Wii U Forum

Topic: Is the new update the one that is supposed to end freezing? [edit: guess not!]

Showing 101 to 120 of 122

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

101. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

DUDOD (DUD of DEATH)

Can you please stop? I'm no mod, but please, these systems aren't "duds" unless they have a bigger problem like gamepad screen scratches or something like that... It's the firmware for the system, and the update has reportively made things a little better, not perfect, but better.

I think it'll be fixed a bit more when we get the TVii update, as that's gonna require a reworking of the system. Also turning off online seems to remove all problems on the wii U, as well as going into wii mode. (I had 5 crashes on my wii U menu and games, but over the 35 hours I spent on wii mode, no crashes)

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Reef7009

102. Posted:

What are those ugly creatures in fairytales again...? in fact i truly believe some of the posts in this thread are sailing close to harassment and humiliation towards users who are genuinely trying to dicuss and get to the bottom of an important issue. There is every chance that this IS software related , so to keep annoying other users with childish comments and LOL's etc is defeating the object of this thread entirely. Maybe BD can comment here?

Edited on by Reef7009

Reef7009

AuthorMessage

MAB

103. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

DUDOD (DUD of DEATH)

Can you please stop? I'm no mod, but please, these systems aren't "duds" unless they have a bigger problem like gamepad screen scratches or something like that... It's the firmware for the system, and the update has reportively made things a little better, not perfect, but better.

I think it'll be fixed a bit more when we get the TVii update, as that's gonna require a reworking of the system. Also turning off online seems to remove all problems on the wii U, as well as going into wii mode. (I had 5 crashes on my wii U menu and games, but over the 35 hours I spent on wii mode, no crashes)

I haven't noticed any difference with the new firmware because my system has been working fine... Even the loading speed is still the same.

GOBLINS ;)

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

104. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

DUDOD (DUD of DEATH)

I haven't noticed any difference with the new firmware because my system has been working fine... Even the loading speed is still the same.

GOBLINS ;)

Not on my end. I haven't had much crashes with the friends list, and the Eshop loads MUCH, MUCH faster than before. (Took 3 minutes before)

AuthorMessage

MAB

105. Posted:

Mine has only been taking 20 -30 seconds to load games and apps straight out of the box mate so I think there is more of a problem with your hardware TBH.

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

106. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Mine has only been taking 20 -30 seconds to load games and apps straight out of the box mate so I think there is more of a problem with your hardware TBH.

Not really, others have been having the same issue. But if you are in Europe/AU that's another story...

AuthorMessage

Reef7009

107. Posted:

Does the PS3 and 360 not freeze? Yes. Are they DUD's ? NO. Ive nothing more to say in this thread. Its silly. Its targeted for some strange reason. Bye

Reef7009

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

108. Posted:

Ya this thread is old... The update fixed most issues if you were having them from what I've heard, and has made the console work better overall. The Wii U doesn't even freeze as much as PS/Xbox.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

MAB

109. Posted:

THE END

(Credits roll)

AuthorMessage

skywake

110. Posted:

The funny thing is my Wii U hangs and freezes a lot less than my launch Wii does. It also loads games a lot, lot faster. To the point that even with the Wii Mode and other menus before it's probably quicker to start playing a Wii game on my Wii U than my Wii.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

111. Posted:

Skylanders: Giants froze again this morning. Weird. It made a very high pitched noise and was locked up(yet I could turn off the GamePad display). It's only the second time I've had a lockup, but I do hope Nintendo fix this soon because if the launch owners with systems it occurs on get shafted...

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

ShadJV

112. Posted:

Before the update, I had three freezes, all in Nintendo Land (Mario U and Miiverse never froze on me). Since the update I've been playing a lot more and not a single freeze. It's possible freezing tha others are experiencing are from a different problem. I doubt it's the servers because then EVERYONE should have the freezing, and I highly doubt it's hardware because turning off the internet features seems to help people. That leaves two possibilities: either it has something to do with a user's Internet (either the modem or the provider), or it is firmware (firmware problems may only manifest for some users due to quite a few factors). If it's the firmware, you just have to wait for Nintendo to fix it. If it's Internet related, well they can't do anything and you may need to troubleshoot a bit. I'd say a call to Nintendo might be worth it, see if they plan another patch for it.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

113. Posted:

It's not consistent and only happened once since that last update, so I'm not fretting about it. If it does happen again I'll try using a Wii Remote to turn the machine off - that's a good idea.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

nocode

114. Posted:

Well its been about a week since firmware 2.1.0 was released...and at the risk of completely jinxing myself i'd say my console is now working perfectly. I had 3 freezes in 2 days prior to 2.1.0... 1 in Nintendo Land launching Donkey Kong's Crash Course, and 2 in Mario U (Once just after beating world one's castle and second time while the game was paused. Both times I was connected to the internet. I avoided more freezing once I removed my internet connection.

Now after 2.1.0 I've had my console turned on all day every day with a constant connection to the internet and played both Nintendo Land and Mario U for several hours, no problems. I've got ALL languages enabled in Nintendo Land and Miiverse, and all Miiverse options in Mario turned on. I've let the system sit idle for hours during the day without issue. I've also let it sit idle in Nintendo Land too ...randomly loading up games throughout the day...no problems.

As a side note, I never had any issues with freezing while a game was loading, or any freezing in the OS/apps before or after the latest firmware.

My setup:
I use a Linksys E1200 Wireless-N Router. In the router config, I've set the Wii U up with a static IP and manually configured the Wii U to it. I haven't done any testing with the Wii U set to dynamically find an IP however... so I'm not saying this is a solution to anything... just giving my setup details.

There are also QOS (Quality of Service) settings available in this router that give performance priority to a specific device. I've set the Wii U to be higher priority than any other device in my house so it always gets the best internet speed possible.

Hate to see others are still having problems. I'm still in the camp that says if you are still having issues call Nintendo and at least make them aware of it... OR replace the console.

Cheers.

nocode

3DS Friend Code: 0087-2314-1034 | Nintendo Network ID: nocode

AuthorMessage

Treverend

115. Posted:

As some of you know, I sent my Wii U in because of the freezing and to my surprise they didn't just fix my current one, they are sending me a brand new Wii U. :O Wasn't expecting that.

Proud black Wii U owner. :)
Favorite game series: The Legend of Zelda

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4692-4399 | Nintendo Network ID: Treverend

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

116. Posted:

They probably just don't want to deal with fixing it, especially when it's so new and are trying to just get the console out fast. Once sales slow down, they'll start doing repairs on individual parts to save money. Until then, your first Wii U will be in the 'failed launch console' bin, until they scrap it for parts, to save another unfortunate pesrons Wii U in the future.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Treverend

117. Posted:

Yeah my old one was a 100 model and this ones serial code starts with 400, so it must be a few batches newer.

Proud black Wii U owner. :)
Favorite game series: The Legend of Zelda

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4692-4399 | Nintendo Network ID: Treverend

AuthorMessage

skywake

118. Posted:

Mine hasn't frozen once during games since the update and the fact that people who had regular problems report the same is good news. However it has now "infinitely" looped loading screens twice and it didn't do that once before the update. The breaking during loading times is the sort of bug that does happen when you try to shave time off loading. So there's obviously a relation between the two.

Good chance the next update will fix that bug that was introduced by the most recent update.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Reef7009

119. Posted:

I said i wouldnt comment on this further , but i had to get this in....I have not had any further freezes either this past week. Either in nintendoland or in menus , on or off-line.

Reef7009

AuthorMessage

antipop621

120. Posted:

Treverend wrote:

As some of you know, I sent my Wii U in because of the freezing and to my surprise they didn't just fix my current one, they are sending me a brand new Wii U. :O Wasn't expecting that.

what about your save data?

antipop621