Forums

Topic: Just Dance 2014: Wii or Wii U?

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Mahe

The Just Dance series was a huge hit on Wii, and next October, the latest entry is making its annual debut. After four numbered entries, the new game will be titled with a yearly moniker like sports titles, implying that "Just Dance 2014" will be played all throughout the year 2014, until presumably Just Dance 2015 arrives. But on which console will it be played the most? Last year, Wii was by far the biggest platform for Just Dance, handily outselling the Kinect, PS3 Move and Wii U versions. Will this year be different? The Wii is getting old, and last year Wii U had just been launched, of course. The Kinect and PS3 versions require add-ons beside the actual consoles, which limits the userbase, but this could also be argued for the Wii U version, because Wii U console packs don't come with Wiimotes.

My guess is that the Wii version of the new Just Dance will once again reign supreme, because the Wii still has a huge install base. It also seems like the Wii version will be the cheapest, and even though the Wii U version has additional features and HD graphics, it's hard to justify paying more for essentially the same game. What's your take, and on which platform do you intend to get Just Dance 2014 on?

Mahe

sageyheart

I think that the Wii is getting old, the Wii U is newer and more advanced, and it seems people like that more. I believe that it will be played more on the Wii U

I'm 13, I have Kid Icarus, I love to swapnote, im almost always online ( especially @ nite)
Add me!: 4940-6479-4769.

CrazyOtto

I thought the reason they made the Wii U version was so that Wii U owners can take advantage the game's Wii U only features like Miiverse.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AlexSays

Given the discrepancy between system sales, anyone that believes the Wii U version will sell more is off their rocker

sageyheart wrote:

I think that the Wii is getting old, the Wii U is newer and more advanced, and it seems people like that more

Based on what exactly?

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

rockodoodle

It soundslike there's not much difference between the two versions. probably go for the cheaper one.

rockodoodle

Mahe

MrSRArter wrote:

I thought the reason they made the Wii U version was so that Wii U owners can take advantage the game's Wii U only features like Miiverse.

I don't think Miiverse is a big feature for Just Dance, or most games for that matter. The additional Gamepad modes aren't that important either, people buy Just Dance for the core gameplay, which has been incrementally tweaked and fine-tuned over the years. Just Dance 2014 will probably feature some slight changes in all versions, but the basic gameplay in the Wii and Wii U versions should be the same.

Mahe

Mahe

Revisiting this topic. What's the situation now that the game is out? From the latest UK Charts, we can see that the Wii version is still the most popular by far:

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest...

Over a month after launch, the Wii version is still selling well, while the other versions are far behind and not even in the Top 40, including the Wii U version. Does this spell trouble for the Just Dance franchise, if newer consoles like Wii U can't sell a fraction of the numbers that Just Dance does on Wii? I ended up with the Wii U version because the price difference was not too big in the end, and I would consider the Wii U release of Just Dance 2014 to be the "definite" edition, but not too many seem to feel the same way, at least not yet. By getting the Wii U version, I forfeited my chances of borrowing or taking the game to Wii-owning friends (I know several who have not upgraded to Wii U and are probably not going to), but I got the best version for my own play experience. Won't it be strange if even Just Dance 2015 keeps selling best on the Wii?

Mahe

SCRAPPER392

@Mahe
I'd say buying the game on Wii U is your best option. As far as I'm aware, Just Dance 2014 is basically identical on both the Wii and Wii U, besides the gamepad, HD, clearer/more accurate sound via PCM, and possibly better online.(I haven't played these games before, FYI)

Also, maybe your Wii owning friends will buy a Wii U, then you can lend or bring the game over once they have the system.Buying the game on Wii U would be more forward thinking than buying it on an older system.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Mahe

SCAR392 wrote:

@Mahe
I'd say buying the game on Wii U is your best option. As far as I'm aware, Just Dance 2014 is basically identical on both the Wii and Wii U, besides the gamepad, HD, clearer/more accurate sound via PCM, and possibly better online.(I haven't played these games before, FYI)

Also, maybe your Wii owning friends will buy a Wii U, then you can lend or bring the game over once they have the system.Buying the game on Wii U would be more forward thinking than buying it on an older system.

Yeah, having more features like World Dance Floor (online) and Just Dance TV is really nice. Also, some of the fantastic backdrops are really worth the HD visuals, like I Will Survive, She Wolf, Starships, Follow the Leader, and the titular Just Dance by Lady Gaga. Just Dance 2014 has some of the most gorgeous visuals of the series and a fantastic track selection, so it's good to enjoy those with high-quality audio and video.

Edited on by Mahe

Mahe

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.