Forums

Topic: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - OT

Posts 201 to 214 of 214

Octane

Just played the first world, it's a great game! I love the visuals.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Kevlar44

andreoni79 wrote:

So, we europeans have to wait another month to play this but the topic it's already dead!
For those americans who achieved a 100% playthrough, how long did it takes and was it challenging enough?

I didn't find it hard but i found it very fun and given the unique gameplay it never felt like i was going through the motions, you're forced to be always thinking and reacting. It wasn't all that long, and i did all the challenges with all the treasure/medals. This is my favourite Kirby game and well worth getting.

Kevlar44

VoodooTrumpet

Played a demo in Target today. I'd probably pick it up if it went on sale on the eShop for around $15

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

Datasun_7

Done both worlds 1 and 2 100%, really love it so far!

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Octane

I just finished the game. I'm at 97% and need two figurines and a music track, but I will say this. It gets really challenging, I'm not even sure I want to get the gold medal for the last 3 worlds, because getting all the stars is almost brutal in some levels. Anyway, it's a great game and a recommendation to anyone who hasn't played it yet!

Octane

Datasun_7

@Octane Definitely agree with you there, very tricky to 100%. Just three or four challenge rooms to go, some of them are really difficult! Much more challenging than you would expect a kirby game to be. At 99% now should be done soon hopefully!

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

jariw

Datasun_7 wrote:

@Octane Definitely agree with you there, very tricky to 100%. Just three or four challenge rooms to go, some of them are really difficult! Much more challenging than you would expect a kirby game to be. At 99% now should be done soon hopefully!

Do the challenge mode count in the %? It doesn't seem so? I now have 98%, with one figurine left to collect and a couple of gold coins missing for some levels (but all music collected) but I have many pages with challenges left to complete.

Also, there seems to be room for 9 boss figurines on the last figurine showcase page? Or have you unlocked 9 on that page?

jariw

Octane

jariw wrote:

Datasun_7 wrote:

Octane Definitely agree with you there, very tricky to 100%. Just three or four challenge rooms to go, some of them are really difficult! Much more challenging than you would expect a kirby game to be. At 99% now should be done soon hopefully!

Do the challenge mode count in the %? It doesn't seem so? I now have 98%, with one figurine left to collect and a couple of gold coins missing for some levels (but all music collected) but I have many pages with challenges left to complete.

Also, there seems to be room for 9 boss figurines on the last figurine showcase page? Or have you unlocked 9 on that page?

Challenge mode doesn't count. Only the figurines, diary pages and music I think. But yeah, the last figurine is obtained by collecting all the gold medals, so it's quite difficult to 100%.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Jordan_SW

I'm a bit late to the party, but I finally got round to buying and completing this game.

I also wrote a review of it: whataboutthegame.com/kirbyrainbow

If you don't fancy reading all 1100 words about it, that's fine. Here's the summation of my thoughts:

I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Sure, it has a few problems and flaws but for what it is, it's a decent game. Not a must have, just a decent addition to your Wii U library.

I'm not sure if I'll go back and try to 100% it or not, because I think the frustration might be a little too much. Maybe in the future?

Jordan_SW

Twitter:

gcunit

I gave up on this after World 3 or 4 and sold it. I really wanted to like this but just found the gameplay monotonous and tedious.

It's a great looking game on terms of overall presentation, but because the camera zooms out a fair way during most of the gameplay, and because you spend all the time looking at the lower res gamepad, they may as well have not bothered with the clay effect because you can't really see it that well.

Another Kirby game that, to me, superficially looks very enticing but can't actually hold my attention.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Kogorn733

This game is so much fun, and truly a unique experience (at least for me, since I never played canvas curse). Was up all night getting through the first couple of worlds. Love the art style too!

Kogorn733

ErrantEmbers

I enjoyed this game but found that it was way too short and easy but then i realized so is every Kirby game. I played it again last night for the first time in 6 months and still enjoyed it a lot. I hope we get a true Kirby game for Wii U before the console's death.

ErrantEmbers

TheCurator

Wow. Guess I’m reviving an old and dead topic. But I bought this one two weeks ago and since then I’m playing it after work every day while family been asleep.

Just finished the 4th World and most of the available challenges with gold medal. So far I can safely say two things: a) Kirby and the Rainbow Curse has charming graphics and style. From the colors of the clay to the music all is well thought. And I don’t mind playing only on the Gamepad. b) The gameplay is too slow and sometimes downright frustrating. I don’t know how many times I have to restart a level to collect all the treasure chests and/or to receive the gold medal for collecting stars. Also the controls are difficult. Lots of time Kirby doesn’t follow the required rainbow path leading to frustration moments especially during challenges. They should’ve put shortcuts so you don’t have to replay a whole level to reach the challenge door.

However I’m satisfied with it and proud to have it in my Wii U game collection. Maybe in the future my little boy will play with this Kirby title too. Also I need to mention that I frankly love so much the Diary and its full of bright colors artistic pages! They give an amazing touch to the whole game as well as the guitar music that accompanies them.

UPDATED:

I 100d percent the game, including all the challenges. Some of them were nearly impossible without watching a walkthrough on YouTube but most were taken from the Main Story mode and placed in the challenges. One thing that nobody seems to mention in the three years since the game was released is the fact that you have unlockable music tracks given away for free from the developers. Instead of buying soundtrack on the iTunes you can have most of the previous Kirby music totally free in high-quality sound form. For me that's an amazing gift. Maybe we are used to small treats like that in the gaming world lately BUT still nonetheless I feel we should offer our compliments to the developers. I just put the music on today and enjoyed doing household chores by listening to it! In general, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is solid platformer/puzzle albeit difficult until you get used to the Stylus controls. In future it'll be considered a hidden game of the Wii U library.

Edited on by TheCurator

Wii U Owner!
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad 14-Inch HD Intel Core 2 Duo 8GB DDR3 248GB SSD OS Windows 10 Pro

SKTTR

It's one of those games no one likes to play with me, even though I have the hardest part, playing as the Paintbrush.

I've completed the first four worlds as well. It's one of those games I go back to from time to time to complete one or two levels. I think what stops me from making more progress are some well-hidden treasure chests. I repeat a stage multiple times until I get frustrated. That's happened twice already, and so I played other games.

You're right, the sound test and the presentation in this game are great.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.