Forums

Topic: Lets Prove 3rd Parties wrong #OperationPlatinum

Posts 41 to 60 of 127

iKhan

midnafanboy wrote:

@iKhan Kids and women are mostly the only people who own the Wiiu? That oh my god if i can say what i want to say to your sentence i would but i can't cause never mind.But really kids and women who in gods name told you that? Seriously it's men, kids,teens and maybe women who own the system.But it's weird i'm not a kid or a women but i own the Wiiu what does that make me?

Those were the two biggest demographics with the Wii. Also, you see kid friendly and casual games sell pretty well on Nintendo systems including the Wii U, even if they are 3rd party. It's a lot better of an explanation than "Nintendo fans don't buy 3rd Party game just cus"

Also, I never said those were the only people who had a Wii U. I said those were the people who had ONLY a Wii U and not a PS360 or PS4 or XB1.

EDIT: I'm not trying to generalize here. I myself only have a Wii, with no PS360, PS4, XB1, or Wii U. I am saying that's the MAJORITY of that group that only owns a Nintendo system. That's really the most logical reasoning behind why Mature 3rd Party multiplats don't sell on Nintendo systems. Just saying "Oh Nintendo fans don't buy 3rd Party games" is really sweeping generalization, and I don't think it's accurate.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, ARMS, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Steamworld Dig 2, A Hat In Time, (maybe some Wii games over Thanksgiving w/ the fam)

MsJubilee

@Akazury I have a Wiiu,PC and a Xbox one i would never buy a PS4.

I've died. There is no more me

This is the will of the heavens.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: TwilightAngel9

Samurai_Goroh

WaLzgi wrote:

I still won't buy a game unless it appeals to me. I frankly couldn't care less for the "3rd party support"

Ditto. I'll buy Bayonetta 2, not to prove a point but because I want to. About "mature games" on Nintendo consoles, sometimes they sell, sometimes they don't. Like every other game and console. RE4 sold very well on Wii and GameCube for instance. Chinatown Wars sold about 1 million copies on DS, much more than the latter port to PSP ever did. Madworld didn't sell because it was a niche black and white stylized game to begin with. I have it and got tired of starring at black and white after a couple of hours.

Samurai_Goroh

briwipdx

if theres not an bucket full of ice water involved, im out!

briwipdx

3DS Friend Code: 4398-9842-2514 | Nintendo Network ID: briwipdx

Samurai_Goroh

iKhan wrote:

Also, I never said those were the only people who had a Wii U. I said those were the people who had ONLY a Wii U and not a PS360 or PS4 or XB1.

I don't have a Xbox One nor a PS4, nor a PS3, nor a 360. I have a Wii and a Wii U. I am 23 years old. Explain me.

Samurai_Goroh

Akazury

@iKhan I still feel insulted a bit cause I'm neither off those groups and only have a U. While casual games might sell better they don't sell that much better, ACIII on wiiU onky sold a couple of thousand less tan Just dance, which still had horrendous sales.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

iKhan

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Also, I never said those were the only people who had a Wii U. I said those were the people who had ONLY a Wii U and not a PS360 or PS4 or XB1.

I don't have a Xbox One nor a PS4, nor a PS3, nor a 360. I have a Wii and a Wii U. I am 23 years old. Explain me.

I mean that's most of the Wii U's exclusive base. Obviously there are exceptions like you and me (I only have a Wii), but I think we are the minority.

Currently Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, ARMS, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Steamworld Dig 2, A Hat In Time, (maybe some Wii games over Thanksgiving w/ the fam)

Spoony_Tech

Only a Wii U here and I'm 41. I think he's more off base then he realizes. Also I don't think women in general make the gaming decisions.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MsJubilee

I'm just going to say it, just buy bayonetta 2 cause you want it not to prove to third party that mature games can sell on the Wiiu.Cause even if bayonetta 2 sold a million copies third party developers will not even care.They will just shrug to the news and walk away.

I've died. There is no more me

This is the will of the heavens.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: TwilightAngel9

iKhan

Akazury wrote:

@iKhan I still feel insulted a bit cause I'm neither off those groups and only have a U. While casual games might sell better they don't sell that much better, ACIII on wiiU onky sold a couple of thousand less tan Just dance, which still had horrendous sales.

I don't think the VGChartz data on ACIII and Just Dance are completely accurate. I was listening IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat last night, and they affirmed Ubisoft's statement by saying the sales of mature Ubi titles on Wii U were abysmal. They couldn't say numbers, as they weren't made public, but they clearly had access to them. I've been trying to gain access to NeoGAF to find actual sales numbers, as, while VGChartz tends to be accurate for sales numbers above 1M, they tend to be quite off on sales below that number, in part because those game's sales aren't usually made public.

Currently Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, ARMS, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Steamworld Dig 2, A Hat In Time, (maybe some Wii games over Thanksgiving w/ the fam)

iKhan

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Only a Wii U here and I'm 41. I think he's more off base then he realizes. Also I don't think women in general make the gaming decisions.

What's a better explanation for why games like Sonic and Rayman do fine on Nintendo platforms, but games like CoD and manhunt sell like crap.

Currently Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, ARMS, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Steamworld Dig 2, A Hat In Time, (maybe some Wii games over Thanksgiving w/ the fam)

Akazury

iKhan wrote:

Akazury wrote:

@iKhan I still feel insulted a bit cause I'm neither off those groups and only have a U. While casual games might sell better they don't sell that much better, ACIII on wiiU onky sold a couple of thousand less tan Just dance, which still had horrendous sales.

I don't think the VGChartz data on ACIII and Just Dance are completely accurate. I was listening IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat last night, and they affirmed Ubisoft's statement by saying the sales of mature Ubi titles on Wii U were abysmal. They couldn't say numbers, as they weren't made public, but they clearly had access to them. I've been trying to gain access to NeoGAF to find actual sales numbers, as, while VGChartz tends to be accurate for sales numbers above 1M, they tend to be quite off on sales below that number, in part because those game's sales aren't usually made public.

I never said any numbers nor sources. I heard the same podcast, but the matter of fact is no matter how hard u i says mature games don't sell it's not o ly their mature games that don't sell.

iKhan wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Only a Wii U here and I'm 41. I think he's more off base then he realizes. Also I don't think women in general make the gaming decisions.

What's a better explanation for why games like Sonic and Rayman do fine on Nintendo platforms, but games like CoD and manhunt sell like crap.

Easy because we like quality games, Sonic Lost World was quite bad CoD just sucks ass. When developers try to develop a good game it will get recongized and bought when they don't cough Ubi cough we leave them hangin.

Edited on by Akazury

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Come on now people, quit questioning things with a "meh" attitude.

This movement is NOT intended to bring third parties back. People just assumed that. It is intended to help Bayonetta 2 sell as much as possible. The goal is 1 million copies. Even if the goal is missed, it is better to have shot and missed than to have not tried at all.

Don't care about proving a point to 3rd parties? Fine. You can still prove to Nintendo that they were right to fund the game and that we want more games like this.

Not interested in the game? That's fine. You can still do your part and spread the word.

Don't try and say Bayonetta 2 has enough awareness. You all know that's not true. Sure, it has more than other games do, but it needs way more than it does.

Don't sit there and hope Nintendo will properly advertise it. They've done great for the time being, but there's no guarantee Nintendo will advertise it like they should when we get closer to release. Given Nintendo's track record with the Wii U, it'd be best to assume they won't advertise Bayo 2 enough (commercials, social media, billboards, etc).

No, we can't force people to buy it. That doesn't mean we can't sway them. Positive word of mouth goes a long way ya know.

In the end, all I'm doing is asking you guys to please support it. The game deserves it.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

iKhan

Akazury wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Akazury wrote:

@iKhan I still feel insulted a bit cause I'm neither off those groups and only have a U. While casual games might sell better they don't sell that much better, ACIII on wiiU onky sold a couple of thousand less tan Just dance, which still had horrendous sales.

I don't think the VGChartz data on ACIII and Just Dance are completely accurate. I was listening IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat last night, and they affirmed Ubisoft's statement by saying the sales of mature Ubi titles on Wii U were abysmal. They couldn't say numbers, as they weren't made public, but they clearly had access to them. I've been trying to gain access to NeoGAF to find actual sales numbers, as, while VGChartz tends to be accurate for sales numbers above 1M, they tend to be quite off on sales below that number, in part because those game's sales aren't usually made public.

I never said any numbers nor sources. I heard the same podcast, but the matter of fact is no matter how hard u i says mature games don't sell it's not o ly their mature games that don't sell.

But what's the idea that non-Mature games don't sell well on Wii U either come from? You are right that I just assumed VGChartz, because that's the only source I've seen for assertion you gave.

Sega has gone on record saying Sonic games sell the best on NIntendo Platforms. Casual games like Just Dance sold like crazy on Wii. Pinpointing sales on Wii U is a bit tougher as the install base is still low, so sources are hard to find, but if we assume the Wii U's install base is of similar demographics to the Wii and Gamecube, I don't think my assertions are too far fetched.

Currently Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, ARMS, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Steamworld Dig 2, A Hat In Time, (maybe some Wii games over Thanksgiving w/ the fam)

Akazury

iKhan wrote:

Akazury wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Akazury wrote:

@iKhan I still feel insulted a bit cause I'm neither off those groups and only have a U. While casual games might sell better they don't sell that much better, ACIII on wiiU onky sold a couple of thousand less tan Just dance, which still had horrendous sales.

I don't think the VGChartz data on ACIII and Just Dance are completely accurate. I was listening IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat last night, and they affirmed Ubisoft's statement by saying the sales of mature Ubi titles on Wii U were abysmal. They couldn't say numbers, as they weren't made public, but they clearly had access to them. I've been trying to gain access to NeoGAF to find actual sales numbers, as, while VGChartz tends to be accurate for sales numbers above 1M, they tend to be quite off on sales below that number, in part because those game's sales aren't usually made public.

I never said any numbers nor sources. I heard the same podcast, but the matter of fact is no matter how hard u i says mature games don't sell it's not o ly their mature games that don't sell.

But what's the idea that non-Mature games don't sell well on Wii U either come from? You are right that I just assumed VGChartz, because that's the only source I've seen for assertion you gave.

Sega has gone on record saying Sonic games sell the best on NIntendo Platforms. Casual games like Just Dance sold like crazy on Wii. Pinpointing sales on Wii U is a bit tougher as the install base is still low, so sources are hard to find, but if we assume the Wii U's install base is of similar demographics to the Wii and Gamecube, I don't think my assertions are too far fetched.

But the demographic has vastly changed. Wih Wii they pretty much had casual gamers as an untapped market but now they have all moved over to their tablet/phone. The current demogrpahic is more focused with pretty much the hardcore nintendo fans and the casuals that might have sticked tp console gaming followed the herd of zombies and media outlets to the PS4

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

I didn't know 41 year olds weren't allowed to play Rayman and Sonic. I've got Rayman, maybe I should delete it? I like all good games Reguardless of the type.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

PokeMario

So many negative comments. If you have the mindset that you can't get straight A's then you won't. If you have the mindset that you can't lose ten pounds then you won't. The Wii U is hit by negative press all the time and it loses potential buyers because of that. I loved the first Bayonetta, and I have no doubt the second will be great as well, so we should all do our best to get everyone to buy this game so they can experience the wonderful work of Platinum Games.

PokeMario

iKhan

Akazury wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Akazury wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Akazury wrote:

@iKhan I still feel insulted a bit cause I'm neither off those groups and only have a U. While casual games might sell better they don't sell that much better, ACIII on wiiU onky sold a couple of thousand less tan Just dance, which still had horrendous sales.

I don't think the VGChartz data on ACIII and Just Dance are completely accurate. I was listening IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat last night, and they affirmed Ubisoft's statement by saying the sales of mature Ubi titles on Wii U were abysmal. They couldn't say numbers, as they weren't made public, but they clearly had access to them. I've been trying to gain access to NeoGAF to find actual sales numbers, as, while VGChartz tends to be accurate for sales numbers above 1M, they tend to be quite off on sales below that number, in part because those game's sales aren't usually made public.

I never said any numbers nor sources. I heard the same podcast, but the matter of fact is no matter how hard u i says mature games don't sell it's not o ly their mature games that don't sell.

But what's the idea that non-Mature games don't sell well on Wii U either come from? You are right that I just assumed VGChartz, because that's the only source I've seen for assertion you gave.

Sega has gone on record saying Sonic games sell the best on NIntendo Platforms. Casual games like Just Dance sold like crazy on Wii. Pinpointing sales on Wii U is a bit tougher as the install base is still low, so sources are hard to find, but if we assume the Wii U's install base is of similar demographics to the Wii and Gamecube, I don't think my assertions are too far fetched.

But the demographic has vastly changed. Wih Wii they pretty much had casual gamers as an untapped market but now they have all moved over to their tablet/phone. The current demogrpahic is more focused with pretty much the hardcore nintendo fans and the casuals that might have sticked tp console gaming followed the herd of zombies and media outlets to the PS4

Home console casual games are vastly different from mobile casual games. This is why you still see the Just Dance franchise sell great on Wii. Nintendo themselves said 500K people in Japan still use their Wii Fit balance boards.

Home console casual games are centered on local multiplayer and doing generally fun activities with the controller. Mobile casual games are either internet social games like Words with Friends, or they are arcade style with a low difficulty curve like Angry Birds and Doodle Jump. While you did see some shovelware like the latter on Wii, it wasn't what made the system popular. So no, the market didn't move to tablets and smart phones, the industry just stopped making a console for that market. I know this because I play all of these kinds of games and enjoy them. They don't really overlap.

That said, you are probably right about the casual audience not being on Wii U. The Wii U just doesn't have anything to attract that audience like the PS1, PS2, and then Wii had. But I still think the idea that Nintendo's exclusive base has a large number of kids is pretty accurate. Nintendo brands itself as the family friendly option. If kids are getting a console, it's a Nintendo console.

Akazury wrote:

iKhan wrote:

What's a better explanation for why games like Sonic and Rayman do fine on Nintendo platforms, but games like CoD and manhunt sell like crap.

Easy because we like quality games, Sonic Lost World was quite bad CoD just sucks ass. When developers try to develop a good game it will get recongized and bought when they don't cough Ubi cough we leave them hangin.

That's a complete generalization of 7M people. Clearly a lot of people don't agree with you that CoD isn't a bad game, else it wouldn't sell that well. To say that most Nintendo console owners have very similar tastes in games is just absurd. I'm personally a Nintendo fan, and I've never been interested in a Sonic game ever.

Obviously games that a majority of people think are bad like Sonic Lost World won't sell well, but games quite a few people love like CoD aren't that easy to make that assumption with.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, ARMS, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Steamworld Dig 2, A Hat In Time, (maybe some Wii games over Thanksgiving w/ the fam)

iKhan

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I didn't know 41 year olds weren't allowed to play Rayman and Sonic. I've got Rayman, maybe I should delete it? I like all good games Reguardless of the type.

I didn't say that. I said that Rayman and Sonic sell well on Nintendo platforms, while more mature titles like manhunt, CoD, and Assassin's Creed don't. If most 41 year olds play games regardless of type, there shouldn't be this type of disparity.

Currently Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, ARMS, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Steamworld Dig 2, A Hat In Time, (maybe some Wii games over Thanksgiving w/ the fam)

Spoony_Tech

The problem more in lies that most 41 year olds rather play CoD on the higher end systems.

Mature games don't sell well on Nintendo for a bunch of reasons. One main reason miss the lack of quality online experience and dedicated servers can handle a lot more users then Nintendo's can. I always choose free though and be happy with what I get.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic