Wii U Forum

Topic: Kind of afraid my money was wasted.

Showing 1 to 20 of 81

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AceTrainerAndy

1. Posted:

Hey Nintendo fans! My name is Andy! I got a Wii-U in early December, and so far, I am loving it. I love the updated capabilities! But, as you can tell by the title I am kind of worried about something. So, I am an extreme Nintendo fan! I refuse to buy a PS3 or Xbox360 even to this day. So last generation NIntendo fans got ripped off. We didn't get any of the major blackbuster like: BF3, Far Cry 3, etc you guys know what I mean. We didn't get them because the Wii's graphical capabilities was not enough, and it would cost too much to develop a separate game for Wii players. I bought my Wii-U so I could play high end multiplayer games on a NINTENDO console. Now, Sony is more than likely announcing the PS4 in 2 weeks and inside sources have said that it is in a "new league". I am afraid I spent 400 dollars on a brick again. I know we are going to get a large assortment of AMAZING first party titles, but I want to play big third part games like Battlefield 4, Far Cry 4 etc. I am afraid we are going to get skipped again like last gen. I know it will take a while for the PS4 and 720 to catch on because it will have the price of a used car, but when it does I am afraid we are going to be left in the dust. Thoughts and opinions?

Nintendo id: AceTrainerAndy add me to play Black Ops2.
3DS FC: 1005-8521-5508

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

2. Posted:

If we do, you should be able to get the money for one of those consoles soon enough.

That's my stance. Mine is pessimistic though. I'd still want a Wii U for A. First-party games and B. The creative minds who work there out of love

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

3. Posted:

If it makes you feel any better. Battlefield 4 was confirmed for Wii U.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

4. Posted:

If Battlefield is the first worthwhile big release you can think of for modern games, I have a feeling you won't miss much.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AceTrainerAndy

5. Posted:

In general I was talking about big Blockbuster titles like Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution. Skyrim etc.

Nintendo id: AceTrainerAndy add me to play Black Ops2.
3DS FC: 1005-8521-5508

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lan

6. Posted:

Buy a PC? It'll perform better than the PS4 or 720 for less money. Plus PC games are always on sale.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shrapmo

7. Posted:

... This pizza is pretty friggin good?

Here is a new petition to get Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence on the Wii U!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-for-the-nintendo-wii-u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

8. Posted:

Lan wrote:

Buy a PC? It'll perform better than the PS4 or 720 for less money. Plus PC games are always on sale.

Less money? A good gaming PC costs more then a PS4/720. Unless you build it yourself that is.

There's also missed exclusives, friends with consoles, other problems.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuardianKing

9. Posted:

The reason why games couldn't be ported to the Wii was because it wasn't HD (and all that other technological crap). Now that the Wii U is at least on-par (let's face it; graphics aren't really going to get that much better) with the other consoles, ports can be done.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mk_II

10. Posted:

You buy a Nintendo consoles for the Nintendo games. I thought everyone knew that by now. And the next Playstation and XBox probably wont be the 4K Ultra HD monsters some folks are expecting. The market isnt there for a 800$ console with 100$ games.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lan

11. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

Lan wrote:

Buy a PC? It'll perform better than the PS4 or 720 for less money. Plus PC games are always on sale.

Less money? A good gaming PC costs more then a PS4/720. Unless you build it yourself that is.

There's also missed exclusives, friends with consoles, other problems.

If you go out and buy a pre-built gaming PC, there's something wrong with you. I built mine for about $400, including the OS, and it'll blows consoles out of the water.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

12. Posted:

Mk_II wrote:

And the next Playstation and XBox probably wont be the 4K Ultra HD monsters some folks are expecting. The market isnt there for a 800$ console with 100$ games.

My thoughts exactly

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

alandd

13. Posted:

Kind of agree with the OP..I am seriously in need of new titles.

alandd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

14. Posted:

I don't see Far Cry 3 or Skyrim coming to the Wii U anytime...er, I mean...at all.

If you want to play those specific titles, I don't really see why they would reach back in time and bring them to the Wii U suddenly. Sure, they did Arkham City, Black Ops 2, Darksiders 2, Mass Effect, and Assassin's Creed for launch. But I just haven't heard anything about Far Cry or Skyrim being ported over. I guess it always could happen.

Moving ahead, though, I do think we have a fair shot at seeing some of those big third-party titles on the Wii U. They might not take advantage of the gamepad and may be quick and dirty ports, but I do think we will be seeing stuff like Battlefield 4.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dartmonkey

15. Posted:

Granted, we haven't seen loads of next-gen stuff, but what I have seen is difficult to separate from current-gen. That'll improve a year or two into the cycle, but from a visual standpoint there's a big plateau approaching.
Whatever the outcome, you don't have a $400 'brick'. The Wii U's a lovely bit of kit and Nintendo won't be putting games on anything else under your TV. If you're an EXTREME Nintendo fan you'd have got it in the end regardless, no? And being an 'extreme' fan doesn't mean you're cheating on the big N by buying another console.

Sticky fingers and glossy pads mix only too well

www.dartmonkey.com

Twitter: dartmonkey

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

16. Posted:

Lan wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

Lan wrote:

Buy a PC? It'll perform better than the PS4 or 720 for less money. Plus PC games are always on sale.

Less money? A good gaming PC costs more then a PS4/720. Unless you build it yourself that is.

There's also missed exclusives, friends with consoles, other problems.

If you go out and buy a pre-built gaming PC, there's something wrong with you. I built mine for about $400, including the OS, and it'll blows consoles out of the water.

You have to keep in mind that's a giant pain in the ass for people that aren't super tech savvy.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkLloyd

17. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

Lan wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

Lan wrote:

Buy a PC? It'll perform better than the PS4 or 720 for less money. Plus PC games are always on sale.

Less money? A good gaming PC costs more then a PS4/720. Unless you build it yourself that is.

There's also missed exclusives, friends with consoles, other problems.

If you go out and buy a pre-built gaming PC, there's something wrong with you. I built mine for about $400, including the OS, and it'll blows consoles out of the water.

You have to keep in mind that's a giant pain in the ass for people that aren't super tech savvy.

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Zach

18. Posted:

You're allowed to buy more than one console... brand loyalty doesn't make sense for any type of product, game consoles included. I love my Wii and my PS3.

Zach

Twitter: zachkaplan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

19. Posted:

Well I buy my Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, and the reason I don't have a PlayStation or Xbox is that I have a PC instead. It's not about brand loyalty - it's about buying the product that's right for you.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

20. Posted:

DarkLloyd wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

Lan wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

Lan wrote:

Buy a PC? It'll perform better than the PS4 or 720 for less money. Plus PC games are always on sale.

Less money? A good gaming PC costs more then a PS4/720. Unless you build it yourself that is.

There's also missed exclusives, friends with consoles, other problems.

If you go out and buy a pre-built gaming PC, there's something wrong with you. I built mine for about $400, including the OS, and it'll blows consoles out of the water.

You have to keep in mind that's a giant pain in the ass for people that aren't super tech savvy.

Under the assumption both of you are grown people, I know several teenage boys who built their own PC, many who aren't tech-savvy/are complete idiots

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.