Forums

Topic: King Boo could be added as a playable super smash bros Wii U character as a cloned reskinned Kirby!

Posts 121 to 140 of 202

CanisWolfred

Even if he was an important character (he's not), what's he supposed to do? Boos don't exactly do much, and even King Boo had little-to-no variety in his attacks...he has to be a fun character first and foremost.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Blast

CanisWolfred wrote:

Even if he was an important character (he's not), what's he supposed to do? Boos don't exactly do much, and even King Boo had little-to-no variety in his attacks...he has to be a fun character first and foremost.

Mr. Game & Watch says hi. Duck Hunt Dog says hi. King Boo can work, too.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Jmaster

Blast wrote:

Dark Pit and Dr. Mario should've been costume changes for Pit and Mario just like how the Koopalings are interchangeable for Bowser. Jr. Even Lucina could've been a costume for Marth. A waste of a character slot is a waste of a character slot. They deserve to be in the game in some form, in my opinion. Its no big deal.

I didn't mean it that way. What I'm saying is that their characters are actually similar to their originals in other games. Hell, one of them's the exact same person. That isn't the case for King Boo. And, as @NintendoFan64 said, no characters were cut out because of the clones, but that's off topic.

Edited on by Jmaster

Jmaster

Blast

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

skywake wrote:

Dr Mario has his own game series which is a lot more than King Boo has. Infact looking at it all of the characters in Smash have been either the main playable character in some game or they've been a huge part of the story for a major title. Looking through the list I can't see any character that doesn't fit that description. The closest I can see is Dark Pit but even he was a huge part of Kid Icarus Uprising's story.

Also, the three clones we have actually make sense, as opposed to this guy'd idea.

Dark Pit and Dr. Mario should've been costume changes for Pit and Mario just like how the Koopalings are interchangeable for Bowser. Jr. Even Lucina could've been a costume for Marth. A waste of a character slot is a waste of a character slot. They deserve to be in the game in some form, in my opinion. Its no big deal.

First of all, there are no "character slots". THere is no set number of characters. Second, they WERE going to be alts, but Sakurai and his team decided to make them there own characters because it'd be easier to make a copy of one character than a fully original character. They're basically freebies.

I have nothing against those 3 clones. I'm not upset over them.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Jmaster wrote:

Blast wrote:

I didn't mean it that way. What I'm saying is that their characters are actually similar to their originals in other games. Hell, one of them's the exact same person. That isn't the case for King Boo. And, as @NintendoFan64 said, no characters were cut out because of the clones, but that's off topic.

I understand

Master of the Hype Train

CanisWolfred

Blast wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Mr. Game & Watch did plenty of things. Have you not played the Game & Watch collections on the Game Boy? There was a ton to work with there. And Duck Hunt Dog is just an obvious Banjo-Kazooie Homage. Got any ideas as to what a Boo could actually do? Because I'm still completely at a loss. We're talking about characters that should have at least 17 moves here...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jmaster

Blast wrote:

G&W and Duck Hunt both reference their own series, being G&W and the lightgun games. What does that have to do with King Boo, who has no series to reference?

Jmaster

CanisWolfred

Jmaster wrote:

Blast wrote:

G&W and Duck Hunt both reference their own series, being G&W and the lightgun games. What does that have to do with King Boo, who has no series to reference?

He's actually trying to say that the characters were too simple in their original form in an attempt to counter my "Boo is too simple to be a Smash fighter!" argument. That's only true for Duck Hunt Dog, but they basically slapped a skin on what what could've been a Banjo-Kazooie fighter if Ninty still had the license...but Boo, he doesn't even have legs - that means no kicks, which cuts down on a wide variety of moves. He doesn't usually move fast. His only practical in-game move was turning invisible when you stared at it. Even the Paper Mario's Lady Bow relied heavily on same 3 basic characteristics (Hitting with here [unique] fan, turning invisible/invincible, and screaming), and yet that's likely more than what King Boo could muster...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

I_Am_Kappa

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

bro2dragons wrote:

I will buy HUNDREDS of King Boo amiibo just so no one else can have them.

dude WHY?

justlink wrote:

I think we should also include toon Zelda using donkey kongs moves! Just a basic reskin!

u wot m8. It would be cool if you could make a fully custom character though. any character, any voice, using any moves... would be better than a mii.

Jahir wrote:

You know, we should have King Boo in every Nintendo game

I would love to see more appearances, but he doesn't have to be a playable character in every single one!

64supermario wrote:

I'm having the weirdest case of deja vu (deja mustard).

never heard that one before! ...or did I...

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Dude, King Boo, or any Boo, for that matter, is never going to be in Smash Bros., and the idea of him being a clone of Kirby makes even less sense than Ganondorf being a clone of Captain Falcon, and I don't even think we're getting anymore DLC for Mario Kart 8. He could come back in the next Mario Kart, but seriously, you're going to have to get the idea of him being in mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. out of your head.

NO!

Sanya wrote:

...Are you trying to take over the first page or something?

no, I just have alot to talk about.

Iggly wrote:

That's a pretty weird idea you got there since you're implying King Boo should have Kirby's copy ability.

I wouldn't mind really, I guess they could replace it with something, like boo could make a scary noise and make wind blow OUT of his mouth.

Inkling wrote:

Why do you seem to love King Boo so much, dude?

I don't know, boo is adorable and scary and cool. I just like boo.

eyyyyyyy lmao

I_Am_Kappa

skywake

Blast wrote:

King Boo was in Luigi's Dark Moon and I think... even Mario Sunshine. I prefer King Boo over Pink Gold Peach, Tanooki Mario, etc. King Boo was in the amazing Mario Kart: Double Dash. Give him a break.

We're not even talking about the Mario Kart characters, I'd personally have nothing against putting King Boo in Mario Kart at all. Infact there are quite a lot of characters that I'd be happy to see in Mario Kart that have no place in Smash Bros. You don't have to have options for attacks to be in Mario Kart, you don't have to even be particularly noteworthy. Excluding the DLC characters all that matters for Mario Kart is that the character has some sort of connection to the Mario universe. That's it. Smash is different.

Blast wrote:

See that's the thing. Those two characters are representative of an entire series of games that otherwise isn't represented in Smash. King Boo would be yet another "Mario Universe" character that would sit alongside Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser Jr and Dr Mario. In short there are enough Mario characters already and they are ALL more interesting. And I mean interesting both in the sense that they have more of a fanbase AND in the sense that they have more moves to draw from.

And that's the second bit. When you bring up characters like Game & Watch and Duck Hunt Dog? Those characters have some of the most interesting movesets in the whole game. Duck Hunt Dog in particular is probably the most unique character in the entire game. King Boo? I honestly can't think of an interesting moveset for him. He's yet another Mario Universe character that's not interesting. So why?

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

WiiUseeker2

TheLilK98 wrote:

Just basing this off of reading the first page but...OP, you aren't very good with sarcasm, are you?

I don't think I ever intentionally used sarcasm, I may not recall... its not my favorite thing.

WiiUseeker2

WiiUseeker2

Blast wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

skywake wrote:

Dr Mario has his own game series which is a lot more than King Boo has. Infact looking at it all of the characters in Smash have been either the main playable character in some game or they've been a huge part of the story for a major title. Looking through the list I can't see any character that doesn't fit that description. The closest I can see is Dark Pit but even he was a huge part of Kid Icarus Uprising's story.

Also, the three clones we have actually make sense, as opposed to this guy'd idea.

BEST COMMENT AWARD hug

WiiUseeker2

WiiUseeker2

Blast wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

The heros of Booooooo!!!

WiiUseeker2

WiiUseeker2

CanisWolfred wrote:

Blast wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Mr. Game & Watch did plenty of things. Have you not played the Game & Watch collections on the Game Boy? There was a ton to work with there. And Duck Hunt Dog is just an obvious Banjo-Kazooie Homage. Got any ideas as to what a Boo could actually do? Because I'm still completely at a loss. We're talking about characters that should have at least 17 moves here...

Don't be afraid to have an imagination.

WiiUseeker2

WiiUseeker2

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

Blast wrote:

He's actually trying to say that the characters were too simple in their original form in an attempt to counter my "Boo is too simple to be a Smash fighter!" argument. That's only true for Duck Hunt Dog, but they basically slapped a skin on what what could've been a Banjo-Kazooie fighter if Ninty still had the license...but Boo, he doesn't even have legs - that means no kicks, which cuts down on a wide variety of moves. He doesn't usually move fast. His only practical in-game move was turning invisible when you stared at it. Even the Paper Mario's Lady Bow relied heavily on same 3 basic characteristics (Hitting with here [unique] fan, turning invisible/invincible, and screaming), and yet that's likely more than what King Boo could muster...

Boos kicks could be spinning low punches that drag along the ground, since boo's arms at at the sides. boo can move at "floating" walking speed or "floating" running speed same as any other character. boo could turn slightly see through yet still obviously visible as the block/shield. boos scream could be a light knockback windy "woosh" from boos mouth.

WiiUseeker2

AlliMeadow

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

Boo is a minor character.

I disagree.

Yeah, I could disagree with 2 + 2 = 4, doesn't make it less true. Boo is in every meaning of the word a minor character. That is in no way demeaning. It still is so.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

GrizzlyArctos

If ANY Mario enemy were to be in Smash solely based on their influence, Goomba and Koopa deserve that spot way more than Boo. Not saying they should be, but they're the more noteable enemies.

Yes, I like bears.

TeeJay

This thread is still going?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Joeynator3000

>_>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.