Forums

Topic: “Namco Worker” Shares Smash 4 Rumors: Ghirahim and Ridley Playable, Nintendo Direct on January 31

Posts 101 to 120 of 132

Bankai

Happy_Mask wrote:

@Wings While I agree with you to an extent, he is a vicious perfectionist, so almost any comments do help him. It's just the petty rumors such as this that can be frustrating for him, as he either has to issue a statement to get people to lower their expectations, or leave it alone and let down the fanbase when the game actually comes out. But either way, the odds of sakurai seeing too many rumors are very slim since he's fueling himself to work on this in his free time.

Do you know him personally? Sure sounds like you do :-/

CM30

However, while Square and Nintendo do get along now, I have to wonder why they'd even choose Geno to include. I mean, if Nintendo let Square Enix decide on one of their characters as being in Super Smash Bros 4, I suspect Square will choose someone from Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Chrono Trigger instead, someone who's more well known and actually relevant.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Happy_Mask

WhiteKnight wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

@Wings While I agree with you to an extent, he is a vicious perfectionist, so almost any comments do help him. It's just the petty rumors such as this that can be frustrating for him, as he either has to issue a statement to get people to lower their expectations, or leave it alone and let down the fanbase when the game actually comes out. But either way, the odds of sakurai seeing too many rumors are very slim since he's fueling himself to work on this in his free time.

Do you know him personally? Sure sounds like you do :-/

I apologize if the way I'm writing is relatively vague at the moment, I'm coming back from a concussion so my style is a bit off.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Gamesake

CM30 wrote:

if Nintendo let Square Enix decide on one of their characters as being in Super Smash Bros 4, I suspect Square will choose someone from Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Chrono Trigger instead, someone who's more well known and actually relevant.

If Nintendo wants to put characters in Super Smash Bros 4 who are actually relevant, they'll stay far away from Square Enix.

...in my pants.

Bankai

Gamesake wrote:

CM30 wrote:

if Nintendo let Square Enix decide on one of their characters as being in Super Smash Bros 4, I suspect Square will choose someone from Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Chrono Trigger instead, someone who's more well known and actually relevant.

If Nintendo wants to put characters in Super Smash Bros 4 who are actually relevant, they'll stay far away from Square Enix.

Troll is troll is troll. And people yell at me...

Square Enix dominates the most popular characters in video games in Japan. Mario might be #1 (though from memory he actually isn't any more), but Square Enix owns over 50 per cent of the top 40.

Nintendo would, frankly, be nuts not to include one or two Square Enix heroes. Chocobo, Cloud, Slime, Lighting - something like that.

LzWinky

WhiteKnight wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Square Enix dominates the most popular characters in video games in Japan. Mario might be #1 (though from memory he actually isn't any more), but Square Enix owns over 50 per cent of the top 40.

Nintendo would, frankly, be nuts not to include one or two Square Enix heroes. Chocobo, Cloud, Slime, Lighting - something like that.

So what happened with the last game?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Chrono_Cross

Happy_Mask wrote:

Oof, I want geno, and I'm not a child. But I do understand why he wouldn't work, no need to cop an attitude. :3

Most humans that aren't legally adults don't understand the circumstances.

And there was no attitude to be found.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Bankai

LZBirdboi wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

Gamesake wrote:

CM30 wrote:

So what happened with the last game?

The last game included two new characters from outside of the Nintendo franchises. Sonic and Snake were even more logical than Square Enix's characters. However Square Enix ought to be next, judging from character popularity and the relationship between Nintendo and SE.

Tecmo Koei's characters won't work, too, so that leaves those out of contention.

LzWinky

WhiteKnight wrote:

The last game included two new characters from outside of the Nintendo franchises. Sonic and Snake were even more logical than Square Enix's characters. However Square Enix ought to be next, judging from character popularity and the relationship between Nintendo and SE.

Tecmo Koei's characters won't work, too, so that leaves those out of contention.

Admit it. You want Chocobo

To be honest, there's no character that Squeenix owns that I would love to see....aside from maybe the unnamed Dragon Quest heroes

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jaz007

They should put Nathan Drake in! (trolling aside it actually would be kind of cool, very very wrong, but cool anyway)

Jaz007

voulg160

i wonder if ryu would make an appearance i mean Nintendo did help co-publish ninja gaiden 3 did'nt they. Also why no last story/xenoblade characters

Backloggery
right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us."
fc is 2750-1120-9537

Chrono_Cross

The reason why Sonic and Solid were included in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, is due to their popularity in the States and Europe. Which is something no Final Fantasy character possesses.

That and contracts, possible legal issues, et cetera, caused unnecessary work for both companies.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

Bankai

Admit it. You want Chocobo

Or Moogle. Either/ or, really

i wonder if ryu would make an appearance i mean Nintendo did help co-publish ninja gaiden 3 did'nt they. Also why no last story/xenoblade characters

Unlikely. He doesn't fit in thematically with Nintendo's characters (gore and such), and Tecmo Koei uses him for its own fighting game franchise, Dead or Alive.

The reason why Sonic and Solid were included in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, is due to their popularity in the States and Europe. Which is something no Final Fantasy character possesses.

The Final Fantasy characters are wildly popular in Japan, which is increasingly becoming the market Nintendo is relying on for survival.

Nintendo and Square Enix have already had cross-character collaborations in the past. These came after the last Smash Brothers release, suggesting perhaps the relationship was forged after the development of the game.

There is no reason that this couldn't happen, in all seriousness. It's a natural fit, and the relationship between the two companies is there.

Edited on by Bankai

TysonOfTime

Hey, I'm in for any character that meshes well. Like @WhiteKnight said, having a gory character in with the rest is odd, and I for one didn't think highly of the sometimes out of place theming of the characters in PSAll-Stars. (Kratos, Killzone guy, and Big Daddy... versus Sackboy and Parappa?)

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

moomoo

I could totally see Mog from FF6 fitting in. He looks the part, had his debut on a Nintendo system, and has tons of variety in his moveset in the game. It's possible.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Chrono_Cross

I'm sure it is, and I can relate, but it all really depends on how it will benefit the overall game and still be appropriate. And if there's one thing Nintendo wants, it's America's attention and reception. Nintendo has always relied on the U.S. since its debut in the video game market.

Just for you.

Bankai

CactusJackson wrote:

I'm sure it is, and I can relate, but it all really depends on how it will benefit the overall game and still be appropriate. And if there's one thing Nintendo wants, it's America's attention and reception. Nintendo has always relied on the U.S. since its debut in the video game market.

Nintendo does seem confident with Square Enix characters in their character mash-ups though. Look at Mario Sports Mix and Fortune Street. Both those games are, potentially, testing the water for the next Smash Brothers to have some Final Fantasy thrown in, with relatively small-scale partnerships first.

Heck, I would not be surprised in the slightest if I saw a full Mario Vs. Final Fantasy Smash Brothers game in the not-too-distant future. There are weirder combinations out there (Mortal Kombat VS DC, for instance)

Aviator

If Lightning was in it I would buy it.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Eel

Aviator wrote:

If Lightning was in it I would buy it.

I think generic Black Mage, White Mage, Moogle or Catuar have better chances than Lighting.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.