Wii U Forum

Topic: Just got to get something off my chest...

Showing 141 to 160 of 198

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

141. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Nintendo not having a powerful enough console spells doom to alot of people, but it's not true. I was arguing that stance.

No you weren't. You were directly talking about me.

SCAR392 wrote:

Alright, whatever.
Go about your Wii U is doomed discussion as usual.

Ok, so that's settled. Next:

I did have proof Sony can't continue down the path they have for many years. Their change of direction WILL effect how they handle their PS brand.

Your 'proof' was a link from 2009 saying that Sony wishes it had more profits. You then admitted the PS brand has been profitable up to this point. Where in there is proof that Sony will undoubtedly collapse in on itself and fail?

You need to read. I wasn't talking about you, and I never said PS was profitable. I said they broke even, while Nintendo was being profitable.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Hopper2004

142. Posted:

What have I spawned...?

But seriously. Console Specs mean less then squat if they don't have good games, or don't utilize the specs well. For example, the Atari Jaguar. ("What's better? 16-bit, 32-bit, or 64-bit? You do the math.")

And both PS4 and Wii U are going to have amazing games.

Edited on by Hopper2004

Hopper2004

Twitter: Hopper200456

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

143. Posted:

Hopper2004 wrote:

What have I spawned...?

It isn't your fault buddy. The internet is just good at being stupid.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

144. Posted:

I checked, and the PS3 Broke even in 2009. Production costs have since gone down with the PS3 Super Slim. I think it's safe to say the PS3 is profitable now.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

145. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

You need to read. I wasn't talking about you, and I never said PS was profitable. I said they broke even, while Nintendo was being profitable.

You said 'your' in a post where I was quoted. lol. Who were you talking to, the other AlexSays that posts here? 'Your' is a possessive word.

Also, they broke even, but they have made no money? They're DIRECTLY at even? That is incredible.

SCAR392 wrote:

Bill Gates has stated that they haven't made any money on Xbox 360, nor do they care.
Sony hasn't made that much either, but they want money.

So you're taking this back now. They still haven't made money.. If this is such widespread knowledge, why can't you produce a link saying the PS brand is right at even?

You had to have gotten this knowledge from somewhere. Where did it physically come from?

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

146. Posted:

No Need to be safe, The PS3 has been profitable since 2010 according to Sony themselves.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

mamp

147. Posted:

Not gonna lie I only read some comments because this argument was too long for me to backtrack on it. So I'm just gonna post what I read on. When it comes to porting The Wii U is friendly for indie devs and most of those devs that say it's friendly they're mostly saying it because of the fact that Wii U supports the Unity engine which is supposed to be for mobile games which most indie devs develop mobile games anyways. You can't expect porting to be as simple for huge third party companies for that it would cost in the millions. Also not only does it cost a lot to port games, the Wii U hasn't been selling well at all, even Nintendo can admit to that and it's not like every single person that owns a Wii U is automatically gonna buy any third party game that gets released (because let's be honest Nintendo fans only want Nintendo games) so why would third party companies want to waste their time, money and resources on porting games to the Wii U. On the Wii, most third party games were unsuccessful which is why the Wii received practically no support from third parties around the last 2-3 yrs of its lifespan so most of them would be hesitant to support the Wii U. The Wii U is not like the 3DS the Wii U has competition it's not like the 3DS where it's just the Vita which costs way more (and that was only after Nintendo cut the price by $80 because the Vita cost the same before the price drop and was more powerful) this time it's PS4 and Xbox one and the PS4 is not that much more expensive this time around. I would agree with @AlexSays on most of his statements but I still believe Nintendo can be successful I just think that they really aren't going to get as much third party support as they'd hoped for (hope I'm wrong though) at best they'll be gamecube successful if things go the way they are now or the way they were on the last couple years of the Wii. I don't believe that a weird controller is what sets them apart from the other systems even if the Wii U had been built exactly like the other 2 consoles we all know that it's the games and the way Nintendo innovates those games that set them apart from the competition. I don't think that years from now we'll be saying "man the Wii U was so awesome because of it's controller!" No we'll remember it by all the awesome games and experiences we had with it.

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

148. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

No Need to be safe, The PS3 has been profitable since 2010 according to Sony themselves.

Yeah but Sony took that cash and accidentally put it in their magical port machine. It was rewritten into Monopoly money. : (

k8sMum wrote:

i was busy making popcorn to hand out. :D

I'm glad you guys are enjoying this. lol.

theblackdragon wrote:

i think the ones 'watching this and not helping' are more watching you and wondering when you'll give up like the rest of us haha :3

Well if there was ever a thread to test my perseverance, it would be this one.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Hopper2004

149. Posted:

We should turn this topic around from a console war and post our favorite game that we've playing recently. :D

Mine is Mega-Man or Super Metroid.

Hopper2004

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

150. Posted:

Hopper2004 wrote:

We should turn this topic around from a console war and post our favorite game that we've playing recently. :D

Mine is Mega-Man or Super Metroid.

luigi's mansion dark moon is fun

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

151. Posted:

Had a good time playing Monster Hunter with Retro yesterday.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

152. Posted:

I am going to be jumping into Trine 2 again, hopefully I will finish it this time

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Varia01

153. Posted:

My Wii U is in storage right now, so I've been on my kindle recently. Maybe Iron Man 3 iOS?

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Hopper2004

154. Posted:

I want all three of those games(Monster Hunter, Dark Moon, and Trine), heh. Especially Monster Hunter.

@Varia01, Whats it like? :O

Hopper2004

AuthorMessage

PokeTune

155. Posted:

Yeah...well heres the thing...

1. PS4 and XBOX ONE are moth substantially more powerful than Wii U and that's what devs care about.
2.While you have to pay for online on PS4/ONE, they both offer a MUCH better online system than Nintendo's 2005-esque online
3.Sure, games are coming but if those don't start raking in the sales. Then what?
4. The price of a PS4 is $50 more than Wii U and provides much better graphics,online and 3rd party support

So, yeah people have a right to complain about both Nintendo and Wii U. Nintendo deserves this criticism otherwise they'll think nothing is wrong and keep on going in this "direction".

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SRankSaturdays/feed
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

"That's my catchphrase." - Spike the Dragon

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Halo:Master Chief Collection
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Smash Bros.Wii U & 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles X

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

156. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Let's not forget they cut other OS and PS2 BC for the slim.

@mamp
I gave a source to argue exactly what you just said. Ubisoft gave a direct example on how much it costs to port a game. It was $1.3 million to pot a game. Obviously, that varies from game to game, but it would be foolish to think it costs the same $25,000,000 twice over, as it did one time on other platforms. It won't cost that much in comparison to the initial inverstment. It's a port, guys. Come on.
Other than that, I agree with the experience being important, indie devs, etc.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Hopper2004

157. Posted:

PokeTune wrote:

So, yeah people have a right to complain about both Nintendo and Wii U. Nintendo deserves this criticism otherwise they'll think nothing is wrong and keep on going in this "direction".

While this may be true, most people need to see that it doesn't take high resolution graphics or huge processors to make a good game.

Hopper2004

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

158. Posted:

PokeTune wrote:

Yeah...well heres the thing...

1. PS4 and XBOX ONE are moth substantially more powerful than Wii U and that's what devs care about.
2.While you have to pay for online on PS4/ONE, they both offer a MUCH better online system than Nintendo's 2005-esque online
3.Sure, games are coming but if those don't start raking in the sales. Then what?
4. The price of a PS4 is $50 more than Wii U and provides much better graphics,online and 3rd party support

There is no reason to be complaining about Nintendo and Wii U, though. If you don't like how they handle things, just go get a PS4 or Xbox One.
Believe or not, plenty of people are fine with Nintendo's approach, so there's no reason troll.
It all comes down to 'leaving Nintendo behind' and 'moving on' to 'better' platforms.

Alot of the supposed constructive criticism regarding Wii U and it's fans, isn't necessary or wanted. Nintendo is a company that has been in the gaming business for the longest ammount of time.
If you don't think they have any idea what they're doing, then I hope you know what that means.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

159. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Let's not forget they cut other OS and PS2 BC for the slim.

Which made it more profitable. And Nintendo cut Gamecube support from the Wii to make that even more profitable than it already was, because money. Though I'doubt they'll be able to cut Wii support from the Wii U since so many games rely on the Wiimotes for multiplayer, so they can't save themselves there.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

PokeTune

160. Posted:

Hopper2004 wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

While this may be true, most people need to see that it doesn't take high resolution graphics or huge processors to make a good game.

I doubt anyone thinks that but the fact of the matter is that Wii U could of had a much larger library of incoming games if it had the specs to run next-games or at least decent sales.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SRankSaturdays/feed

"That's my catchphrase." - Spike the Dragon

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Halo:Master Chief Collection
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Smash Bros.Wii U & 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles X