Forums

Topic: Is that direct all nintendos doing for e3

Posts 161 to 180 of 191

ThePirateCaptain

@Monkeyofthefunk
You think we're getting 5 barren months? Let me see, Game & Wario this month, Pikmin 3 in August, Rayman Legends and The Wonderful 101 in September, Batman Arkham Origins and The Wind Waker HD in October, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze in November, and Mario 3D World in December. That seems far from barren to me, and that's not even counting the eShop games coming out as well.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

RR529

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Yeah but there is nothing that really jumps out at you and says 'buy me' amongst that lineup

Aww, you must have missed the titles with Kingdom Hearts & Final Fantasy in their names

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

turtlelink

I've been waiting for a new F-Zero to be announced at E3 for the past 3 years sooo... yea. We still got to see Smash so it's all good.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

shingi_70

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

RR529 wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Yeah but there is nothing that really jumps out at you and says 'buy me' amongst that lineup

Aww, you must have missed the titles with Kingdom Hearts & Final Fantasy in their names

Yeah but those won't be out for years.

KIngdom Heats won't but XV better be coming out next year as a big fall release. They need to get that game out their and than start working on new IP.

About to rewatch the events and come back with feedback.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

777nicholas362

NintySince96 wrote:

I really hope Nintendo is trolling us with 3D World. It's not a terrible game, but it's not a system seller and it definitely falls short of the 3D Mario main series expectations. Who can honestly look at 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy and get excited for this?

I can. its like a 3d super Mario bros, which im SUPER excited for (pun intended) I don't get it. how is 64 better than this? or atleast setting such a high expectation that 3d world cant meet? same with sunshine. galaxy, ok. it was epic, in STORY. gameplay wise its pretty much on the level of epicness. this I think is still on the same level.

Hey I'm doin a Super Mario 64 Let's Play and I will do a Banjo-Kazooie Banjo-Tooie and more let's Plays. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/carolebeni30 DON'T WATCH MY OLDER VIDEOS!!! PLEEEZ

Ganondwarf

CapnPancakes wrote:

@Monkeyofthefunk
You think we're getting 5 barren months? Let me see, Game & Wario this month, Pikmin 3 in August, Rayman Legends and The Wonderful 101 in September, Batman Arkham Origins and The Wind Waker HD in October, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze in November, and Mario 3D World in December. That seems far from barren to me, and that's not even counting the eShop games coming out as well.

And we are getting Earthbound!! and new super Luigi awesome ))

Ganondwarf

Nintendo Network ID: Forbsz

IanMage

nicholas362 wrote:

NintySince96 wrote:

I really hope Nintendo is trolling us with 3D World. It's not a terrible game, but it's not a system seller and it definitely falls short of the 3D Mario main series expectations. Who can honestly look at 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy and get excited for this?

I can. its like a 3d super Mario bros, which im SUPER excited for (pun intended) I don't get it. how is 64 better than this?

I'm not going to bash your opinion, but I, personally, never thought that anyone would ever ask that question.

I always thought that 64 was the perfect 3D Mario game and I always dreamed for the other 3D Mario games to follow in its footsteps and be just as innovative and eye-catching; I think Galaxy was successful in doing this, despite being somewhat linear in comparison to 64. I just wasn't expecting the Wii U entry in the 3D Mario platformer series to be so overly-simplified; I expected it to be the most massive and definitive entry to date, given the new hardware. We've watched the 3D Mario games improve their innovations and 3D World just isn't continuing in that tradition. It definitely won't be terrible (I'll probably still buy it), but the disappointment is justified.

I know it seems smart to tell everyone to stop complaining, but, honestly, Nintendo's 3D Mario games are always breathtaking and are expected to be breathtaking; Nintendo usually doesn't mess up on these titles, so that's the reason for all the disappointment.
Of course, it will sell very well, which depreciates the dissatisfaction; for this reason, I'm slowly warming up to it.

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

Safari_ghost

Mario 64 and mario sunshine also mario galaxies were perfect

3ds Friend code 4914-3359-2138

NintySince96

nicholas362 wrote:

NintySince96 wrote:

I can. its like a 3d super Mario bros, which im SUPER excited for (pun intended) I don't get it. how is 64 better than this? or atleast setting such a high expectation that 3d world cant meet? same with sunshine. galaxy, ok. it was epic, in STORY. gameplay wise its pretty much on the level of epicness. this I think is still on the same level.

64 and Sunshine both had far more level and atmosphere variety. Sure, 64 wasn't perfect. But it was made 17 years ago! For a game that's being made in 2013, 3D World hits way below its weight. I mean, did you honestly see a level in that trailer that's as unique and memorable as Big Boo's Haunt? Like I said, it's basically NSMB on a 3D plane. Not bad, but we've had three NSMB titles over the past several years. I'm ready for something different.

Plus, I like Peach and Luigi. But I don't understand why everybody is acting like that automatically makes this game a must play. I just feel like there's a lot of novelties in this game that won't make it as memorable when it's all said and done.

NintySince96

rallydefault

@ianmage1

You seem like an intelligent and honestly passionate Nintendo fan, but I would ask that maybe some of your judgments could be reserved for after you've actually played the game? I'm with you in that I was initially upset after seeing the reveal, but I've slowly come to realize that I can't "review" this game without playing it, which only makes sense.

rallydefault

shingi_70

One of my complaints about the Nintendo direct was that I felt it was way too short for my tastes. One of the main complaints of past E3's was nintendo having less time for a conference than the other guys and I thought the Nintendo Direct would cure that.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Geonjaha

rallydefault wrote:

@ianmage1

You seem like an intelligent and honestly passionate Nintendo fan, but I would ask that maybe some of your judgments could be reserved for after you've actually played the game? I'm with you in that I was initially upset after seeing the reveal, but I've slowly come to realize that I can't "review" this game without playing it, which only makes sense.

No, of course you cant completely tell what the game is going to be like, but first impressions say a lot, and knowing Nintendo's history what ends up getting released wont be that different to the gameplay we saw. You can completely judge the game based on that gameplay, and come to your own conclusion.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

rallydefault

Geonjaha wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

@ianmage1

No, of course you cant completely tell what the game is going to be like, but first impressions say a lot, and knowing Nintendo's history what ends up getting released wont be that different to the gameplay we saw. You can completely judge the game based on that gameplay, and come to your own conclusion.

I couldn't possibly disagree with you more. I'm sorry. I just can't hold a legitimate conversation with anyone who thinks they can review a product without actually using it. Now, if you want to have a discussion about your IMPRESSIONS of the game, that's totally fine, but you need to realize that your impressions have no actual bearing on how good the game is or exactly what we can expect to see out of it.

rallydefault

Geonjaha

rallydefault wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

@ianmage1

I couldn't possibly disagree with you more. I'm sorry. I just can't hold a legitimate conversation with anyone who thinks they can review a product without actually using it. Now, if you want to have a discussion about your IMPRESSIONS of the game, that's totally fine, but you need to realize that your impressions have no actual bearing on how good the game is or exactly what we can expect to see out of it.

Let me put it this way - when it comes to gameplay footage a large majority of the time I can tell whether or not I want to play the game, and about how much I'd end up enjoying it - and so can most people.

Also, come on - It's a Mario game. It's not hiding any surprising amazing mechanics that weren't shown. All it takes is a little analysis; It's obviously following on from the style of 3D Land except with multiplayer and a few added features. There's a new suit or two, as there usually are between Mario games. Its level based shown by the flagpole and timer; meaning we cant expect a more open world or Mario 64-esque game. It's got a few new extra features like going in glass pipes and climbing up walls in the cat suit. Collecting coins will give one ups which will follow the same death mechanic as every Mario game to date, It'll be fun, I'm sure - but nothing ground breaking or refreshing.

That pretty much covers all that matters. Maybe we haven't seen another suit or character that will be in the game - but that's not going to change my opinion of it when it releases. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong when the game ends up being significantly different from what I described - but until then, we'll just have to see.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

NintySince96

Geonjaha wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

@ianmage1

Let me put it this way - when it comes to gameplay footage a large majority of the time I can tell whether or not I want to play the game, and about how much I'd end up enjoying it - and so can most people.

Also, come on - It's a Mario game. It's not hiding any surprising amazing mechanics that weren't shown. All it takes is a little analysis; It's obviously following on from the style of 3D Land except with multiplayer and a few added features. There's a new suit or two, as there usually are between Mario games. Its level based shown by the flagpole and timer; meaning we cant expect a more open world or Mario 64-esque game. It's got a few new extra features like going in glass pipes and climbing up walls in the cat suit. Collecting coins will give one ups which will follow the same death mechanic as every Mario game to date, It'll be fun, I'm sure - but nothing ground breaking or refreshing.

That pretty much covers all that matters. Maybe we haven't seen another suit or character that will be in the game - but that's not going to change my opinion of it when it releases. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong when the game ends up being significantly different from what I described - but until then, we'll just have to see.

Bingo. Nintendo's not the type to just change their spots like that. This is pretty much NSMB and 3D Land mixed together.

NintySince96

rallydefault

Sorry guys, @Geonjaha and @NintySince96, we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Have either of you played the game? Then there's no way you can "review" it and judge it until it comes out. As I said, if you want to talk only impressions then be my guest, I'll join that discussion with you, but as far as assigning actual value and quality to the game right now before you've even played it? No.

I wouldn't want my kid's football coach to have never played football himself or my kid's English teacher to have never majored in literature, just as I don't take anyone's "review" of a game seriously unless they've played it and spent time with it.

Sorry, guys.

rallydefault

KAHN

gotta say i agree with @Geonjaha . impressions are WHY people buy games. people dont buy games just to buy games, that is a waste of money; people buy games because they look good. for example, i will not buy SM3DW because i do not find it appealing. same reason why you (@rallydefault) wouldn't put your kid on a football team where the coach is a fat lazy man who brings a foldable chair to practice. why wouldn't you? because he looks like a bad coach, what you want is a good looking coach, who looks like he knows a lot about football, and less like a pedophile., just like how i am not going to buy SM3DW because it looks like a bad game. you judge just as much as we do. impressions are, in my opinion, on par with reviews.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

rallydefault

0SP_ZELDAiii wrote:

gotta say i agree with @Geonjaha . impressions are WHY people buy games. people dont buy games just to buy games, that is a waste of money; people buy games because they look good. for example, i will not buy SM3DW because i do not find it appealing. same reason why you (@rallydefault) wouldn't put your kid on a football team where the coach is a fat lazy man who brings a foldable chair to practice. why wouldn't you? because he looks like a bad coach, what you want is a good looking coach, who looks like he knows a lot about football, and less like a pedophile., just like how i am not going to buy SM3DW because it looks like a bad game. you judge just as much as we do. impressions are, in my opinion, on par with reviews.

You're talking about IMPRESSIONS of the game, my friend, which is EXACTLY what I said I would love to discuss. But as to your statement that "impressions are, in my opinion, on par with reviews," most rational people would say YES, that is certainly your opinion and very far from a fact.

rallydefault

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.