Wii U Forum

Topic: Is this bad news for the Wii U?

Showing 261 to 268 of 268

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

261. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Bankai wrote:

The PS3 controller is legitimately brilliant. There is no reason whatsoever to change that design.

That's why they're changing it, right?

And they're idiots to do that. Unless the next controller is even more ergonomic.

I expect the next controller will look similar to the DualShock, but might have a few tweaks to integrate some more advanced features.

That is assuming Sony hasn't been stupid enough to hear the "change for the sake of change" people.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

262. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

I could never buy an Xbox or Playstation system. I have played both, a lot at friends houses and I have never even had the fraction of the fun that I have had on my Wii and now my Wii U. First party games and innovative technology is what makes a good system, and that is something neither of those systems have had. Like hell, Sony hasn't even changed the design of their controller since the original playstation. No imagination....

The reason that Sony has stuck with that controller is because it is incredibly ergonomic.

I mean, seriously. Some people act like it's better to make shocking products that are 'innovative' (not understanding that in the games industry there is no such thing as the kind of innovation they're talking about. Games industry merely repurposes existing technology, and yes that includes Nintendo), then make something good that works and stick with it.

The PS3 controller is legitimately brilliant. There is no reason whatsoever to change that design.

I disagree. Aside from the Xbox monstrosity, the PS2 and 3 controllers are the most uncomfortable to me. The best controller designs imo are Gamecube and SNES

Edited on by Unca_Lz

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

263. Posted:

GameCube > 360 > all.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

264. Posted:

LZBirdboi wrote:

Bankai wrote:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

I could never buy an Xbox or Playstation system. I have played both, a lot at friends houses and I have never even had the fraction of the fun that I have had on my Wii and now my Wii U. First party games and innovative technology is what makes a good system, and that is something neither of those systems have had. Like hell, Sony hasn't even changed the design of their controller since the original playstation. No imagination....

The reason that Sony has stuck with that controller is because it is incredibly ergonomic.

I mean, seriously. Some people act like it's better to make shocking products that are 'innovative' (not understanding that in the games industry there is no such thing as the kind of innovation they're talking about. Games industry merely repurposes existing technology, and yes that includes Nintendo), then make something good that works and stick with it.

The PS3 controller is legitimately brilliant. There is no reason whatsoever to change that design.

I disagree. Aside from the Xbox monstrosity, the PS2 and 3 controllers are the most uncomfortable to me. The best controller designs imo are Gamecube and SNES

Both of which I find very uncomfortable.

Now, the SNES and GC controller designs no longer exist, whereas the DualShock is the most popular controller of all time (given that it was on, you know, the PS2 and the PS3 is the second-most popular console this generation).

It would seem to me that the Dual Shock has the numbers on its side.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

265. Posted:

LZBirdboi wrote:

the PS2 and 3 controllers are the most uncomfortable to me.

Same here. The original PSX controller was pretty comfortable (aside from that d-pad of course) if you had four fingers poised over the rows of left and right shoulder buttons. But then the N64 sent Sony into a panic and they rushed out their uncomfortable Dual Analog controller which (thanks to StarFox 64) later became the DualShock controller we all know and loathe.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

266. Posted:

For trational controllers
Wii U Pro Controller > 360 Controller > *

CanisWolfred wrote:

Actually, the Wii had a lot of games in its first year. Way more than the Wii U (so far), actually. It's just that most of them were terrible, unlike most of the games for the Wii U.

Well I ended up getting six of the "top ten" games ever released in Australia going by Metacritic on Wii for 2007 and then quite literally nothing else. Of those games only one (Mario Strikers Charged) was available in Australia before August 2007. In comparison the Wii U is getting Pikmin 3 and Rayman Legends before E3 and we have no idea what they have in store beyond that.

The volume of games really doesn't matter, it's the variety and amount of AAA and "AA" content. The Wii U has a pretty decent run before E3 compared to other console launches. This isn't a drought, certaintly nothing on the scale of the Wii's first year. If the end of the year brings something on par with Galaxy then the Wii U has surely beaten the Wii's first year from a gamer perspective.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brandonbwii

267. Posted:

There are a number of doom and gloom talk out there, but the 3DS proves Nintendo can get out of a sticky situation they just need franchise momentum.

In their 2011/2012 window we got Mario 3D then Mario Kart 7 then Resident Evil, then Kid Icarus.

If Nintendo can do that, start witn Pikmin 3 and follow it with Mario 3DHD and maybe Mario Kart as well as announce quality games coming from November to March 2014, then Wii U will be able to stand against what the others throw at them.

Abandon hope all ye who enter here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

268. Posted:

The line up for 2013 looks really good so far.

Rayman Legends
Wii Fit U
Game and Wario (should be eshop only IMO)
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter Ultimate
Mutant Mudds deluxe
Two Brothers
Cloudberry Kingdom
Armillo
1001 Spikes
Pandora's Tower
Bayonetta 3 (its either Q4 2013 or Q1 2014)

As far as games announced at E3
Retro's Game
3D Mario for next year
Eshop content from Nintendo

While I want to see a Nintendo made Racer I'm really hoping it isn't Mario cart. I just want a high Quality F-Zero that can go toe to toe with what Turn 10 and Polyphony Digital can do.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70