towards SF.

Gamer83

shingi_70

So anyone read the new issue of the comic that released today.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Gamer83

I actually haven't ready any of the Injustice comics because I can't find them anywhere. How many issues are there at this point? I'm wondering how much catching up I have to do, if it's a bunch of issues that I've missed I may just wait until they compile it all into a paperback.

Gamer83

shingi_70

Gamer83 wrote:

I actually haven't ready any of the Injustice comics because I can't find them anywhere. How many issues are there at this point? I'm wondering how much catching up I have to do, if it's a bunch of issues that I've missed I may just wait until they compile it all into a paperback.

Fourteen digital chapters so far and I think three print issues so far.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

HawkeyeWii

CapnPancakes wrote:

This is one of the most accessible fighters ever! There is a nice tutorial and on top of that there is a Very Easy and Easy modes, so you can get much practice in until you are ready to move on to higher difficulties.

Twitter:

Gamer83

Ok, looks like I'm a little bit behind then.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

HawkeyeWii

I like how Batman is the only character in the story that doesn't get corrupted.
He is incorruptible, the perfect super hero. Always has his head straight and knows where Justice is now matter what happens.

Twitter:

Gamer83

HawkeyeWii wrote:

I like how Batman is the only character in the story that doesn't get corrupted.
He is incorruptible, the perfect super hero. Always has his head straight and knows where Justice is now matter what happens.

Best superhero without question.

Gamer83

shingi_70

HawkeyeWii wrote:

One would argue his unwillingness to kill does more harm than good.

WAT!

HawkeyeWii

Sony_70 wrote:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

One would argue his unwillingness to kill does more harm than good.

If he would go ahead and kill the Joker sometime, everything he has stood for would be un-done. He is what is good in everyone. Just you look what happens when Superman finally goes over the edge. See how the world turns out just by killing a couple people...
Injustice: Gods Among Us shows exactly what would happen if a hero went over the edge and killed someone.

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.