Forums

Topic: Is this bad news for the Wii U?

Posts 181 to 200 of 267

MAB

I think we can all forget about the VITA now and say adios amigo because when a product becomes the industry joke that means it's pretty much on the outskirts of no hope city limits thrown into the same scrap yard as Virtualboy, N-Gage, Lynx and the R-Zone

MAB

CanisWolfred

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I think we can all forget about the VITA now and say adios amigo because when a product becomes the industry joke that means it's pretty much on the outskirts of no hope city limits thrown into the same scrap yard as Virtualboy, N-Gage, Lynx and the R-Zone

Oh, sure, because the Vita's circumstances are totally related. I know you're just trying to tick people off, and no, it's not working, but still, on the off chance someone's foolish enough to agree with you: Sony is not some start-up trying to get into, or back into, the industry like The Lynx, N-Gage, and R-Zone. The Vita is not a totally bad idea with zero appeal like the Virtual Boy. Those were failures for good reasons. If the Vita, or by some stretch of the imagination, the Wii U, were to ultimately fail, I doubt there'd be much hope for the industry in general.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

MAB

I'm sorry you wasted your money but it's about time you fanheads face facts and try to move on

MAB

kkslider5552000

"I will never contribute anything of value to society!"

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Bankai

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I think we can all forget about the VITA now and say adios amigo because when a product becomes the industry joke that means it's pretty much on the outskirts of no hope city limits thrown into the same scrap yard as Virtualboy, N-Gage, Lynx and the R-Zone

Dude, that has nothing to do with anything :-/

Are you trying to be like Hikary... Hikory... Hikaru... That weeaboo dude?

Your trolling used to have way more class than that. What happened man

CanisWolfred

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I'm sorry you wasted your money but it's about time you fanheads face facts and try to move on

I could say the same to you, but I won't. I'm not about to stoop that level.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

SCRAPPER392

I think Wii U will do good regardless, but we will have to wait and see what Sony/Microsoft bring out, and whether it's relevant to what Nintendo does. Who knows, maybe Sony/Microsoft will make something so cool, that Nintendo has to follow suit a la motion controls on PS/Xbox. I'm pretty sure PS will at least have 4K TV support, and Xbox will have some sort of Windows 8 integration. As for Kinect and Move, I'm seriously hoping they at least use what's out already, before enhancing something they haven't even fully used yet...

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Chrono_Cross

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I think we can all forget about the VITA now and say adios amigo because when a product becomes the industry joke that means it's pretty much on the outskirts of no hope city limits thrown into the same scrap yard as Virtualboy, N-Gage, Lynx and the R-Zone

Industry joke? You mean like the Nintendo Wii?

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

CanisWolfred

SCAR392 wrote:

I think Wii U will do good regardless, but we will have to wait and see what Sony/Microsoft bring out, and whether it's relevant to what Nintendo does. Who knows, maybe Sony/Microsoft will make something so cool, that Nintendo has to follow suit a la motion controls on PS/Xbox. I'm pretty sure PS will at least have 4K TV support, and Xbox will have some sort of Windows 8 integration. As for Kinect and Move, I'm seriously hoping they at least use what's out already, before enhancing something they haven't even fully used yet...

Yeah, I'm with you. Except I think Kinect 2.0 wouldn't surprise me, but I'd rather that not be a priority.

Either way, I think the Wii U will do well, so long as it fills a niche the others don't.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

MAB

Chrono_Cross wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I think we can all forget about the VITA now and say adios amigo because when a product becomes the industry joke that means it's pretty much on the outskirts of no hope city limits thrown into the same scrap yard as Virtualboy, N-Gage, Lynx and the R-Zone

Industry joke? You mean like the Nintendo Wii?

Yeah even nintendo kicked that sucker to the curb 4 years ago then they moved on.

MAB

Chrono_Cross

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Yeah even nintendo kicked that sucker to the curb 4 years ago then they moved on.

I wish there was a troll out there that was actually informed of obvious things.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

kkslider5552000

Chrono_Cross wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Yeah even nintendo kicked that sucker to the curb 4 years ago then they moved on.

I wish there was a troll out there that was actually informed of obvious things.

If only there was someone Mad who Jumped a lot and was a...Lord. But I suppose such things only exist in fantasy.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

SCRAPPER392

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Yeah even nintendo kicked that sucker to the curb 4 years ago then they moved on.

I wish there was a troll out there that was actually informed of obvious things.

If only there was someone Mad who Jumped a lot and was a...Lord. But I suppose such things only exist in fantasy.

Apparently not anymore. He's usually in 3DS threads I think...

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

CanisWolfred

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I think we can all forget about the VITA now and say adios amigo because when a product becomes the industry joke that means it's pretty much on the outskirts of no hope city limits thrown into the same scrap yard as Virtualboy, N-Gage, Lynx and the R-Zone

Industry joke? You mean like the Nintendo Wii?

Yeah even nintendo kicked that sucker to the curb 4 years ago then they moved on.

Untitled
You picked a bad time to stop using that winking emoticon. Now it looks like you're serious about that. For once.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Sean_Aaron

Token_Girl wrote:

Sure - Nintendo could update the WiiU regularly, but they said they'd do that with the Wii as well - and we saw how many substantial updates that got.

To be fair the Wii didn't have a "proper" OS that they could add real functionality to; probably due to a lack of storage which also stopped them from doing much in the way of game patches. Every time there was an update they effectively had a new copy of the OS just so they didn't break older software releases. Frankly I'm amazed it was updated as often as it was!

The Wii U lacks those kinds of limitations so I'm not concerned about Nintendo not adding features because they can't.

I've read the rest of this thread and my only question is: why would the Vita disappearing spell doom for the games industry. I mean who would notice? I don't think I've ever seen one of these things actually.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

luisesteban

Well, Vita has huge specs comparing with the 3ds, when you think on that is easy to say that vita should have outsell the 3ds and their games.....but you know what have actually happend.

luisesteban

Bankai

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Token_Girl wrote:

Sure - Nintendo could update the WiiU regularly, but they said they'd do that with the Wii as well - and we saw how many substantial updates that got.

To be fair the Wii didn't have a "proper" OS that they could add real functionality to; probably due to a lack of storage which also stopped them from doing much in the way of game patches. Every time there was an update they effectively had a new copy of the OS just so they didn't break older software releases. Frankly I'm amazed it was updated as often as it was!

The Wii U lacks those kinds of limitations so I'm not concerned about Nintendo not adding features because they can't.

I've read the rest of this thread and my only question is: why would the Vita disappearing spell doom for the games industry. I mean who would notice? I don't think I've ever seen one of these things actually.

It wouldn't. There's billions of dollars in this industry, that is not going to disappear if one product, or even some companies, failed and disappeared.

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft could all declare bankruptcy and all that would happen is some new hardware manufacturers would step in and pick up the ball. This industry is far too big to simply go away now.

CanisWolfred

To clarify, I didn't mean "worried about the future of the industry" as in it may cease to exist, I more meant, well, my future with the industry, as a gamer. No sustem should fail and cease production simply on the grounds that it didn't hit the ground running at full speed. That would be ludicrous.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Hokori

@waltz weeaboo isn't even a word or if it is it's a name given by westerners rather then easterners so it doesn't count

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic