Wii U Forum

Topic: Iwata to take over Nintendo of America CEO responsibilities

Showing 41 to 60 of 65

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

41. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I mean seriously, all this talk about who is going to beat who in the gaming industry is going nowhere. Why can't we just get along and have friendly conversations about upcoming games...?

Because we can post anonymously on Teh Interwebz and that gives a false and temporary sense of superiority. Being "friendly" just doesn't fulfill that which is missing in our lives or something...

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cheaptrick

42. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Cheaptrick wrote:

This latest Nintendo move if become final will serve as a punishment for both the two CEOs (Iwata & the other) for their incompetence.

It's a crazy world when incompetence leads to more responsibility.

You forgot the most important one - it saves lots of money.

OVERCLOCK.NET OFFICIAL WII U OWNERS CLUB

Cheaptrick's Project "Silent Scout"

Cheaptrick's GTX 680 SC Modding

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

43. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

I mean seriously, all this talk about who is going to beat who in the gaming industry is going nowhere. Why can't we just get along and have friendly conversations about upcoming games...?

Because we can post anonymously on Teh Interwebz and that gives a false and temporary sense of superiority. Being "friendly" just doesn't fulfill that which is missing in our lives or something...

"My Daddy thinks I suck but I'll show these teenagers on the internet forum! I, Sephirothftw8505 will show my superior ability to debate Nintendo fanboys. Take that Dad!!!!"

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

44. Posted:

Meh, Nintendo already said they're making some changes around there (I think its so they can improve game development so we don't have to keep dealing with crappy console launches), this is probably one of them.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

45. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

I mean seriously, all this talk about who is going to beat who in the gaming industry is going nowhere. Why can't we just get along and have friendly conversations about upcoming games...?

Because we can post anonymously on Teh Interwebz and that gives a false and temporary sense of superiority. Being "friendly" just doesn't fulfill that which is missing in our lives or something...

"My Daddy thinks I suck but I'll show these teenagers on the internet forum! I, Sephirothftw8505 will show my superior ability to debate Nintendo fanboys. Take that Dad!!!!"

I knew I could count on you for a laugh! Sephiroth is getting a little old though so I give it about a 7/10.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

46. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

I mean seriously, all this talk about who is going to beat who in the gaming industry is going nowhere. Why can't we just get along and have friendly conversations about upcoming games...?

Because we can post anonymously on Teh Interwebz and that gives a false and temporary sense of superiority. Being "friendly" just doesn't fulfill that which is missing in our lives or something...

"My Daddy thinks I suck but I'll show these teenagers on the internet forum! I, Sephirothftw8505 will show my superior ability to debate Nintendo fanboys. Take that Dad!!!!"

I knew I could count on you for a laugh! Sephiroth is getting a little old though so I give it about a 7/10.

Fair enough. Yeah, I should have used Fi or Cole Phelps or another newer game character. FFVII has really gone so far into being "that overrated game" that I don't think it's overrated anymore.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

47. Posted:

So any hope with Iwata now running NOA that Nintendo might start to bolster internal development in the region. If irrcc even through retro was a success NCL was afraid to invest more in western development houses due to not having anyone to oversea them (BS excuse) so the company just stuck with Retro and NST.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

48. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Sigh, wish we could skip a year or two ahead to when the Wii U has a good game library, the two rival systems have released so we all can tone down this senseless arguing. I mean seriously, all this talk about who is going to beat who in the gaming industry is going nowhere. Why can't we just get along and have friendly conversations about upcoming games...?

...

Who am I kidding, I'm just wasting my breath...

I concur with your sentiments but regret to concede that the hope is an impossibility. This is the internet, any intellectual and/or well intentioned dialogue will inevitably break down into a pile of mindless creatures hitting caps lock and banging their heads on the keyboard.

Though, for the record, some users here (such as cheaptrick) do not get on my nerves even when I disagree with them because they actually have a functioning brain, but others (I'll attempt to keep nameless) just stubbornly make up facts and distort truths to fit their biases. I've nothing wrong with some friendly arguing but when half the threads wind up looking the same after a couple pages, I really start to get agitated.

More on topic, I congratulate Iwata on his new position (whether it's a true promotion or more of a punishment) and hope that, one way or another, the company will benefit due to the managerial changes. Also, I really would like if Reggie left entirely, I think it would be quite easy for someone to outperform him. Then again, I don't know him personally, I just don't think he's done much to improve Nintendo. Except his resemblance to a purple Pikmin.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

49. Posted:

ShadJV wrote:

Also, I really would like if Reggie left entirely, I think it would be quite easy for someone to outperform him. Then again, I don't know him personally, I just don't think he's done much to improve Nintendo. Except his resemblance to a purple Pikmin.

Funny considering that ol' Reggie has less hair on his head then a purple Pikmin does. :D

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AddADashOfSalt

50. Posted:

I think I can do with Iwata leaving, but I mean, imo, he's great.
Reggie, however, I don't think should be kicked. He's a great guy, and I think he's doing fairly well for Nintendo.
But anyways, even if Nintendo got a new president, you guys would complain about him, so I think Iwata's fine right now.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

51. Posted:

@ShadVJ
Not only do I think you may be targeting me(there are at least 3 people teaming up on me in every thread usually), but I might as well defend the others you are calling brainless, too.
I for one, don't make up BS 90% of the time, and the other 10% is on accident. You can call that being biased, but it's being just as biased to think people are stating 'supposed' facts that are actually true.
I've seen tons of people that think Apple and Sony are the know all, end all companies of consumer electronics comment on this site on an everyday basis.
It makes no sense to me that someone would ever go on a Nintendo site to talk about how every other company is better when they should theoretically be on the site of their actual favorite company.
Next time you insult ANYONE for not having a functional brain, I'm going to assume YOU DON'T HAVE ONE AT ALL.
I hope this puts things into better perspective. There is a difference between making mistakes on purpose and on accident. Jumping the gun and calling anyone biased automatically voids your argument, because that is IN FACT, an assumption.

ON TOPIC: IWATA IS COOL. LOL.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gavn64

52. Posted:

Cheaptrick wrote:

Iwata is only a footnote of the story...

Obviously this came out as a result of the Nintendo company's restructuring as a result of significant operating losses. I hoped Iwata was not crying yesterday when we has giving his report to Nintendo investors. Much like Apple Tim Cook (who by the way yesterday according to MSNBC people "Forbes reported that Apple is looking for someone to replace him"), Iwata's ass is also on the firing line for incompetence. Even if this is just part of Nintendo's restructuring plan pending shareholders' approval (this is only a plan & not yet approved), I'm seeing this as a punishment of the two CEOs (Kimishima & Iwata) as they're now given the tasks to divide the work of two people among themselves as oppose to Nintendo hiring two additional CEOs to replace the two retiring CEOs (Mori & Matsumoto) whom I think decided to retire with honor rather than working on a company marred by huge financial losses.

1./00. [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life # (Nintendo) {2013.04.18} (¥4.800) – 404.858 / NEW Iwata personaly did a lot of promotion for this game does he not shout all the time like an obnoxious life coach for you or something he is doing an amazing job lay off dude own up your wrong about him.

gavn64

3DS Friend Code: 4897-6082-1828 | Nintendo Network ID: GavnL89

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AbeVigoda

53. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I for one, don't make up BS 90% of the time, and the other 10% is on accident.

10% of the time you accidentally make stuff up?! How does someone lie by accident?

April 9th, 2013: The day nintendolife.com became thuglife.com
ATTICA!! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!
I AM THE ROSA PARKS OF NINTENDOLIFE
"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have links to use as proof." - SCAR392

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

54. Posted:

AbeVigoda wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I for one, don't make up BS 90% of the time, and the other 10% is on accident.

10% of the time you accidentally make stuff up?! How does someone lie by accident?

When someone is trying to figure something out, there has to be room for mistakes and error.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AbeVigoda

55. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

AbeVigoda wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I for one, don't make up BS 90% of the time, and the other 10% is on accident.

10% of the time you accidentally make stuff up?! How does someone lie by accident?

When someone is trying to figure something out, there has to be room for mistakes and error.

Yes. It's called 'being wrong'. It's okay for you to admit to that once in a while.

April 9th, 2013: The day nintendolife.com became thuglife.com
ATTICA!! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!
I AM THE ROSA PARKS OF NINTENDOLIFE
"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have links to use as proof." - SCAR392

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cheaptrick

56. Posted:

ShadJV wrote:

Though, for the record, some users here (such as cheaptrick) do not get on my nerves even when I disagree with them because they actually have a functioning brain, but others (I'll attempt to keep nameless) just stubbornly make up facts and distort truths to fit their biases. I've nothing wrong with some friendly arguing but when half the threads wind up looking the same after a couple pages, I really start to get agitated.

Thanks for those kind words ShadJV.

I do agree with you... "We can all agree to disagree on certain things without getting personal". I have no problems talking to some people here - you & Sony_70 in particular & the others who can argue on certain things without distorting facts. I sometimes disagree with Sony_70's views but I do find him as an individual who can stick with his talking points & argue with me without putting his foot inside my mouth. I sometimes talk about things that may sound against Nintendo but it doesn't mean that I'm against Nintendo. I'm for the Wii U & have no intention of going PS4 &/or Xbox 720. I do disagree on certain things that Nintendo been doing but I talk with facts & not mainly disagreeing to disagree.

It's frustrating to see some people here who when gets cornered will resort to distort facts in order get out when empty handed. It's fair to say to others that "If you have nothing to say that is substantial it's best that you close your mouth".

Edited on by Cheaptrick

OVERCLOCK.NET OFFICIAL WII U OWNERS CLUB

Cheaptrick's Project "Silent Scout"

Cheaptrick's GTX 680 SC Modding

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

57. Posted:

There is also a bit of grey area between "lying" and "ignorance".

As for Iwata, nothing much is really changing. He's overseeing America's operations and Reggie now refers to him directly.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tainy

58. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Cheaptrick wrote:

This latest Nintendo move if become final will serve as a punishment for both the two CEOs (Iwata & the other) for their incompetence.

It's a crazy world when incompetence leads to more responsibility.

That's what I was thinking. I think it's much more likely a combination of the retirements, and that Iwata realizes how important it is for him to fix his ship, and he thinks he can do that better if he has more direct control over vital sections of their business. The American branch has been performing below the Japanese branch. Something is going wrong here that isn't there.

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cheaptrick

59. Posted:

The real story here is not about Iwata. It's about...

"Nintendo losing a lot of money that instead of replacing the two retiring CEOs they decided to have the two other remaining CEOs cover for the work of the two retiring CEOs to cut the cost."

It's a cost cutting measure to make up for Nintendo's huge financial loss. This CEOs do get paid in millions. Nintendo came up with the decision yesterday after Iwata gave his quarterly report to Nintendo's investors. We all know about Nintendo's huge financial loss cuz it was reported the day before by Bloomberg.

Edited on by Cheaptrick

OVERCLOCK.NET OFFICIAL WII U OWNERS CLUB

Cheaptrick's Project "Silent Scout"

Cheaptrick's GTX 680 SC Modding

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

60. Posted:

EXPOSITION!

Don't know why, just felt like saying that.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64