Wii U Forum

Topic: Is this bad news for the Wii U?

Showing 141 to 160 of 268

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

141. Posted:

@SCAR392
Seriously, read my post from before about the "lost/broken device" example. When people talk about cloud services they are almost universally talking about user specific data rather than paid content. Being able to push photos/documents/appointments/contacts/app-data to a server somewhere so you can pull it down to a different device later. It's the same for every cloud service worth its salt. Hell, look at how Apple launched iCloud:

.... to say that style of service is purely about a way to share licences between different devices kinda misses the point I think. Also it's worth noting that Nintendo is already pulling a fair amount of user data to their servers. It's just at this stage they're not really allowing you to take it back and it's locked to one device (a single Wii U). The final step and the one thing that would make it a true "cloud enabled" device would be if it extended to other devices, which is going to happen, and allowed the movement of save data. Then I'd be happy call it a "cloud enabled device" and I really don't think its too much to wish for or expect from Nintendo.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

142. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Hokori wrote:

fact: I like things from Japan. Or is it an opinion?

It's an opinion. Not a fact.

^ That statement is a fact.

It's a fact he has that opinion.

Good for you.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

143. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Everyone has access to the same cloud.

No they don't.

You seem to be confusing Cloud services (iCloud, Google Docs) with streaming services (Netflix, Spotify).

Everyone has access to the same content on a streaming service.

But Waltz cloud, which has his own personal documents, photos, music, blah blah blah, can only be accessed by him. I can't access them, nor can he access mine.

Look at Skywake's video. Apple videos are informative. They should've called it 'Cloud for Dummies'.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Big_L91

144. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

The only bad news for Wii U, is it not getting a multiplatform release of Devil May Cry.

f*ck the cloud
this

Edited on by Big_L91

put it on.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

luisesteban

145. Posted:

The problem with the cloud system, is that probably would mean to a month fee.

luisesteban

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

146. Posted:

No. I was just causing speculation in the least. There's tons of ways cloud could work. Their way of doing it isn't being resourceful... Oh well. If cloud shows up, so be it. If it doesn't, then no harm done.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

147. Posted:

If anything, they'll start adding more features once the facilities combine so they can walk to the 'west wing' instead of calling people over Wii U chat that might take advantage of both consoles together. I agree, there's alot more stuff you can do, but whether those features are useful, if at all can be a different thing. I don't really mess with media stuff that much, but please trust I know what I'm talking about. I'm not stupid/dumb/naive(in this case) about what cloud is, I just don't use it, and for good reason. Like I said, I've saved games to Xbox 360's cloud before. The servers weren't working, and cloud wouldn't let me access my game.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

148. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

And again people didn't get what a dual-screen setup could enable before the devs started being creative with it.

Cloud opens up new options for creative devs to experiment. There are plenty of very interesting Cloud applications out there if you look around. There's no reason to think game developers can't do the same with the tech as their enterprise development peers have been able to.

So for the hundredth time the real appeal of the PS4 is not its hardware specs. It's going to be its applications. They might not appeal to you personally, and that's fine, but it amazes me that here on a Nintendo forum people are talking about a graphical update as the only thing new gen hardware brings to the table.

Regarding the first part, everyone who has a DS-family or Wii U product can experience dual screen functionality. All of my computing and telephony devices are from Apple - what functionality is a cloud-based device from Sony or Microsoft going to entice me with? Are they going to start developing games on iPad or Mac suddenly?

An answer to your final query, I think no one (in the Nintendo Life forums) expects anything else from them (Microsoft and Sony) because frankly that's all they've done with every other machine they've released when it comes to games. Kinect and Move were very late reactions to the equally late realisation that there's money to be had by catering to people who don't play Call of Duty. I seriously doubt a large percentage (i.e. a majority) of either user base owns these products, so why would I think either company has anything more interesting up their sleeve?

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

149. Posted:

Probably a good portion of the 360 audience has a Kinect due to it being bundled by default now.

Also not sure why you can't see them having any interesting to show. A good game or idea is just that.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

150. Posted:

Because, as i said neither company has done more in the past than up the ante on graphics. There's no reason for me to expect innovation from them, whereas that's what Nintendo's reputation is built upon. I'm prepared to be surprised, but it's going to take more than using a tablet PC as a controller for me to take notice.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

151. Posted:

Seeing how everything in this thread is based on rumours and the usual fanhead excitement over not much at all then it would be safe to say never keep your hopes up about anything to do with the gaming industry until the actual proof is in the pudding... I don't see a list of must have games for PS720 at the moment either and will they be worth forking out $600 just to play games that I can already play on WiiU.

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

152. Posted:

Well the thing about all new hardware is that it means nothing if there's no interesting software to support it. Maybe it's just me but I kinda feel like the Kinect is the new Balance Board or Plastic Guitar except maybe both at the same time. It gets boring really quickly, within a month, and then I fall back on the cool little indie games or latest AAA title... preferably one that's not the same as something I've already seen.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

153. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Because, as i said neither company has done more in the past than up the ante on graphics. There's no reason for me to expect innovation from them, whereas that's what Nintendo's reputation is built upon. I'm prepared to be surprised, but it's going to take more than using a tablet PC as a controller for me to take notice.

Yes because stuff like getting online and a digital store right on a console, having a console do more than games, stuff that Sony has been doing with its developers somehow aren't innovative anymore.

Also I find out odd you say that the Or is and Durangp won't be worth if you have a Wii U to play those games. The Wii U isn't even getting current gen games so I'm a not skeptical about them getting next gen ports.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

154. Posted:

The reason why WiiU isn't getting alot of the current gen games all boils down to the PS360 having a bigger user base so devs are gonna release on those first then maybe port later... I would say it's gonna be the opposite way around when PS720 releases ;) devs will make games for WiiU in a topsy-turvy switcheroo as this will maximize profits for the long haul.

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

155. Posted:

Well the other console come out this fall and right now it seems a lot of the third parties are going to be developing for the Durango/Or is.

Thinking the Wii U will be the lead console is just wishful thinking at this point.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

156. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Well the other console come out this fall and right now it seems a lot of the third parties are going to be developing for the Durango/Or is.

Thinking the Wii U will be the lead console is just wishful thinking at this point.

Eh, I dunno. It's too early to say what will happen

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

157. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

The Wii U isn't even getting current gen games so I'm a not skeptical about them getting next gen ports.

...wut?

Call of Duty and Arkham City say "Hi"

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

158. Posted:

Games that came pout a year ago. Where is the port of BioShock, tomb raider, fuse, dead or alive. There also games like killer is dead and Ninja Gaiden Z not even slated for the system.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

159. Posted:

Making a profit from millions of WiiU compared to only thousands of PS720 say hi ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

160. Posted:

That really worked with the Wii didn't' it.

Also we don't how the adoption rate will be for Or is and Durango,

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70