Wii U Forum

Topic: Lets Prove 3rd Parties wrong #OperationPlatinum

Showing 101 to 120 of 133

AuthorMessage

Pahvi

101. Posted:

Even the mere apparent necessity of a campaign described in the original post proves the opposite point.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?
Now playing: Hyrule Warriors, de Blob 2
Game impressions posts: http://backlogcompactor.blogspot.com/

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

102. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

k8sMum wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Only a Wii U here and I'm 41. I think he's more off base then he realizes. Also I don't think women in general make the gaming decisions.

Let's not go there.

You're in the vast minority as I know no one that this is true for. Everyone I know the guys makes these decisions because for the most part their wives don't care as long aas they are age appropriate that is.

Wasn't there just a report that mentioned that women are now a bigger chunk of the gaming market than med?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Blast

103. Posted:

Hernandez wrote:

Blast wrote:

Hernandez wrote:

Sadly, this will make absolutely no difference. Especially since Bayonetta 2 is a Nintendo-funded project.

The creator(s) of this "operation" didn't think things through. Watch Dogs would've been a much smarter option. I guarantee if that went on to sell like 2 million copies on the Wii U, Ubisoft would come crawling back. That would have a huge impact, not this.

If only Watch Dogs wasn't overhyped. If only there wasn't multiple popular videos on Youtube about how Watch Dogs was overhyped and overrated. If only Watch Dogs wasn't marketed as a rival to GTA V..... But Watch Dogs sold really well on alotta platforms, right? Right? RIGHT?! Do you see my point, man? Overhyped game sold really well!

It's literally the last chance you have. Apparently, the game isn't exactly a masterpiece, but if it doesn't sell well it's bye bye Ubisoft. For real, this time.

If, for some reason, it actually managed to be a hit on the Wii U, Ubisoft would be forced to reconsider their strategy and support the console in the future. And since Ubi is such a major player in the gaming industry, other companies would probably follow suit. The impact would be tremendous.

As I said before, the creator of this operation is wasting everyone's time. It's not Bayonetta, a "second-party" title, that needs record sales...

Games like Rayman will still hit Wii U but games like Splinter Cell and other "mature" titles will go away.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Operative

104. Posted:

Pahvi wrote:

Even the mere apparent necessity of a campaign described in the original post proves the opposite point.

Indeed. It's pretty sad actually.

Operative

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

105. Posted:

Yes, because in order to prove to third parties that Nintendo fans don't buy just Nintendo-published games, we're going to all get together an buy a Nintendo-published game.

My god this is stupid. We should just buy the game because we think its gonna be a fun game. Buying other games in the vain hope of getting the games you actually want just leaves you with less resources for said games you truly want.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

VoodooTrumpet

106. Posted:

Am I the only one not particularly bothered about Bayonetta 2? I played the original on the 360 and while it had a great style and a load of panache, it wasn't much more than a mindless button-basher to me. It's very much in the same vein as the Devil May Cry series and I never really cared for those games.

As for third-party games, publishers have to take a lot of onus for poor sales after complaining about (self-perceived) lack-lustre sales for games they port which run worse on a more powerful console than the 360 & PS3 and are missing various features. What do they expect?

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Nintendo Network ID: LucienSanchez | Twitter: creepyorcool

AuthorMessage

Kodeen

107. Posted:

Octane wrote:

Nintenjoe64 wrote:

Hopefully Project CARS and Watch Dogs both sell best on Wii U.

I don't think these games deserve to sell anything at all. Another downgraded port that has been delayed several times.

In terms of Pcars specifically, how is it downgraded other than by the limits provided by the Wii U? Have they removed something?

Kodeen

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

108. Posted:

VoodooTrumpet wrote:

It's very much in the same vein as the Devil May Cry series and I never really cared for those games.

And there lies your first mistake.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Akazury

109. Posted:

Kodeen wrote:

Octane wrote:

Nintenjoe64 wrote:

Hopefully Project CARS and Watch Dogs both sell best on Wii U.

I don't think these games deserve to sell anything at all. Another downgraded port that has been delayed several times.

In terms of Pcars specifically, how is it downgraded other than by the limits provided by the Wii U? Have they removed something?

We don't know yet, but it's delayed and we haven't had any updates about it since XO/PS4 got picked up as platforms

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter: GamerSpecific

AuthorMessage

gage_wolf

110. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

k8sMum wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Only a Wii U here and I'm 41. I think he's more off base then he realizes. Also I don't think women in general make the gaming decisions.

Let's not go there.

You're in the vast minority as I know no one that this is true for. Everyone I know the guys makes these decisions because for the most part their wives don't care as long aas they are age appropriate that is.

So because YOU don't know any female gamers, surely they don't exist right? Just... wow.

Edited on by gage_wolf

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

111. Posted:

gage_wolf wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

k8sMum wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Let's not go there.

So because YOU don't know any female gamers, surely they don't exist right? Just... wow.

Yep, totally said they don't exist. Yep, those words came out of my mouth.

What I'm referring to is who makes the gaming decisions not if there are female gamers. Even if there is 30% of them in a household it's still the vast minority.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

gage_wolf

112. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

gage_wolf wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

k8sMum wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Let's not go there.

Yep, totally said they don't exist. Yep, those words came out of my mouth.

What I'm referring to is who makes the gaming decisions not if there are female gamers. Even if there is 30% of them in a household it's still the vast minority.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/female-adults-oust-teenag...

Edited on by gage_wolf

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

113. Posted:

gage_wolf wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

EDIT: In conclusion, saying that the sales of a 3rd party/Nintendo collaboration title doesn't really matter that much, is undermining everyone involved.

Uhh, I think you're arguing against a point I even wasn't trying to make... I was commenting on the pointlessness of the #OperationPlatinum "movement". Bayonetta 2 selling really well doesn't prove anything new to major third party devs or anyone else, as this guy is claiming. It just solidifies the notion that only games made or bank-rolled by Nintendo will sell well. He's operating on some kind of heroic delusion that third parties "have it all wrong!" and getting everyone to buy Bayonetta 2 will bring all the devs back, and their mature-rated titles too!

Well, W101 didn't do so well with Nintendo's name on it. My point is that it's still important for this game to sell well, admittedly more so to Nintendo, but not for the reasoning this guy is saying. That we agree on. I was just getting the impression that no one thinks it's important for the game to sell well, overall. My mistake.

It's possible that 3rd parties might be paying attention to the turnout like this, but probably not, because it's not their games that are of a collaboration. No one should be obligated to buy something, though, so that's what makes the notion extra pointless than it already is.

EDIT: Also, no comment on the Devil's Third guy. I don't really follow.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

micronean

114. Posted:

I'm going to get Bayonetta 2 despite the politics around it. But, whatever the case, it won't make much difference to anyone if the game sells 10 million copies, as it's still a Nintendo property. The most it'll do is just contradict some idle statements made by goofy execs. Big whoop.

More important is that the game is a quality title, that it gets great reviews, and that it keeps the developer making more games. As for Watch Dogs: The game already got mixed reviews. It is dead in the water. Nothing is going to make Watch Dogs any more appealing on Wii U than on the other platforms.

micronean

AuthorMessage

ogo79

115. Posted:

here let me fix this here...
you know whats going to happen? everyone is gonna try and help bayonetta sell 10 million copies on wii u then they are going to turn around and make bayonetta 3 for a non nintendo console. i hate to see people work hard for nothing.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Caryslan

116. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

here let me fix this here...
you know whats going to happen? everyone is gonna try and help bayonetta sell 10 million copies on wii u then they are going to turn around and make bayonetta 3 for a non nintendo console. i hate to see people work hard for nothing.

I hope Nintendo took the extra steps to have rights of first refusal for a sequel in the event Bayonetta 2 does well. I mean, they can't be that stupid can they?

They should have something in place to ensure they get first rights to a sequel. If Nintendo did not take those steps after bankrolling Bayonetta 2, then we can officially say they have no idea how to deal with third-parties.

Caryslan

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

117. Posted:

Depends if Microsoft would have done it without that condition or not.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

theweirdn8

118. Posted:

Bayonetta 1 was awesome, I'm going to pre-order Bayonetta 2 and probably get another one at launch to raffle off.

I do miss three third party studios on the Wii U, hope they returns or else I will literally make the replacements for their void.

theweirdn8

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

119. Posted:

So all you guys buying Legend of Korra, and Scalebound when that comes out, because if not, its less support Platinum than it is support my platform of choices interests.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

MajinSoul

120. Posted:

Imo you show them by not buying those games on other platforms. Cod not coming to WiiU? Don't buy on another platform! AC not coming to WiiU? Don't buy on another platform! Fifa not coming to WiiU? Don't buy on another platform! THAT way you show them that they have to release it on the WiiU. Now if you simply move on and say "well, I'll just buy it on my PS4/XO/PC" you'd simply prove them true.

As to Bayonetta 2: I've already preordered it since the announcment of the 1st title coming to WiiU. Platinum are gods of the action genre. Just look at titles like Vanquish and The Wonderful 101.

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid