Forums

Topic: is the wii u powerful enough?

Posts 121 to 140 of 157

AlexSays

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

c'mon guys, you know this has nothing to do with sales or hardware. All it comes down to is brand name. Nothing with Nintendo on it is gonna sell 'cuz Nintendo. Therefore, don't put your game on the Wii U.

Noooo. Don't you know all those devs knew how it would sell before the console released?

That's why DICE didn't make a Wii U version, they knew it wouldn't sell. Oh wait

Well it's not like devs would have to make changes for the Wii U hardware or anything.. Oh wait.

See the only answer is that devs and publishers can tell the future. Why else would so many games (that were in development for the X1 and PS4 before the Wii U released) not be coming to the Wii U?

Psychic powers, that's how.

AlexSays

AlexSays

Oh and then there's this

"it's largely a hardware thing" - Bethesda VP of PR

But yeah, hardware has NOTHING to do with it. People on this site never fail to amaze me

AlexSays

Solado

AlexSays wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

c'mon guys, you know this has nothing to do with sales or hardware. All it comes down to is brand name. Nothing with Nintendo on it is gonna sell 'cuz Nintendo. Therefore, don't put your game on the Wii U.

Noooo. Don't you know all those devs knew how it would sell before the console released?

That's why DICE didn't make a Wii U version, they knew it wouldn't sell. Oh wait

Well it's not like devs would have to make changes for the Wii U hardware or anything.. Oh wait.

See the only answer is that devs and publishers can tell the future. Why else would so many games (that were in development for the X1 and PS4 before the Wii U released) not be coming to the Wii U?

Psychic powers, that's how.

PS4 and XBO as mentioned previously have really bad CPU's. Like mobile CPU level. So much so Physics in games if pushed to hard can easily cause FPS drops in titles on the consoles. If you are really so mind set on bashing the Wii U's hardware the PS4 and XBO might have the GPU + RAM to push pretty textures and draw distances. But when it comes to "next gen AI" and "Next Gen Physics" good luck.

A gamer like you should stick to PC gaming. Super powered games that arn't struggling with code and produce amazing visuals.

3DS Friend Code: 5429-8131-0873
I love Nintendo, Sony & Microsoft - why? I am a true gamer.

AlexSays

I do primarily stick to PC gaming

Now please stay on topic and tell me how the Wii U's hardware has not deterred developers from making games

AlexSays wrote:

Oh and then there's this

There I even quoted my favorite part

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AlexSays

Retro I was bouncing off your sarcasm with my own to further my point against that salad fellow

I knew you were being sarcastic lol

AlexSays

Solado

AlexSays wrote:

I do primarily stick to PC gaming

Now please stay on topic and tell me how the Wii U's hardware has not deterred developers from making games

AlexSays wrote:

Oh and then there's this

There I even quoted my favorite part

Because it's powerful enough.

Mario 3D world looks great and plays great.
Super Mario Bros U looks great and plays great.
Wind waker HD looks great and plays great.

I am a PC gamer too. Thing is consoles arn't supposed to be equal to a PC. The Wii U is powerful enough for great looking games.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

AlexSays

That's what I thought

You have no rational evidence for saying the hardware is inconsequential. It 'just is' because you say so and think Wii U games look nice, despite actual developers citing hardware as a reason not to port games to the Wii U.

Congratulations, you join the rest of the site as far as credibility goes.

AlexSays

Wheeler

This is why I have a PC.

Wheeler

Solado

AlexSays wrote:

That's what I thought

You have no rational evidence for saying the hardware is inconsequential. It 'just is' because you say so and think Wii U games look nice, despite actual developers citing hardware as a reason not to port games to the Wii U.

Congratulations, you join the rest of the site as far as credibility goes.

I would like to hear what you would honestly like to see inside the Wii U hardware wise with a price tag resonable to expect a profit.

Or are you one of these lonely men who sit on fan sites bashing people who love their products? I love my Wii U and it has an excellent future. Ofcause you are going to find fans who will defend the wii u to the death this is a DAMN FANSITE.

Edited on by Solado

AlexSays

That has nothing to do with what I said

I said hardware is a reason the Wii U is missing out on games. You said it has nothing to do with hardware, it has everything to do with sales. I'm still waiting for you to back that point up with something other than 'well I say so'.

Yes, Solado on Nintendolife should be taken as a more credible source than actual developers.

Solado wrote:

I love my Wii U and it has an excellent future. Ofcause you are going to find fans who will defend the wii u to the death this is a DAMN FANSITE.

So you're admittedly one of those people

Well you should have said you were immune to rationality from the beginning, and I wouldn't have tried to show you the light

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Solado

AlexSays wrote:

That has nothing to do with what I said

I said hardware is a reason the Wii U is missing out on games. You said it has nothing to do with hardware, it has everything to do with sales. I'm still waiting for you to back that point up with something other than 'well I say so'.

Yes, Solado on Nintendolife should be taken as a more credible source than actual developers.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/criterion_lavishes_n...
http://nintendoeverything.com/more-wii-u-praise-from-gearbox-...
http://wiiudaily.com/2012/10/wii-u-developer-wii-u-is-a-power...

AlexSays

Which one of those says that other developers are refusing to make Wii U games because of sales, not hardware?

Please give me the direct quote where someone says the hardware difference is inconsequential, therefore the only reason not to make Wii U games is sales.

AlexSays

Solado

AlexSays wrote:

Which one of those says that other developers are refusing to make Wii U games because of sales, not hardware?

Please give me the direct quote where someone says the hardware difference is inconsequential, therefore the only reason not to make Wii U games is sales.

"Ubisoft's Guillemot is on the same page when talking about the decision to take Rayman Legends multi-platform. "What happened was that we saw the Wii U was not going to sell enough of those games," he told GamesBeat last month. "The game is going to be fantastic, and we didn’t want those creators to wind up in a position where even after making a fantastic game, they didn’t sell well enough."

"The poor sales performance means Ubisoft is not eager to work on a sequel, and their experience even fed into the decision to change the promising Rayman Legends from a Wii U exclusive to a multi platform title, Guillemot said.

Industry watchers have been worrying about continuing third-party support for the Wii U even before EA announced this year's Madden would not be coming to the system. Now, there are more signs that EA and other third-party publishers are increasingly reluctant to devote significant resources to the stalling system.
"We must find a way to ensure the creativity of those games could have a big enough audience," Guillemot told GamesIndustry. "We hope it will take off. At the moment, we've said 'let's do through Christmas and see where we are from there.'"

Edited on by Solado

AlexSays

You seem to be skipping around to different points, just to avoid admitting you said something dumb.

An instance of a game not coming because of sales does not mean EVERY game not coming is due to sales. Likewise, hardware isn't the reason for EVERY game not coming.

You wrongly said hardware is NEVER the reason, and I cited a direct source that proved you wrong. Please show me a direct quote from a developer saying that the hardware is inconsequential and sales are the ONLY reason for any game.

AlexSays

Solado

AlexSays wrote:

You seem to be skipping around to different points, just to avoid admitting you said something dumb.

An instance of a game not coming because of sales does not mean EVERY game not coming is due to sales. Likewise, hardware isn't the reason for EVERY game not coming.

You wrongly said hardware is NEVER the reason, and I cited a direct source that proved you wrong. Please show me a direct quote from a developer saying that the hardware is inconsequential and sales are the ONLY reason for any game.

Hardware isn't the reason its the lack of units in homes.

AlexSays

Solado wrote:

So every developer that claims otherwise is just wrong and you are right?

AlexSays

AlexSays

Ignoring the fact, multiplats were skipping the Wii U before the Wii U even released, rendering sales irrelevant.

AlexSays

Solado

AlexSays wrote:

Solado wrote:

So every developer that claims otherwise is just wrong and you are right?

Exactly, I know what I know about hardware. The Wii U can support any PS4/XBO game with a reduced resolution / reduced textres. The CPU in the Wii U can handle any AI, physics and event the others can handle.

AlexSays

lol ok. well the good news is that you'll fit right in on this site.

Enjoy your stay

For any particular astute members on this site, I know his claim of the Wii U being able to 'handle' X1/PS4 games is irrelevant to developers not wanting to port games due to hardware reasons, but there's no progress to be had here. lol

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.