Forums

Topic: Is the 200cc mode in mario kart preparing people for a new F zero?

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

DjLewe78

My freind said this to me after we played kart on 200cc for a while and i though, "thats not a bad shout".
A new F zero will obviously be a more serious, and faster paced game, but hopefully will have similar online races and structure that mario kart has!
Its not a mega important post but what do you think about it?

1 up !

Grumblevolcano

No, I don't think it's preparing us for a new F-Zero but rather that the Mario Kart 8 style of Mario Kart is replacing F-Zero.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

Is photo mode in Infamous readying us for a new Pokemon Snap!?!

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CaviarMeths

I don't think you can logically connect the two, no. If Mario Kart 8 is priming you for anything, it's Mario Kart 9. Or more DLC.

But hey, Fast Racing Neo.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Zanark

Probably the other way around. 200CC makes a new f-zero even less relevant.

Friend code: 1934-1399-5355

Bolt_Strike

Yeah, I think they think that Mario Kart completely eclipses F-Zero (in terms of sales, popularity, AND gameplay) and it'd be more worth it to incorporate as much from F-Zero as possible into MK8 than make an entire game of it.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

iKhan

Nope. Miyamoto said recently that they would do another F-zero if they can come up with a new way to play it (i.e. a new hardware idea). This suggests that they are not working on it, and they probably wont until the next gen.

That said, F-Zero 3DX sounds like an amazing idea to me.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

VoodooTrumpet

No

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

NinjaWaddleDee

No, I doubt a new f-zero will ever happen. If anything, it just gives them an excuse NOT to make f- zero. I'd buy it, but I'm pretty sure only like 10 other people would too. just kidding, but sales would most likely not be too hot.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

bitleman

Instead of thinking Nintendo is a Willy Wonka factory ask yourself who would develop a new FZero. Everyone at Nintendo is probably working on the next Zelda and Starfox games and Sega said they don't work on consoles games anymore (the team who developed FZero GX died long time ago). So no. No Fzero. Sorry.

bitleman

Bolt_Strike

iKhan wrote:

Nope. Miyamoto said recently that they would do another F-zero if they can come up with a new way to play it (i.e. a new hardware idea). This suggests that they are not working on it, and they probably wont until the next gen.

That said, F-Zero 3DX sounds like an amazing idea to me.

I wouldn't put much faith in that reasoning, it seems to be PR speak. I've seen that excuse before in reference to the possibility of Pokemon Snap 2 on 3DS or Wii U, which doesn't really make sense in that context because there's plenty that the 3DS and Wii U could do to enhance the experience. I'm thinking that "we don't have any ideas on how to use the hardware" really just means "we don't really want to do anything with this game" or something along those lines. It's most likely that they see F-Zero as being sort of redundant next to Mario Kart, there's not a lot that really distinguishes them and even less now with MK8.

bitleman wrote:

Instead of thinking Nintendo is a Willy Wonka factory ask yourself who would develop a new FZero. Everyone at Nintendo is probably working on the next Zelda and Starfox games and Sega said they don't work on consoles games anymore (the team who developed FZero GX died long time ago). So no. No Fzero. Sorry.

SEGA claims they're not outright leaving the console market (apparently they are still going to make console Sonic games), but at the very least they are heavily downsizing. But do they really need SEGA to make an F-Zero game? It doesn't seem like SEGA owns the license.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

kyuubikid213

Nah.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

octoman2611

I do have faith that a new F Zero will happen at some point, but I don't think it'll be soon. Nintendo is having a difficult console generation, F Zero would be far too risky.

Having said that, I wouldn't bet against F Zero for New 3DS (either GX remake or something new). They need something else like Xenoblade, that will sell to their hardcore fanbase who've made the upgrade and will encourage more to do the same.

octoman2611

gamemasterb

octoman2611 wrote:

I do have faith that a new F Zero will happen at some point, but I don't think it'll be soon. Nintendo is having a difficult console generation, F Zero would be far too risky.

Having said that, I wouldn't bet against F Zero for New 3DS (either GX remake or something new). They need something else like Xenoblade, that will sell to their hardcore fanbase who've made the upgrade and will encourage more to do the same.

I'm also hopeful for f-zero but that's the biggest BS I've ever heard if that was the case starfox wii u should have been a 3ds game not a wii u game same goes for pikmin 3 (well pikmin never was on a portable but still.). You want advice? WAIT TILL E3. and before anyone says f-zero won't happen on wii u because of controller "interface" let me say this new controller interface=/=new controller. sorry that HAD to be said! I'm sorry if I come off as a troll I DON'T CARE!!!

Edited on by gamemasterb

grumble grumble stupid fx chip oh how I hate that worthless abomination

Jaz007

No. They are completely different games and racing faster in Mario Kart couldn't prepare you for F-Zero. They're just adding a new cc to the game.

Jaz007

Reznor52

I don't think it's intentions were to prep us for F Zero but there is something to take away from Mario kart 8 alone. Mario kart 8 is the best selling wii u game along with universally being ranked the top wii u game and for good reason. I'm hoping because of theses reasons Nintendo does indeed make a new F Zero game for the wii u in the near future. From a marketing and business standpoint it makes logical sense since they already have a large market of customers who have strong interest in arcade like racing games. F Zero already has a respectively large and dedicated fan base amongst the Nintendo community.
For those reasons I believe F Zero will come to the wii u. Though thinking about it, having 200cc and two F Zero levels in mario kart 8 could definitely be a way to subtlety make unknown F Zero fans aware of F Zero and the kind of style and gameplay the game features. Idk, I just want a new F Zero game so badly. I still own and play the gamecube version and it's just as fun as it was when it first released.

Reznor52

Nightmare9202

Now that E3 is over. I was wondering...
WHERE IS F-ZERO ?

Nightmare9202

crimsontadpoles

Probably not. I dislike the idea that people need to be prepared for something that's a bit tougher as it seems a bit patronizing for skilled players. It's the main reason why I disliked rank mode being unavailable on Splatoon until an arbitary number of people were level 10.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Nightmare9202

Nightmare9202 wrote:

Now that E3 is over. I was wondering...
WHERE IS F-ZERO ?

crimsontadpoles wrote:

Probably not. I dislike the idea that people need to be prepared for something that's a bit tougher as it seems a bit patronizing for skilled players. It's the main reason why I disliked rank mode being unavailable on Splatoon until an arbitary number of people were level 10.

... Ok ... ?

Nightmare9202

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.