People still read comic books?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

102. Posted:

Yeah.......

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

103. Posted:

Let's say both companies are great I like both Marvel and DC I lean more on the DC side of things From a pure comic standpoint they both do things better than each other. I love DC supernatural side and I think Marvel in General has a harder time when it comes to magic based heroes. On the flipside I loved Mavrel's Cosmic universe and while DC has gotten better they're cosmic stuff tends to revolve around Green Lantern and the Captain Planet Brigade.

The two big summer events from each company are pretty telling. Infinity from Marvel is going to be about Thanos and the avengers in space.
Untitled

While Trinity War from DC looks to be much more magic based.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

104. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

@SCAR392
You were starting to make some "half-good" points and then the end just made absolutely no sense.....
DC, Superman was the first comic, so obviously everything after anyone could say "You guys wouldn't be any where if it weren't for Superman"
Well sorry bro, but Marvel is far more successful and will always be more successful all around the board, so deal with it. I'm in college and I think it is utterly no coincidence in the many many classes I have taken, that we study and always bring up X-Men and how, YES Original it is. My Major is in journalism and nearly all my classes have been literary, so you can stop saying X-Men is unoriginal and bland, because it makes utterly no sense. X-Men was the first Comic series to explain why the majority of superheros have powers. It connected the readers so closely to them, because it felt real and that it could happen.
Stop bringing up Marvel and DC and who is better. The subject has been changed several times in the past few posts and is getting old. I'm am no longer going to come back at it either, so neither should you.

It was already common knowledge that mutations and other science phenomenon were the cause of super powers. I don't need an explanation for super powers in the comics if I already know the cause, which is why Marvel doesn't deliver.
It doesn't matter whether you major in literature to understand these types of things. As long as you can read, you can be involved in a fiction story.
Marvel has been successful, yes, but completely ignoring DC and calling it 'pointless' is basically calling Marvel pointless.

FACT: Marvel in its current state wouldn't exist without DC.

EDIT: BTW, why is Batman you're avatar if Marvel is so much better?

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

105. Posted:

You can't really argue about comix books if all you know about them is from vdeo games, and carttoon shows.
Out of all the comix book video games that have been done, the only one to get it right is those Batman Arkham games. Spider-man only comes so close to that..

Back on topic; It looks like their using the Cyborg from the TeenTitans cartoon, with the same voice.

Booya?

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

106. Posted:

@Sony_70
Are these new comic series for both companies, coming out this year? They both look interesting. Looks like Infinity is going to be a remake of the Infinity Gauntlet story arch.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

107. Posted:

@LordJumpMad
Spider-man 2 and Ultimate Spider-man were fantastic games, that paved the way for open world super hero games like the second Arkham.
And Cyborg was in comics before the Teen Titans cartoons. That would be sweet if it was the same voice!!

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

108. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

And Cyborg was in comics before the Teen Titans cartoons. That would be sweet if it was the same voice!!

I must have worded it wrong, I was meaning that they are using the voice from the cartoon, doesn't really fit the tone of the game.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

109. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

@Sony_70
Are these new comic series for both companies, coming out this year? They both look interesting. Looks like Infinity is going to be a remake of the Infinity Gauntlet story arch.

They're the big company wide crossovers for this year. Infinity is Thanos attacking earth while the bulk of the avengers team is in space.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44678

Trinity War we haven't gotten that much info about just teases from various comics. SO far the Trinity part is elusive and really not sure what it could mean.
Right now it could be either

The DC Trinity (Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman)

The Trinity of SIn (Pandora, Phantom Stranger, and The Question)

or the Three current Justice League teams (Justice League, Justice League of America, Justice League Dark)
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

all three will probably factor and they've been teasing the event for a while. I'm guess were going to hear some more about it next week.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

110. Posted:

Who is the guy that looks like if the Hulk and Frankenstein's monster had a baby?

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

111. Posted:

Don't think of how it would happen^^ lol
Actually make it She-hulk and Frankenstein's monster haha

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

112. Posted:

Also what the hell is up with Superman attempting... (attempting) to kill Batman?

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

113. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Who is the guy that looks like if the Hulk and Frankenstein's monster had a baby?

Frankenstein an agent of this Mad science organization called shade. After his series got canclled last year he moved over to Justice League dark.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

114. Posted:

It is Frankenstein's monster holy whaaaa????
Kinda reminds me of the Swamp Thing comics. Actually I have been dying to find out what the Swamp Thing Comics are even about. I can't see how a series could keep going when the main character is a 50's monster movie antagonist.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

115. Posted:

I'd say look up the Wiki. Swamp Ting gets around it through great writing and plotting. Plus he's a sentient being and not a mindless monster. The current Swamp Thing series just finished a long 18 issue sotry arc that crossed over with the Animal Man book called rotworld.
Untitled

WAT!

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

116. Posted:

hey guys, if it's comic books in general you'd like to discuss, please feel free to use this thread here. let's leave this thread to people who'd like to discuss the game at hand. Thanks in advance! :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Mickey

117. Posted:

When I was playing the demo, I instinctively pressed R to block. Funny how brains work eh? XD Its going to be a little while til' I get used to the Street Fighter-style block...

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

118. Posted:

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

When I was playing the demo, I instinctively pressed R to block. Funny how brains work eh? XD Its going to be a little while til' I get used to the Street Fighter-style block...

I have yet to try the demo. I am hoping that the Wii U gets one tomorrow since this will probably be the system I buy it on.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

119. Posted:

SO who do you guys hope will be apart of the four DLC characters. I'm hoping for Animal Man, Katana, Cheetah, and Darksied.

My only problems with the game are two many freaking batman characters and a lot of rostor choices that make no sense. Why have Black Adam and Shazam when they're arguably the same character and are pretty similar to superman in power sets. Also why have Ares when you could have went with an actual Wonder Woman super villain. I know that Wonder Woman is based n the gods but that seems like a waste of a spot that could go to Cheetah or uh....Doctor pyscho.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

120. Posted:

I would love to see a Femme Fetal pack or something of that nature containing Harley Quinn, The Huntress, Batgirl, Supergirl, Talia etc.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311