Wii U Forum

Topic: Just got to get something off my chest...

Showing 81 to 100 of 198

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Scollurio

81. Posted:

MrSRArter wrote:

Not trying to sound rude, but I don't read walls of text.

Not wanting to sound rude but it makes you look disinterested tbh.

No regrets.

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0104-5998

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

82. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Over 60% of devs say Wii U is hardest to develop for.

Hey look, and those are actual numbers. You should fit those into your arguments sometime.

It doesn't matter though. That survey, if to be believed, still doesn't give any indication that Wii U is weaker at all.
If it's easier to develop a game for any console besides Wii U, what does that REALLY tell you?
For all we know, 3rd parties will be able to port any PS4 game with no problems.
The difference is building a game from scratch, vs. a port on a said console.

The Wii U's architecture is different, but that doesn't necessarily mean weaker or stronger than anything.
The difference is also how you build the games. It's the same thing that happened PS3.
It was more powerful, but no one knew how to use it, so it didn't effect anything.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

83. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Over 60% of devs say Wii U is hardest to develop for.

Hey look, and those are actual numbers. You should fit those into your arguments sometime.

It doesn't matter though. That survey, if to be believed, still doesn't give any indication that Wii U is weaker at all.
If it's easier to develop a game for any console besides Wii U, what does that REALLY tell you?
For all we know, 3rd parties will be able to port any PS4 game with no problems.
The difference is building a game from scratch, vs. a port on a said console.

The Wii U's architecture is different, but that doesn't necessarily mean weaker or stronger than anything.
The difference is also how you build the games. It's the same thing that happened PS3.
It was more powerful, but no one knew how to use it, so it didn't effect anything.

You're kidding me. We know the specs of the console. We factually know what the hardware is inside each console, and we know for a fact the Wii U is seriously weaker. Go look it up.

I provide a definitive source of devs saying the Wii U is hard to develop for, devs that have kits for the other consoles, and you just dismiss it like its nothing. Even this site has acknowledged the fact not enough third party devs want to make Wii U games. There's seemingly nothing anyone could tell you to make you see the light.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

84. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

There's seemingly nothing anyone could tell you to make you see the light.

Pretty much.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

85. Posted:

@AlexSays
Once again, you don't understand the specs. The GPU is arguably more complex in the Wii U than any other console.
That can exponential improve the performance of the CPU. without relying only on the CPU. The RAM is already 4 times more able than Xbox 360 or PS3, BTW.
I understand that the Wii U is hard to develop for, but the reasons why do not exist.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

86. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@AlexSays
Once again, you don't understand the specs. The GPU is arguably more complex in the Wii U than any other console.
That can exponential improve the performance of the CPU. without relying only on the CPU. The RAM is already 4 times more able than Xbox 360 or PS3, BTW.
I understand that the Wii U is hard to develop for, but the reasons why do not exist.

Yes, I don't understand the specs. Neither do the developers that produce games, apparently.

Perhaps you should meet with some developers and explain to them how this whole thing works. They seem to be confused as well.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

87. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I understand that the Wii U is hard to develop for, but the reasons why do not exist.

What?

When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

88. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I understand that the Wii U is hard to develop for, but the reasons why do not exist.

What?

Scar's mentality-
Untitled

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

89. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I understand that the Wii U is hard to develop for, but the reasons why do not exist.

What?

Its simple, 2GB DDR3 > 8GB DDR5 and 8GB DDR3. You just don't understand, bro.

I'm guessing that 8 gb hard drive can also magically store more info than the 500 gb hard drives, SCAR?

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

90. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Aviator wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I understand that the Wii U is hard to develop for, but the reasons why do not exist.

What?

Its simple, 2GB DDR3 > 8GB DDR5 and 8GB DDR3. You just don't understand, bro.

I'm guessing that 8 gb hard drive can also magically store more info than the 500 gb hard drives, SCAR?

First of all, PS4 doesn't entirely consist of only GDDR5 RAM. If it did, it would cost more than a grand to sell each console. Secondly, it all depends on how it's applied.
Only one of those factors mean anything. Technically, you COULD compress 500GB worth of files into 8GB. The results are inconclusive, until you actually try it.
Besides that, Wii U gives an ext. HDD option. Why is buying your own HDD so hard of an idea to grasp? Ext. HDDs are like 3 aisles over at Best Buy.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

91. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Besides that, Wii U gives an ext. HDD option. Why is buying your own HDD so hard of an idea to grasp? Ext. HDDs are like 3 aisles over at Best Buy.

Because after buying a Wii U and an External HD with 500 GB, I could've saved money by buying a PS4?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

92. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Besides that, Wii U gives an ext. HDD option. Why is buying your own HDD so hard of an idea to grasp? Ext. HDDs are like 3 aisles over at Best Buy.

Because after buying a Wii U and an External HD with 500 GB, I could've saved money by buying a PS4?

Not really, If you got the 8GB system at $300 and even upgraded to a 2TB external HD for about $90 you still save $10 compared to just getting a PS4. But I see and understand your point.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

93. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Besides that, Wii U gives an ext. HDD option. Why is buying your own HDD so hard of an idea to grasp? Ext. HDDs are like 3 aisles over at Best Buy.

Because after buying a Wii U and an External HD with 500 GB, I could've saved money by buying a PS4?

How do you know? There is no proof Wii U is stronger than last gen consoles, or weaker than next gen consoles.
That means no other console like it has ever existed prior, and no upcoming console is like it either. The Wii U is unique within the boundaries of this console timeframe which consists of end of last generation and the beginning of the next.
It would be like saying you're going to throw away your HDTV TV as soon as you upgrade to 4K. That would be wasteful.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

94. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

First of all, PS4 doesn't entirely consist of only GDDR5 RAM. If it did, it would cost more than a grand to sell each console. Secondly, it all depends on how it's applied.
Only one of those factors mean anything. Technically, you COULD compress 500GB worth of files into 8GB. The results are inconclusive, until you actually try it.

Untitled

You are really incapable of admitting any console can do something than better than the Wii U, aren't you? Despite everything ever developer has said to this point, somehow you of all people know the truth. Please show me one developer that has said the Wii U is comparable to the other systems.

The actual hardware specs are available. Yet you stare all facts in the face and claim everything is wrong. Very odd cookie you are.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

95. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Besides that, Wii U gives an ext. HDD option. Why is buying your own HDD so hard of an idea to grasp? Ext. HDDs are like 3 aisles over at Best Buy.

Because after buying a Wii U and an External HD with 500 GB, I could've saved money by buying a PS4?

Not really, If you got the 8GB system at $300 and even upgraded to a 2TB external HD for about $90 you still save $10 compared to just getting a PS4. But I see and understand your point.

Don't forget taxes. Unless you buy online at some sites. And if that way then there may be shipping.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

96. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Besides that, Wii U gives an ext. HDD option. Why is buying your own HDD so hard of an idea to grasp? Ext. HDDs are like 3 aisles over at Best Buy.

Because after buying a Wii U and an External HD with 500 GB, I could've saved money by buying a PS4?

How do you know? There is no proof Wii U is stronger than last gen consoles, or weaker than next gen consoles.
That means no other console like it has ever existed prior, and no upcoming console is like it either. The Wii U is unique within the boundaries of this console timeframe which consists of end of last generation and the beginning of the next.
It would be like saying you're going to throw away your HDTV TV as soon as you upgrade to 4K. That would be wasteful.

I know this is going nowhere.. but the fact that X1 and PS4 games looked much better than current Wii U games means nothing, right?

This is completely overlooking the fact that no developer actually agrees with you.. you know.. the people that actually make games. And at 21 you seem a bit young to have already graduated in software engineering and be in the industry.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

97. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Besides that, Wii U gives an ext. HDD option. Why is buying your own HDD so hard of an idea to grasp? Ext. HDDs are like 3 aisles over at Best Buy.

Because after buying a Wii U and an External HD with 500 GB, I could've saved money by buying a PS4?

How do you know? There is no proof Wii U is stronger than last gen consoles, or weaker than next gen consoles.
That means no other console like it has ever existed prior, and no upcoming console is like it either. The Wii U is unique within the boundaries of this console timeframe which consists of end of last generation and the beginning of the next.
It would be like saying you're going to throw away your HDTV TV as soon as you upgrade to 4K. That would be wasteful.

I know this is going nowhere.. but the fact that X1 and PS4 games looked much better than current Wii U games means nothing, right?

This is completely overlooking the fact that no developer actually agrees with you.. you know.. the people that actually make games. And at 21 you seem a bit young to have already graduated in software engineering and be in the industry.

I looked at your specs, and alot of those features the Wii U says no to, are possible by applying Miiverse, or upgrading the firmware. All the features Nintendo says no to are software related in comparison to X1 and PS4.

BTW, my brother is going to college for software development. Not only can I think for myself, but I see what is possible in the industry everyday. That includes this site, and speculation regarding all of it.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

98. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

I know this is going nowhere.. but the fact that X1 and PS4 games looked much better than current Wii U games means nothing, right?

This is completely overlooking the fact that no developer actually agrees with you.. you know.. the people that actually make games. And at 21 you seem a bit young to have already graduated in software engineering and be in the industry.

Well to be fair, I got into the Game Industry when I was 22, about a year ago. but yes Xbone and PS4 Titles graphically look a lot better than Wii U. Nintendo has never really focused on having the most powerful system on the market. I don't think the Wii U is as hard to develop for as the Ign article says or else how have indies been supporting it? But it is different than what people are use to and without a huge power increase or a big install base many see learning Wii U development as a waste of time.

Edited on by DefHalan

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

99. Posted:

SCAR wrote:

.

All of the specs can be changed my a firmware update? Ok I'm done here.

come on now, that's making it a bit personal — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

100. Posted:

@DefHalan Indies don't have to release big budget games on a yearly basis. They don't have to have hundreds of Staff learn the ins and outs of it, just a dozen or so at most.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

Sorry, this topic has been locked.