Wii U Forum

Topic: Just bought the Wii U

Showing 41 to 56 of 56

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperJoon

41. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

Even if it had no games, It could be worse. Vita is so bad it has minus games.

Seriously? Ugh! Ignorance!

Edited on by SuperJoon

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Joon84 | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrazyOtto

42. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

Even if it had no games, It could be worse. Vita is so bad it has minus games.

OUT! NOW!

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

43. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

Even if it had no games, It could be worse. Vita is so bad it has minus games.

Untitled

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

44. Posted:

Sonic Racing, Injustice, Monster Hunter, Tekken, Runner 2, Lego City, Super Mario World. There's a few I would recommend. These games alone will cost you $288, unless you buy the disc and find sales.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FOREST_RANGER

45. Posted:

Can we not make arguments based on a joke some are making a big deal about? -.-

@Topic Congrats for your purchase! If you want to get recommendations without de-railing posts, you can visit the Wii U recommendations thread. And maybe read that quick-start guide too if there is one?

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MeWario

46. Posted:

As I wait for my Wii U to arrive, I've already bought Batman Arkham City and Sonic and Sega Racing for dirt cheap. Still need to get NSMB U and Nintendo land. There are plenty of games at the moment, but, I can see how long time owners would be feeling disgruntled.

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperJoon

47. Posted:

I've got 4 games arriving with my Wii U. Nintendo land, Need for Speed, Fifa and ME3. Excited. Will probably go and get monster hunter and Lego city over the weekend. More excitement.

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Joon84 | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cbkummer

48. Posted:

Those of you who say your Wii Us are collecting dust or not in use or whatever, there are a lot of us on the site that would happily take them off your hands.

cbkummer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

49. Posted:

cbkummer wrote:

Those of you who say your Wii Us are collecting dust or not in use or whatever, there are a lot of us on the site that would happily take them off your hands.

Then what would they have to complain about?

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

50. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

cbkummer wrote:

Those of you who say your Wii Us are collecting dust or not in use or whatever, there are a lot of us on the site that would happily take them off your hands.

Then what would they have to complain about?

PS4 not being out, and how electric cars should require gas instead.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RikuzeYre

51. Posted:

Complain about Hydrogen fuel cell technology not moving quickly enough

RikuzeYre

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kborne20

52. Posted:

Thanks everyone for their advice! I went ahead and bought Lego City today. SO far so good! The wii U is an amazing system. I just feel like they haven't advertised it well at all. I laugh at those who say "mine's collecting dust" or some smart comment because they wasted a good chunk of change and their the ones that feel it! I also have a ps3 so it's a good change from that! Thanks again for all the helpful comments.

Kborne20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

53. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

The thing that I have to ask all the people that say oh there is no good games for the Wii U and where are all the games is, if there aren't any good games for the Wii U why the heck did you buy it now? Seems a little stupid buying a system that doesnt have games you want to play on it doesn't it? I didn't buy my 360 till 3 years after it came out when there were games on it that I wanted to play/ Seriously folks quit whinning that they're aren't any good games on it.

Well for a start when it was time to pre-order it seemed like we would have been getting Rayman Legends at launch and Pikmin 3 soon after. When it launched it seemed like both of those titles would appear in January/February. I assumed that the VC would launch sometime around late December and that by now there would be plenty of content in there to cover the inevitable April to July drought beyond the "launch window". I assumed that by now we would have the Wonderful 101 and Game & Wario.

Instead launch hit which was awesome and kept me interested for a good month or so despite not having some of those things I had expected. Then there was pretty much nothing at all that interested me until Need for Speed Most Wanted in late March. The OP said they had New SMB U and Nintendo Land and asked what else there was.... there really isn't THAT much else. Which is probably fine if you're getting the console now, not that great if you got it at launch and have already played through your library of four retail games.

[edit]
Also the fact that people DID go out and get it assuming these things but DIDN'T get them is the reason why they're complaining. We took a gamble and it didn't pay. Plus it's not like I hadn't avoided a launch because of lack of games before. I avoided the 3DS' launch because of the lack of games but jumped on the Wii U because I thought the first few months would be different. Instead it turned out to be just as quiet.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

54. Posted:

I reccommend the following
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Batman Arkham City
New Super Mario Bros. U
(Those are from my collection and I love them!!)

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

55. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

The thing that I have to ask all the people that say oh there is no good games for the Wii U and where are all the games is, if there aren't any good games for the Wii U why the heck did you buy it now? Seems a little stupid buying a system that doesnt have games you want to play on it doesn't it? I didn't buy my 360 till 3 years after it came out when there were games on it that I wanted to play/ Seriously folks quit whinning that they're aren't any good games on it.

Well for a start when it was time to pre-order it seemed like we would have been getting Rayman Legends at launch and Pikmin 3 soon after. When it launched it seemed like both of those titles would appear in January/February. I assumed that the VC would launch sometime around late December and that by now there would be plenty of content in there to cover the inevitable April to July drought beyond the "launch window". I assumed that by now we would have the Wonderful 101 and Game & Wario.

Instead launch hit which was awesome and kept me interested for a good month or so despite not having some of those things I had expected. Then there was pretty much nothing at all that interested me until Need for Speed Most Wanted in late March. The OP said they had New SMB U and Nintendo Land and asked what else there was.... there really isn't THAT much else. Which is probably fine if you're getting the console now, not that great if you got it at launch and have already played through your library of four retail games.

[edit]
Also the fact that people DID go out and get it assuming these things but DIDN'T get them is the reason why they're complaining. We took a gamble and it didn't pay. Plus it's not like I hadn't avoided a launch because of lack of games before. I avoided the 3DS' launch because of the lack of games but jumped on the Wii U because I thought the first few months would be different. Instead it turned out to be just as quiet.

I honestly wasn't too surprised by the delays. Like Rayman Legends maybe but that's mainly WHY it was delayed. I think people assume that Pikmin 3 had been in development for so long as a Wii game that that meant it wouldn't be delayed when it was FINALLY showed a trailer for Wii U, but I'm not too surprised. HD Pikmin would take time and it does. Same with Wonderful 101. Game and Wario delayed at all surprised me but more because until I looked more into it I assumed it would be almost as meh as Wii Play. I have to assume some of this is because Nintendo isn't big on releasing games before they're actually completely done. (which I hate to admit, might possibly be bad for Nintendo).

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

56. Posted:

Three things, guys:

(a) Attacking other users here is not cool. If you don't like someone, that's fine — we ask that you ignore them, please. Posting about how you think another user is a troll and a jerk and you want them banned is more likely to get you banned. Play nice.

(b) Quit kneejerking whenever someone posts a 'hurr durr collecting dust' joke. If that's their opinion, you're probably not going to change their mind. Let it go and post about what you like instead of zeroing in and focusing on their tired bullcrap if that's what you truly think of their statements in any given thread (and about any given console).

(c) to the OP — if it's game suggestions you're after, please feel free to ask for them in the Wii U Recommendations thread. Enjoy! :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

Sorry, this topic has been locked.