Wii U Forum

Topic: Lego City Update

Showing 1 to 11 of 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrGawain

1. Posted:

Just noticed after playing another game on the Wii U that there's an update being uploaded for Lego City. Haven't got time to look at it now, but does anyone know what it's for?

It's a big thing to make a PS or xbox look like an NES. No one has ever customised a Nintendo console to make it look like an xbox or PS. There is a reason for this.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

2. Posted:

Probably just stability.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingH3nrry

3. Posted:

Hopefully to shorten the loading times, but it's probably not

Miiverse
Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: KingH3nrry

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

4. Posted:

KingH3nrry wrote:

Hopefully to shorten the loading times, but it's probably not

The September/October OS update will shorten load times. This applies to every game.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingH3nrry

5. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

KingH3nrry wrote:

Hopefully to shorten the loading times, but it's probably not

The September/October OS update will shorten load times. This applies to every game.

I don't think it applies to game loading times, just system loading times and game start up times, and other things I'm sure.

Miiverse
Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: KingH3nrry

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

6. Posted:

KingH3nrry wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

KingH3nrry wrote:

Hopefully to shorten the loading times, but it's probably not

The September/October OS update will shorten load times. This applies to every game.

I don't think it applies to game loading times, just system loading times and game start up times, and other things I'm sure.

They already said it would at the beginning of the year. They're going to update the Wii U so it can access memory data faster. That's not exclusive to only one game. Every game will load faster with the September/October OS update.

EDIT: They also said that save data back-ups for games will be available in a similar fashion as what they already have available for 3DS.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingH3nrry

7. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

KingH3nrry wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

KingH3nrry wrote:

Hopefully to shorten the loading times, but it's probably not

The September/October OS update will shorten load times. This applies to every game.

I don't think it applies to game loading times, just system loading times and game start up times, and other things I'm sure.

They already said it would at the beginning of the year. They're going to update the Wii U so it can access memory data faster. That's not exclusive to only one game. Every game will load faster with the September/October OS update.

EDIT: They also said that save data back-ups for games will be available in a similar fashion as what they already have available for 3DS.

Oh really? That's great news! Btw, what do you mean by the sentence you said in the edit?

Miiverse
Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: KingH3nrry

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

8. Posted:

KingH3nrry wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

KingH3nrry wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

KingH3nrry wrote:

Hopefully to shorten the loading times, but it's probably not

The September/October OS update will shorten load times. This applies to every game.

I don't think it applies to game loading times, just system loading times and game start up times, and other things I'm sure.

They already said it would at the beginning of the year. They're going to update the Wii U so it can access memory data faster. That's not exclusive to only one game. Every game will load faster with the September/October OS update.

EDIT: They also said that save data back-ups for games will be available in a similar fashion as what they already have available for 3DS.

Oh really? That's great news! Btw, what do you mean by the sentence you said in the edit?

You can create more than one save file of a game. It doesn't really mean much right now, but data options can potentially be more accessible.
It just creates a copy of your save data that you can put somewhere else. It's like copying memory from one memory card to another, except there's only one memory card.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingH3nrry

9. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

KingH3nrry wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

KingH3nrry wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

KingH3nrry wrote:

Hopefully to shorten the loading times, but it's probably not

The September/October OS update will shorten load times. This applies to every game.

I don't think it applies to game loading times, just system loading times and game start up times, and other things I'm sure.

They already said it would at the beginning of the year. They're going to update the Wii U so it can access memory data faster. That's not exclusive to only one game. Every game will load faster with the September/October OS update.

EDIT: They also said that save data back-ups for games will be available in a similar fashion as what they already have available for 3DS.

Oh really? That's great news! Btw, what do you mean by the sentence you said in the edit?

You can create more than one save file of a game. It doesn't really mean much right now, but data options can potentially be more accessible.
It just creates a copy of your save data that you can put somewhere else. It's like copying memory from one memory card to another, except there's only one memory card.

Can one use/put the save file on another system?

Miiverse
Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: KingH3nrry

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

10. Posted:

As of now, no. Data-back up isn't available yet, but it's possible they'll allow you to do that when it is available though.
They could even use Spotpass on your Wii U while in stand-by to(remotely access) send you your save data over a network to another Wii U.
There's alot they haven't done that they can.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingH3nrry

11. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

As of now, no. Data-back up isn't available yet, but it's possible they'll allow you to do that when it is available though.
They could even use Spotpass on your Wii U while in stand-by to(remotely access) send you your save data over a network to another Wii U.
There's alot they haven't done that they can.

I really hope Nintendo adds some type of functionality that'll allow for save data copy and transfer. I get paranoid sometimes about my Wii U breaking on me all of a sudden, then I won't be able to play/complete my games with their original save data.

Edited on by KingH3nrry

Miiverse
Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: KingH3nrry