Forums

Topic: King Boo could be added as a playable super smash bros Wii U character as a cloned reskinned Kirby!

Posts 181 to 200 of 204

Blast

I said before that the Mario series in Smash has enough fighters. That's why King Boo shouldn't be in. I'm sure Sakurai could create moves for him if he tried. I still like King Boo and wishes he was in Mario Kart.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CanisWolfred

OdnetninAges wrote:

I love how garbage threads like this get more than 125 posts, but whenever I make a thread asking for help about something, it doesn't get jack s**t.

Because this is fun, while help threads don't require any more than a simple redirect because 99.9% of the time, if someone needs help on the internet, the information is either not available, or it's available on the internet, and that person just didn't put in enough effort to find it...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

OdnetninAges

CanisWolfred wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

I love how garbage threads like this get more than 125 posts, but whenever I make a thread asking for help about something, it doesn't get jack s**t.

Because this is fun, while help threads don't require any more than a simple redirect because 99.9% of the time, if someone needs help on the internet, the information is either not available, or it's available on the internet, and that person just didn't put in enough effort to find it...

I do hope that you are not assuming that I don't put in effort to find the answer I look for when I need help. I have only posted two "can someone please help me" threads on NL when I genuinely couldn't figure out what to do, and searches on Google got me absolutely nowhere.

That said, I don't disagree that there are people who don't put enough effort in, but I guess they just ruin it for people that genuinely don't know what to do and can't find help anywhere, huh?

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

WiiUseeker2

CanisWolfred wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

I love how garbage threads like this get more than 125 posts, but whenever I make a thread asking for help about something, it doesn't get jack s**t.

Because this is fun, while help threads don't require any more than a simple redirect because 99.9% of the time, if someone needs help on the internet, the information is either not available, or it's available on the internet, and that person just didn't put in enough effort to find it...

oh no, not another "just google it trellelel"

Blast wrote:

I said before that the Mario series in Smash has enough fighters. That's why King Boo shouldn't be in. I'm sure Sakurai could create moves for him if he tried. I still like King Boo and wishes he was in Mario Kart.

hmm interesting.

CanisWolfred wrote:

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

Blast wrote:

Mr. Game & Watch says hi. Duck Hunt Dog says hi. King Boo can work, too.

G&W and Duck Hunt both reference their own series, being G&W and the lightgun games. What does that have to do with King Boo, who has no series to reference?

He's actually trying to say that the characters were too simple in their original form in an attempt to counter my "Boo is too simple to be a Smash fighter!" argument. That's only true for Duck Hunt Dog, but they basically slapped a skin on what what could've been a Banjo-Kazooie fighter if Ninty still had the license...but Boo, he doesn't even have legs - that means no kicks, which cuts down on a wide variety of moves. He doesn't usually move fast. His only practical in-game move was turning invisible when you stared at it. Even the Paper Mario's Lady Bow relied heavily on same 3 basic characteristics (Hitting with here [unique] fan, turning invisible/invincible, and screaming), and yet that's likely more than what King Boo could muster...

Boos kicks could be spinning low punches that drag along the ground, since boo's arms at at the sides. boo can move at "floating" walking speed or "floating" running speed same as any other character. boo could turn slightly see through yet still obviously visible as the block/shield. boos scream could be a light knockback windy "woosh" from boos mouth.

Yeah, that's the response I expected. Those all of the attacks I could think of. But I wasn't exaggerating with the 17 moves thing, that is the bare minimum amount of moves any Smash character could have (and most characters usually have a few more than that). There's 6 moves I could think of (dash attack, lick, three punch varients, and a scream. Possibly a 7th if they can somehow make the invisibility thing a counter), but he needs at least 11 more, plus a Final Smash (which could be splitting into a bunch Boos and utilizing them somehow)...and seriously, I've been racking my brain over this. I really don't think there's a lot of possibilities with this character. :/

this is great, we are just random people and we already thought of this much, I'm sure Nintendo would know what to do with the rest.

Not really. We're two random people who couldn't come up with more than 6. In Nintendo's boys who make the big bucks might be able to come up with better ideas, but as a group we should be able to come up with more ideas between us, even if they're stupid ideas...we came up with the same 6 ideas. Like I said they need at least 17 moves, but due to balancing, they need way more possibilities, so they can pick and choose what moves to use. I mean, they might be able to take liberties and work in some more things if need be - look at the pokemon, for example. But usually they base it on basic traits. That's why Boo's lack of appendages is an issue - it limits even his basics. It very well may be a lost cause at this point...

Never give up hope! like I said, boo can easily side swipe a low arm as a kick. we do our best and hope we can get this to Nintendo some how, and we did SOMETHING. we are not lazy and we are not hopeless. don't worry.

OdnetninAges wrote:

I love how garbage threads like this get more than 125 posts, but whenever I make a thread asking for help about something, it doesn't get jack s**t.

hey now, think good thoughts. be the change you want to see in the world (in a good way, with love!) don't feel sad! play some Nintendo Wii U, chill. everything is fine.

WiiUseeker2

skywake

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

why are you smothering me? if you don't like me or my thread you can leave. I haven't broken any rules and I haven't done anything wrong. Have a nice day alright? peace.

Nobody "owns" a thread, you're doing the internet wrong. What happens on a forum is someone creates a topic they'd like to see about a thing that no topic has existed about. Then they no-longer own the topic. The topic is the forum's topic now and the forum can do with it what they want.

You don't need to reply to every, single post in this thread. You don't own it. Infact if anything you replying to everyone, getting worked up when people disagree with you and reviving your threads from their otherwise inevitable death? That's what most people who have been around forums for long enough would consider rude. If you want people to stop being jerks when you say things then perhaps you should consider forum etiquette and realise that everyone else thinks the same of your approach to the forums.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Joeynator3000

...Ugh, @TingLz, seriously, do something. T.T

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

FriedSquid

You do realize that Nintendo, and especially Sakurai, don't listen to a single person's request right? And they certainly aren't watching this thread right now. (but if they are they're rolling) This "don't give up hope, Nintendo has to understand" mentality is just plain silly, they're not gonna do anything cause you or a few people thought it was a good idea.

Look man I understand you want King Boo, all of us have dream characters we think would work. But the game is out. Sakurai is working on Mewtwo and getting tired. We'll be lucky if we see any DLC characters beyond that.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

CanisWolfred

OdnetninAges wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

I love how garbage threads like this get more than 125 posts, but whenever I make a thread asking for help about something, it doesn't get jack s**t.

Because this is fun, while help threads don't require any more than a simple redirect because 99.9% of the time, if someone needs help on the internet, the information is either not available, or it's available on the internet, and that person just didn't put in enough effort to find it...

I do hope that you are not assuming that I don't put in effort to find the answer I look for when I need help. I have only posted two "can someone please help me" threads on NL when I genuinely couldn't figure out what to do, and searches on Google got me absolutely nowhere.

That said, I don't disagree that there are people who don't put enough effort in, but I guess they just ruin it for people that genuinely don't know what to do and can't find help anywhere, huh?

If you can't find the info, and there is info to give, you haven't put in enough effort. If you really did, and still could not get answers, why do you think anyone else would know more? Obviously they got that info somehow if they did. If they didn't, there's nothing to find. There are exceptions, but obviously they wouldn't pertain to a video game forum.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

CaviarMeths

Maybe no mod has been here yet because the title is innocent enough. Without actually clicking on the topic, you may have no idea of the horror and stupidity that lay within.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

I prefer threads like these instead of the once numerous "Nintendo is dead!!!" threads. I see the guy who creates this thread as a passionate Nintendo fan who would love to see a Nintendo character in a Nintendo game. Jeez, give him a freaking break. Don't like thread? Stop reading. Get out the discussion instead of whining. At least be understanding. I haven't made fun of this guy for wanting what he wants.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Joeynator3000

CaviarMeths wrote:

Maybe no mod has been here yet because the title is innocent enough. Without actually clicking on the topic, you may have no idea of the horror and stupidity that lay within.

Lz was just on the Wii U board like, an hour or so ago, since he locked another thread. :/

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

Blast

Sanya wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Maybe no mod has been here yet because the title is innocent enough. Without actually clicking on the topic, you may have no idea of the horror and stupidity that lay within.

Lz was just on the Wii U board like, an hour or so ago, since he locked another thread. :/

Why do you care if this thread gets locked? Aren't you the same person who created a thread dedicated to being a fan of yourself or something? I forget but I remember that it was bizarre.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

BearHunger

It could be that no mod action is actually needed here.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

CanisWolfred

Blast wrote:

Why do you care if this thread gets locked? Aren't you the same person who created a thread dedicated to being a fan of yourself or something? I forget but I remember that it was bizarre.

Ironically it was made to spite him.

And yeah, there's nothing here that goes against the rules as far as I know, other than perhaps WiiUseeker2's constant need to assert the same thing over and over again. But you guys could...you know, hit the report button and walk away from the thread instead of constantly bumping it...WiiUseeker2 can't quote if he has nothing to quote. Just saying. I mean, I've had fun with this thread. Not like there's much else to talk about at the moment, either...hint-hint...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Joeynator3000

CanisWolfred wrote:

Blast wrote:

Why do you care if this thread gets locked? Aren't you the same person who created a thread dedicated to being a fan of yourself or something? I forget but I remember that it was bizarre.

Ironically it was made to spite him.

And yeah, there's nothing here that goes against the rules as far as I know, other than perhaps WiiUseeker2's constant need to assert the same thing over and over again. But you guys could...you know, hit the report button and walk away from the thread instead of constantly bumping it...WiiUseeker2 can't quote if he has nothing to quote. Just saying. I mean, I've had fun with this thread. Not like there's much else to talk about at the moment, either...hint-hint...

Wat?
Anyways it was just a joke thread because someone else made a fan thread and everyone thought it was me.

But this guy is taking this Boo thing too far, acting like it's the most important character in gaming history.

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

MsJubilee

Wow 2 more pages of you guys going back and forth spilling nonsense nice!

I've died,there is no more me.

If it's bitter at the start. Then it's sweeter in the end.

Reading Grappler Baki & The Saga of Tanya the Evil(light novel volume one).

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CanisWolfred

midnafanboy wrote:

Wow 2 more pages of you guys going back and forth spilling nonsense nice!

And this is what, the 7th time you've complained? Why are you even reading this thread if you don't like it so much?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Justlink

CanisWolfred wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Wow 2 more pages of you guys going back and forth spilling nonsense nice!

And this is what, the 7th time you've complained? Why are you even reading this thread if you don't like it so much?

At least the complaints are logical and make sense

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

MsJubilee

CanisWolfred wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Wow 2 more pages of you guys going back and forth spilling nonsense nice!

And this is what, the 7th time you've complained? Why are you even reading this thread if you don't like it so much?

Who said i was complaining in my last two posts i was,but for some reason you added 5 more that doesn't make any sense but that's not the point.I'm saying it's hilarious of the posts you guys make,but like you said "walk away from the thread instead of constantly bumping it."But you keep coming back and blaming it on me a deadman.And now it's 11 pages!Darn!Why me oh god!

Edited on by MsJubilee

I've died,there is no more me.

If it's bitter at the start. Then it's sweeter in the end.

Reading Grappler Baki & The Saga of Tanya the Evil(light novel volume one).

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Top

Sorry, this topic has been locked.