Wii U Forum

Topic: Just got to get something off my chest...

Showing 161 to 180 of 198

AuthorMessage

PokeTune

161. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

Yeah...well heres the thing...

1. PS4 and XBOX ONE are moth substantially more powerful than Wii U and that's what devs care about.
2.While you have to pay for online on PS4/ONE, they both offer a MUCH better online system than Nintendo's 2005-esque online
3.Sure, games are coming but if those don't start raking in the sales. Then what?
4. The price of a PS4 is $50 more than Wii U and provides much better graphics,online and 3rd party support

So, yeah people have a right to complain about both Nintendo and Wii U. Nintendo deserves this criticism otherwise they'll think nothing is wrong and keep on going in this "direction".

There is no reason to be complaining about Nintendo and Wii U, though. If you don't like how they handle things, just go get a PS4 or Xbox One.
Believe or not, plenty of people are fine with Nintendo's approach, so there's no reason troll.
It all comes down to 'leaving Nintendo behind' and 'moving on' to 'better' platforms.

Alot of the supposed constructive criticism regarding Wii U and it's fans, isn't necessary or wanted. Nintendo is a company that has been in the gaming business for the longest ammount of time.
If you don't think they have any idea what they're doing, then I hope you know what that means.

So you would prefer having a weaker console and little to no 3rd party support? Okay...if that's what you want. Also despite the fact that Nintendo is a gaming company that's been around for so long they make so many obvious screw ups and refuse to see GOOD market trends and ignore them further distancing themselves from 3rd parties and the rest of the gaming market.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SRankSaturdays/feed
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

"That's my catchphrase." - Spike the Dragon

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Halo:Master Chief Collection
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Smash Bros.Wii U & 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles X

AuthorMessage

Hopper2004

162. Posted:

PokeTune wrote:

Also despite the fact that Nintendo is a gaming company that's been around for so long they make so many obvious screw ups and refuse to see GOOD market trends and ignore them further distancing themselves from 3rd parties and the rest of the gaming market.

Well...
Every company always makes obvious screw ups.

Hopper2004

Twitter: Hopper200456

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

163. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

No Need to be safe, The PS3 has been profitable since 2010 according to Sony themselves.

Let's not forget they cut other OS and PS2 BC for the slim.

Which made it more profitable. And Nintendo cut Gamecube support from the Wii to make that even more profitable than it already was, because money. Though I'doubt they'll be able to cut Wii support from the Wii U since so many games rely on the Wiimotes for multiplayer, so they can't save themselves there.

Ya, but all it takes to get Wii games running on Wii U is the OS.
There isn't any extra hardware involved in getting a Wii game to run.
Sony's BC won't work on PS3 and PS4 claim is void. All Sony had to do was incorporate BC into thier consoles using the OS, and it would have worked.

They got PSP games running on the Vita. If PSP games would have been UMD only, that would have given more reason to own both, or add a UMD drive in the Vita. My point is, is that Sony doesn't know crap when it comes to managing their consoles.
Taking away features, or giving a lazy answer to why some don't exist is Sony's first resort.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

PokeTune

164. Posted:

Hopper2004 wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

Also despite the fact that Nintendo is a gaming company that's been around for so long they make so many obvious screw ups and refuse to see GOOD market trends and ignore them further distancing themselves from 3rd parties and the rest of the gaming market.

Well...
Every company always makes obvious screw ups.

That is definitely true but it seems like even the most obvious or simplest things prove great challenge for Nintendo sometimes...

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Smash Bros.Wii U & 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles X

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

165. Posted:

PokeTune wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

1. PS4 and XBOX ONE are moth substantially more powerful than Wii U and that's what devs care about.
2.While you have to pay for online on PS4/ONE, they both offer a MUCH better online system than Nintendo's 2005-esque online
3.Sure, games are coming but if those don't start raking in the sales. Then what?
4. The price of a PS4 is $50 more than Wii U and provides much better graphics,online and 3rd party support

So, yeah people have a right to complain about both Nintendo and Wii U. Nintendo deserves this criticism otherwise they'll think nothing is wrong and keep on going in this "direction".

There is no reason to be complaining about Nintendo and Wii U, though. If you don't like how they handle things, just go get a PS4 or Xbox One.
Believe or not, plenty of people are fine with Nintendo's approach, so there's no reason troll.
It all comes down to 'leaving Nintendo behind' and 'moving on' to 'better' platforms.

Alot of the supposed constructive criticism regarding Wii U and it's fans, isn't necessary or wanted. Nintendo is a company that has been in the gaming business for the longest ammount of time.
If you don't think they have any idea what they're doing, then I hope you know what that means.

So you would prefer having a weaker console and little to no 3rd party support? Okay...if that's what you want. Also despite the fact that Nintendo is a gaming company that's been around for so long they make so many obvious screw ups and refuse to see GOOD market trends and ignore them further distancing themselves from 3rd parties and the rest of the gaming market.

That's the exact point I was trying to not make. 3rd party games not being on Wii U is the 3rd parties fault. Not Nintendo.
If 3rd parties don't put games out onthe Wii U, it's going to make them look like trash. EA has already messed up the FIFA 13 and Madden games. No one gives a crap about EA based of their past couple years of products.
The specs don't even matter. ← READ

Wii U will be fine, and it's obvious that anyone that thinks otherwise has already decided to go PS4. DONE.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

166. Posted:

PokeTune wrote:

SCAR wrote:

Untitled

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

PokeTune

167. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

That's the exact point I was trying to not make. 3rd party games not being on Wii U is the 3rd parties fault. Not Nintendo.
If 3rd parties don't put games out onthe Wii U, it's going to make them look like trash. EA has already messed up the FIFA 13 and Madden games. No one gives a crap about EA based of their past couple years of products.

Wii U will be fine, and it's obvious that anyone that thinks otherwise has already decided to go PS4. DONE.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. There is no guarantee the Wii U will be "just fine"(even though eventually I think it will be a decent console to own).

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Smash Bros.Wii U & 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles X

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

168. Posted:

@Poke_Tune
I could say the same thing about PS4.
Don't count your eggs before they hatch, right back at you.
There is no guarantee any of the consoles will be 'ok'.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

PokeTune

169. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Poke_Tune

I never said they would either. No console can guarantee perfect sales.

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Smash Bros.Wii U & 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles X

AuthorMessage

Hopper2004

170. Posted:

I have to agree with SCAR, here. I think the Wii U will be fine, even though it can worry me at times. In the end, honest, we assume that things will fail. But in 4-6 years Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft will be announcing new console, just like always.

Edited on by Hopper2004

Hopper2004

AuthorMessage

Varia01

171. Posted:

Hopper2004 wrote:

I want all three of those games(Monster Hunter, Dark Moon, and Trine), heh. Especially Monster Hunter.

@Varia01, Whats it like? :O

Iron Man 3? It is pretty fun. It is partially similar to Temple Run. Tilt the device, collect coins and power-ups, endless flying, but there's much more unique features: Blasting enemies, a variety of armors to unlock, daily bosses, it's all good. I like it a lot. ;)

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

172. Posted:

PokeTune wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Poke_Tune

Exactly, which is why arguing that PS4 is a superior machine has no relevance.
Just remember that people aren't as misguided as you think. I've seen PS4, and what they're doing with it, and it's just not what I'm interested in comparison to Nintendo.

I hope you have fun with PS4, because I'm gonna be playing Wii U. /Thread

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Hopper2004

173. Posted:

Varia01 wrote:

Iron Man 3? It is pretty fun. It is partially similar to Temple Run. Tilt the device, collect coins and power-ups, endless flying, but there's much more unique features: Blasting enemies, a variety of armors to unlock, daily bosses, it's all good. I like it a lot. ;)

Huh! Nifty! I've always like the whole "daily challenges" thing games have been doing recently. Especially the Rayman Challenges App.

Hopper2004

AuthorMessage

mamp

174. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

So they should be worried more about looking good in front of the consumers (well the Nintendo consumers because I doubt the rest will care) instead of making money?

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

Hopper2004

175. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Just remember that people aren't as misguided as you think. I've seen PS4, and what they're doing with it, and it's just not what I'm interested in comparison to Nintendo.

^-This. This is something that I have to bring up.

If you want to play PS4. Great. Enjoy yourself. If you like Mircosoft better, congratulations. Have fun. If you like to play a bit of everything, even better. And if you don't like a console/game, just use these easy steps:

1. Think of the reason(s) why you dislike the console(s)
2. Keep 'em to yourself, 'cause no one really cares.

Edited on by Hopper2004

Hopper2004

AuthorMessage

PokeTune

176. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Poke_Tune

I don't see why you have to add that last part. I'll be enjoying a Wii U eventually as well.

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Smash Bros.Wii U & 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles X

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

177. Posted:

@mamp
Maybe. It's already confirmed Nintendo was the most successful last gen.
Sony is the one that laid down 2 generations in a row. Not Nintendo. Selling PS3 at a loss, and now selling PS4 at an obvious loss. BTW, Vita is getting its s*** rocked against 3DS.

Nintendo has the money from success, and the superior gaming smarts in comparison to Sony, to make a comeback that will kill PS once and for all. BTW, I'm being dramatic, but this 'specs' and more games BS in favor of the PS4 that was born from Nintendo themselves to begin with has gotten WAY out of hand.

No one even brings up Xbox One, because anyone that gives 2 hoots about gaming knows that the true fight has always been between only PS and Nintendo.

The Wii U doom and gloom has got to stop.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

178. Posted:

Hopper2004 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

^-This. This is something that I have to bring up.

If you want to play PS4. Great. Enjoy yourself. If you like Mircosoft better, congratulations. Have fun. If you like to play a bit of everything, even better. And if you don't like a console/game, just use these easy steps:

1. Think of the reason(s) why you dislike the console(s)
2. Keep 'em to yourself, 'cause no one really cares.

Thankfully the people that run this forum don't feel the same...

When you take over the site though, you can make it mandatory that people must only say good things about Nintendo, even if it means ignoring blatant facts and fabricating misinformation.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

179. Posted:

Wii U is flawed. Fact. Every console has positives and negatives. Fact. Different people can find equal satisfaction with each console. Fact.

The fortune telling on how the business side will shake out is pointless.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

180. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

Wii U is flawed. Fact. Every console has positives and negatives. Fact. Different people can find equal satisfaction with each console. Fact.

The fortune telling on how the business side will shake out is pointless.

Are you saying that it's ok for Apple to release nearly identical products every year, and claim that it's the best thing yet? That gets old, FAST.
PS4 is flawed. Fact. Paid online for PS4 when it didn't exist on prior consoles. Fact.
Sony doing horribly as a company. Fact.

You guys are right, none of those facts mean anything. /sarcasm

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

Sorry, this topic has been locked.