Wii U Forum

Topic: Is this bad news for the Wii U?

Showing 181 to 200 of 268

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

181. Posted:

Token_Girl wrote:

Sure - Nintendo could update the WiiU regularly, but they said they'd do that with the Wii as well - and we saw how many substantial updates that got. Bottom line is, while graphics probably can't improve to the point that most people care - the console features in the online world are going to be the big separator for the next PS and Xbox. We're talking about things like cloud gaming, but the Xbox360 and PS3 do that now. I'm sure that the next consoles will provide updates and even more services that we don't even know about yet in their lifespan. WiiU isn't doing anything more than what the PS360 did at launch. Maybe not even that much (I think they had actual account systems). I'm not going to hold my breath that we'll get much, if any of the promised updates. Nintendo could very likely say after year three - what's the point in anything but the minimum homebrew-blockng OS updates, like they did with the Wii. We'll just save it for the next console. Sony and Microsoft will update their consoles - they have a track record.

I like the WiiU, because I like Nintendo games. But look at Gamecube - that's how far Nintendo exclusives alone will take you.

Well said. I agree with every word.

Yet, I still look forward to getting a Wii U. I still hold the Gamecube as the best Nintendo console around, and yes, that's mostly due to the exclusives.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MAB

182. Posted:

I think we can all forget about the VITA now and say adios amigo because when a product becomes the industry joke that means it's pretty much on the outskirts of no hope city limits thrown into the same scrap yard as Virtualboy, N-Gage, Lynx and the R-Zone ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

183. Posted:

@MadAussieBloke

Let's not forget the Sega Nomad. ;)

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

184. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I think we can all forget about the VITA now and say adios amigo because when a product becomes the industry joke that means it's pretty much on the outskirts of no hope city limits thrown into the same scrap yard as Virtualboy, N-Gage, Lynx and the R-Zone ;)

Oh, sure, because the Vita's circumstances are totally related. I know you're just trying to tick people off, and no, it's not working, but still, on the off chance someone's foolish enough to agree with you: Sony is not some start-up trying to get into, or back into, the industry like The Lynx, N-Gage, and R-Zone. The Vita is not a totally bad idea with zero appeal like the Virtual Boy. Those were failures for good reasons. If the Vita, or by some stretch of the imagination, the Wii U, were to ultimately fail, I doubt there'd be much hope for the industry in general.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MAB

185. Posted:

I'm sorry you wasted your money but it's about time you fanheads face facts and try to move on ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

186. Posted:

"I will never contribute anything of value to society!" ;)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Bankai

187. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Dude, that has nothing to do with anything :-/

Are you trying to be like Hikary... Hikory... Hikaru... That weeaboo dude?

Your trolling used to have way more class than that. What happened man :(

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

188. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I'm sorry you wasted your money but it's about time you fanheads face facts and try to move on ;)

I could say the same to you, but I won't. I'm not about to stoop that level.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

189. Posted:

I think Wii U will do good regardless, but we will have to wait and see what Sony/Microsoft bring out, and whether it's relevant to what Nintendo does. Who knows, maybe Sony/Microsoft will make something so cool, that Nintendo has to follow suit a la motion controls on PS/Xbox. I'm pretty sure PS will at least have 4K TV support, and Xbox will have some sort of Windows 8 integration. As for Kinect and Move, I'm seriously hoping they at least use what's out already, before enhancing something they haven't even fully used yet...

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

190. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Industry joke? You mean like the Nintendo Wii? :D ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

191. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I think Wii U will do good regardless, but we will have to wait and see what Sony/Microsoft bring out, and whether it's relevant to what Nintendo does. Who knows, maybe Sony/Microsoft will make something so cool, that Nintendo has to follow suit a la motion controls on PS/Xbox. I'm pretty sure PS will at least have 4K TV support, and Xbox will have some sort of Windows 8 integration. As for Kinect and Move, I'm seriously hoping they at least use what's out already, before enhancing something they haven't even fully used yet...

Yeah, I'm with you. Except I think Kinect 2.0 wouldn't surprise me, but I'd rather that not be a priority.

Either way, I think the Wii U will do well, so long as it fills a niche the others don't.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MAB

192. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Yeah even nintendo kicked that sucker to the curb 4 years ago then they moved on.

MAB

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

193. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Yeah even nintendo kicked that sucker to the curb 4 years ago then they moved on.

I wish there was a troll out there that was actually informed of obvious things.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

194. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I wish there was a troll out there that was actually informed of obvious things.

If only there was someone Mad who Jumped a lot and was a...Lord. But I suppose such things only exist in fantasy.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

195. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

If only there was someone Mad who Jumped a lot and was a...Lord. But I suppose such things only exist in fantasy.

Apparently not anymore. He's usually in 3DS threads I think...

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

196. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Untitled
You picked a bad time to stop using that winking emoticon. Now it looks like you're serious about that. For once.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

197. Posted:

Token_Girl wrote:

Sure - Nintendo could update the WiiU regularly, but they said they'd do that with the Wii as well - and we saw how many substantial updates that got.

To be fair the Wii didn't have a "proper" OS that they could add real functionality to; probably due to a lack of storage which also stopped them from doing much in the way of game patches. Every time there was an update they effectively had a new copy of the OS just so they didn't break older software releases. Frankly I'm amazed it was updated as often as it was!

The Wii U lacks those kinds of limitations so I'm not concerned about Nintendo not adding features because they can't.

I've read the rest of this thread and my only question is: why would the Vita disappearing spell doom for the games industry. I mean who would notice? I don't think I've ever seen one of these things actually.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

luisesteban

198. Posted:

Well, Vita has huge specs comparing with the 3ds, when you think on that is easy to say that vita should have outsell the 3ds and their games.....but you know what have actually happend.

luisesteban

AuthorMessage

Bankai

199. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Token_Girl wrote:

Sure - Nintendo could update the WiiU regularly, but they said they'd do that with the Wii as well - and we saw how many substantial updates that got.

To be fair the Wii didn't have a "proper" OS that they could add real functionality to; probably due to a lack of storage which also stopped them from doing much in the way of game patches. Every time there was an update they effectively had a new copy of the OS just so they didn't break older software releases. Frankly I'm amazed it was updated as often as it was!

The Wii U lacks those kinds of limitations so I'm not concerned about Nintendo not adding features because they can't.

I've read the rest of this thread and my only question is: why would the Vita disappearing spell doom for the games industry. I mean who would notice? I don't think I've ever seen one of these things actually.

It wouldn't. There's billions of dollars in this industry, that is not going to disappear if one product, or even some companies, failed and disappeared.

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft could all declare bankruptcy and all that would happen is some new hardware manufacturers would step in and pick up the ball. This industry is far too big to simply go away now.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

200. Posted:

To clarify, I didn't mean "worried about the future of the industry" as in it may cease to exist, I more meant, well, my future with the industry, as a gamer. No sustem should fail and cease production simply on the grounds that it didn't hit the ground running at full speed. That would be ludicrous.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~