Forums

Topic: Is the Wii U The Best Console of All Time

Posts 101 to 120 of 132

HollywoodHogan

Haru17 wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

PC isn't made by a single company that pushes its first party games so it isn't as easy to list them. But tons of games are released exclusively on PC and never come to consoles.

(Yelling now due to stupid-obviousness): DO TELLLL!!!

[removed]

http://ca.ign.com/games/upcoming/pc

Edited on by Shane904

Friend to all SJW's

Haru17

skywake wrote:

You can talk up the PS2 and Gamecube all day if you want but the fact is you did buy a PS4. Clearly you think the new platforms are better in at least some ways.

I can literally see your logic twisting and contorting; straining to suit your argument. I bought a PS4 because that's what the new games are on. That doesn't mean I think more processing power = better games.

There are always going to be some reasons to go back but that doesn't change the fact that newer platforms generally have more content. Eventually. And that content is usually better because the people who made it have the ability to look back and understand where others went wrong.

More, certainly, but just like there are 'more' games on PC, they certainly aren't going to be better. I'm not closed to the possibility of new games being great, but the only newer games that I would define as 'great' are Skyrim, Journey, The Last of Us, and maybe Dragon Age Inquisition. Note that none of those are Japanese games, unfortunately.

And despite that most of the games you'll end up buying for it will be multiplatform.

That doesn't make the first party games any less good, nor prove your point.

Sure there are exclusives but there are just about the same amount going both ways.

Again, quantity doesn't matter, only quality.

PS4 gets Uncharted 4, PC gets Star Citizen, PS4 gets free games with PS+, PC gets Humble Bundle. Anyways, my point wasn't about the PS4. All I was saying was that the PS4 and XBOne don't offer anything more than I feel my PC does. And as someone who has a PC and loves it I still enjoy my Wii U more.

Get back to me when Star Citizen (lol) has a story. I've really yet to see a PC exclusive with a really great story, aside from old WRPGs that are difficult to get into, to say the least. I mean, I could play many hours of WoW, LoL, or Starcraft, but none of those will be as rich as playing through something like Shadow of the Colossus, and it's those kinds of games I don't see exclusive to PC at all really. I mean, what was the last one, Half Life 2 (which was then ported to everything)?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

HollywoodHogan wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

PC isn't made by a single company that pushes its first party games so it isn't as easy to list them. But tons of games are released exclusively on PC and never come to consoles.

(Yelling now due to stupid-obviousness): DO TELLLL!!!

[removed]

http://ca.ign.com/games/upcoming/pc

I'm not the one who cited a list of multiplatform games that included Destiny's DLC, essentially a monthly update to an MMO, as an upcoming PC game. Please note: Destiny was never released for PC. Not that anyone should care about it anyway, but that only further proves my point about quantity being a poor argument.

Also, the original point that you quoted into was about PC exclusive games, not every multiplatform there is.

And using '[removed]' as an insult isn't great. What is it with the memes tonight?

Edited on by Shane904

skywake

The last couple of years for PC gaming in particular has been a bit nuts. The vast majority of new releases have either been PS3/360/PC or PS4/XBOne/PC so we obviously get both. Then there are the weeks when you go to the shops and the big release for PS4 is a remake of a game that's on sale for $10 on PC. Or last year at E3 where you'd see a game that was "exclusive" and groan only to find out later that it's a "timed" or "console" exclusive.

But even with the flood of indie games and the cross-generational support. Including a lot of games that are exclusive to one platform or another "and PC". Even with all that. Most of the games I've enjoyed and most of the I'm hyped about are on the Wii U. I don't think there's any better measure of what I should call the best platform TBH.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

HollywoodHogan

Haru17 wrote:

I'm not the one who cited a list of multiplatform games that included Destiny's DLC, essentially a monthly update to an MMO, as an upcoming PC game

Yes. Point out those things yet ignore the dozens upon dozens of other complete games on that list that are (as of now at least) PC only.

@Haru17 's posts are truly the nadir of Nintendo Life.

Edited on by HollywoodHogan

Friend to all SJW's

skywake

Haru17 wrote:

skywake wrote:

You can talk up the PS2 and Gamecube all day if you want but the fact is you did buy a PS4. Clearly you think the new platforms are better in at least some ways.

I can literally see your logic twisting and contorting; straining to suit your argument. I bought a PS4 because that's what the new games are on. That doesn't mean I think more processing power = better games.

Strange you're saying that I'm doing ballet with my points. Because I'm here arguing that the Wii U is, IMO, the best platform out right now and you're trying to pin "processing power = better games" on me. Very strange. Again all I've said is three things.

1. I think the PC beats out the PS4 and XBOne. They're all so similar the difference is trivial but for me personally I feel like PC gaming wins out. Because it does. You get a dip in both the PS4 and XBOne buckets AND you get whole genres of titles you can't get elsewhere. The fact that the games happen to also run better doesn't hurt.

2. More modern platforms tend to be better. We get remakes of older titles to the point where people are getting a bit tired of it. Developers have better tools and the ability to look back on what did and didn't work in previous titles. Outside of the nostalgia goggles I reckon it's fair to say that modern platforms are therefore objectively better.

3. Despite all this I still enjoy my Wii U more than I do my PC. Because I personally think the games are fun.

Edited on by skywake

Haru17

HollywoodHogan wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

I'm not the one who cited a list of multiplatform games that included Destiny's DLC, essentially a monthly update to an MMO, as an upcoming PC game

Yes. Point out those things yet ignore the dozens upon dozens of other complete games on that list that are (as of now at least) PC only.

@Haru17 's posts are truly the nadir of Nintendo Life.

I wouldn't know. It's not like you deigned to post a decent or even accurate list of exclusive games. So do keep referring to these imperceptible great exclusive games that apparently exist in the aether. To speak their names would banish them from the mortal realm.

unrandomsam

Pillars of Eternity is PC Exclusive.

A significant proportion the best indies from last year are PC Exclusive (Like Astebreed).

But here is the kicker anything that is only 60fps on PC might as well be PC exclusive.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

skywake

TBH I don't keep track of what games are exclusive and what games aren't. I'm more interested in what games I want to play that I can play. And because I have a Wii U and a PC the only game in the last couple of years I've wanted to play and can't is The Last of Us. And I can live with that.

I'm sure quite a few of the indie games in particular that I've played and loved are only on PC. I could guess but honestly I couldn't care less. This whole charade is nothing more than a distraction to my actual point from a few pages back. I know some people get worked up over this sort of fanboy nonsense but seriously. Lighten up.

Edited on by skywake

HollywoodHogan

Haru17 wrote:

I wouldn't know. It's not like you deigned to post a decent or even accurate list of exclusive games. So do keep referring to these imperceptible great exclusive games that apparently exist in the aether. To speak their names would banish them from the mortal realm.

My last post on this matter, as I don't really care about this issue (I will let @skywake handle it) and because I find you to be an odd person with a possible narcisstic personality disorder.

The list is there. If you read it, you will see a lot of exclusive games. You said that PC's don't have them, that list shows otherwise. There is no difference between me personally writing out a list, or posting a list someone else wrote. Either way, it requires you to read, which I know you are capable of, as you seem to have a thesaurus by your side every time you post here.

Friend to all SJW's

CaviarMeths

skywake wrote:

And because I have a Wii U and a PC the only game in the last couple of years I've wanted to play and can't is The Last of Us. And I can live with that.

You could just YouTube it. It's a fun game, but the selling point is definitely the story. It's pretty standard as far as last gen third person cover shooter go in gameplay and mechanics, but what sets it apart is story and presentation. If you're really hankering for that gameplay, you could just play the PC port of Gears of War and pretend it has a good story.

Most likely going to be a Netflix/HBO series at some point anyway, tbh.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

skywake

CaviarMeths wrote:

skywake wrote:

And because I have a Wii U and a PC the only game in the last couple of years I've wanted to play and can't is The Last of Us. And I can live with that.

You could just YouTube it. It's a fun game, but the selling point is definitely the story. It's pretty standard as far as last gen third person cover shooter go in gameplay and mechanics, but what sets it apart is story and presentation. If you're really hankering for that gameplay, you could just play the PC port of Gears of War and pretend it has a good story.

Well in that case I'm even more fine with missing out. I have plenty of games with those sort of mechanics sitting unloved in the back of my Steam Library. All being depressed about the fact that when I fire up a game it's usually something closer to Geometry Wars than Gears of Wars.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

skywake wrote:

I heartily disagree. While the story is certainly the highlight of The Last of Us, the world and lite survival horror gameplay is also extremely polished, challenging, and fun. Plus you explore the environment to find extra materials and in-so-doing find the stories of the previous inhabitants. Maybe someone got involved in a power struggle for the city, maybe someone got bit and scrawled down their last panicked thoughts, perhaps someone even had their mental health questioned by some rando on an online forum, you know, that sort of thing ;P

To say nothing of the added emotional investment actually playing the game adds to the more intense sections.

Edited on by Haru17

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

I heartily disagree. While the story is certainly the highlight of The Last of Us, the world and lite survival horror gameplay is also extremely polished, challenging, and fun.

I agree, but entire Gears of War trilogy was out before The Last of Us and wrote the book on that gameplay. The Last of Us had rock-solid gameplay and mechanics that I wouldn't criticize from any angle. It just wasn't new or unique at the time.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

iKhan

Haru17 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

puncher wrote:

2015 PS3 > Wii U

2015 Xbox 360 > Wii U

The Wii U is a secondary system... it's not on the PS4's level.

The PS4 is an A-level video game console. Whereas the Wii U is a B-level console.

What exactly is the "PS4's level"? 2 games in 1.5 years that justify the console purchase?

It's no secret that I'm not crazy about the Wii U's library, but even the Wii U is better than that.

Let's not talk about launch libraries while defending the Wii U...

Anyway, buying a PS4 last fall I played Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 4, and Dragon Age Inquisition. One of which was great, one fun, and one was an Ubisoft game. Either way, those games and many things I've gotten via PS+ made it well worth it.

Literally all 3 of those games are available on PS360. That's what I'm talking about in terms of having 2 games in 2.5 years that justify the system purchase. That will probably change when Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight come out, but right now, outside of Bloodborne and Infamous:SS, the PS4 is mostly just a PS3 with prettier graphics and a much smaller back catalog for double the cost.

It's not a bad buy if you are mostly looking toward the future, but in terms of games CURRENTLY out that justify a purchase, it's slim pickings.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Haru17

iKhan wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

puncher wrote:

2015 PS3 > Wii U

2015 Xbox 360 > Wii U

The Wii U is a secondary system... it's not on the PS4's level.

The PS4 is an A-level video game console. Whereas the Wii U is a B-level console.

What exactly is the "PS4's level"? 2 games in 1.5 years that justify the console purchase?

It's no secret that I'm not crazy about the Wii U's library, but even the Wii U is better than that.

Let's not talk about launch libraries while defending the Wii U...

Anyway, buying a PS4 last fall I played Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 4, and Dragon Age Inquisition. One of which was great, one fun, and one was an Ubisoft game. Either way, those games and many things I've gotten via PS+ made it well worth it.

Literally all 3 of those games are available on PS360. That's what I'm talking about in terms of having 2 games in 2.5 years that justify the system purchase.

Have you played those games on PS3/360? Yeah, that's what I thought. I wouldn't recommend it.

kyuubikid213

Haru17 wrote:

Have you played those games on PS3/360? Yeah, that's what I thought. I wouldn't recommend it.

Out of curiosity, why? From what I've seen and played, the experiences of those games on the 7th generation hardware (360) isn't bad or even unplayable.

By the way, if you mention visuals at all in your response as a reason to get the PS4 or One versions, you kind of admit to better graphics being the entire reason to upgrade either Sony or Microsoft's console...

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Haru17

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Out of curiosity, why? From what I've seen and played, the experiences of those games on the 7th generation hardware (360) isn't bad or even unplayable.

By the way, if you mention visuals at all in your response as a reason to get the PS4 or One versions, you kind of admit to better graphics being the entire reason to upgrade either Sony or Microsoft's console...

I want to play the best version of those games I have access to. With all of the NPCs and systems as they should be. Not to mention that crossplatforms will end eventually, so I'd rather just get a PS4 now to play those crossgenerational games now and be ready for the exclusives as they come.

kyuubikid213

Haru17 wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

I want to play the best version of those games I have access to. With all of the NPCs and systems as they should be. Not to mention that crossplatforms will end eventually, so I'd rather just get a PS4 now to play those crossgenerational games now and be ready for the exclusives as they come.

ARE there any NPCs or systems in the 8th generation versions that aren't in the 7th generation versions? I just looked up "x differences between ps3 and ps4" where 'x' is the game in question, and all I've seen are graphical boosts.

Ubisoft wrote:

"Everything you see, whether it’s the fur on the animals, the grass on the ground or the leaves on the trees… All these things are bumped up a huge amount in the next gen version.

So even out of the box, even day one, when we just stuck the code on the new consoles, we were able to dial it all the way up. So as a console player you’re already getting by far the best version we can ship."

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/14/far-cry-4s-visual-diff...

I won't deny that you will have better games in the future because they're build with THAT hardware in mind. I'll also admit you'd be able to get the new games somewhat sooner if you were to upgrade earlier, but...is there a big enough difference that's not simply "better graphics" to entice people to upgrade?

I can't help but laugh though... When the Wii U came out, everyone said ports wouldn't be worth getting one for. The PS4 and One launch and everyone buys...PORTS! Ports of games that came out a year ago, no less! Double standards!

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Haru17

The nemesis system in Shadow of Mordor just plain couldn't run on 7th gen.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.