Forums

Topic: Is Miiverse really that bad?

Posts 61 to 73 of 73

kereke12

Miiverse is like twitter, there isn't alot to do. All you do is post micro words on what your doing. Miiverse isn't bad, it could do some upgrading though...

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

kereke12

mamp wrote:

It's just boring not much to do on there. Haven't seen that many interesting posts either.

Its like twitter.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

mamp

kereke12 wrote:

mamp wrote:

It's just boring not much to do on there. Haven't seen that many interesting posts either.

Its like twitter.

Oh snaps I see what you did there, and yes that's the same reason I don't use Twitter. It's only good for being nosy when it comes to famous people.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Giga_Gamby

Miiverse isn't that bad at all. All you got to do is whenever you see those, "Be mah grilfriend plz!!1!!" just troll them and they stop, or what I do and put them in a video XD Also for the first few days it sucks, but you just have to find the right people to chat with. (Sorry late response)

Giga_Gamby

UGXwolf

Miiverse is alright, if you're in the right communities. The Smash Community, for instance, is not the right community. Any of the shovelware titles for little girls? Not the right community. Funky Barn? There ya go~

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

vonseux

not bad at all ; what do you expect ?

O.o

Let's Attack Aggressively!!

JCnator

For me, Miiverse is far from being bad but it could use some improvement here and there. The strictness of the moderators on Miiverse are mostly attributed to the fact there are children under 13 using it. If you keep that in your mind, you'll have much less trouble on respecting Miiverse Code of Conduct. It's possible to have your post taken down because there was a barely noticeable hint of violation even if thought it was alright. The moderators rarely seem to check any game community that isn't published by Nintendo (unless someone reports a post), which is why certain communities like Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade are neglected. In that community, everyone were playing the arrow game. Also, the warn system is poorly implemented. Both you and the moderator are stuck using pre-selected messages that doesn't help much. If you happen to break a rule from Other category, the moderators will always say nothing more than "You violated the Miiverse Code of Conduct.". Should you need to argue with them, you need to contact Nintendo via phone. This isn't what I would call efficiency...

Aside from these flaws, Miiverse is a genius idea!

JCnator

Gamecubed

I think it's a good idea, but it needs upgrading. Moderation needs to be tightened up for starters
I usually use it when I'm stuck on something to get a quick response or to look at artwork or to look for online matches for certain games. Sometimes I answer questions/help people out if they're stuck or need suggestions. I don't follow anybody, I have like five friends and I have a bunch of followers for whatever reason (and some of them REALLY follow my stuff, it's very odd).

Gamecubed

2Pac

I love it. There are lot of logical and kind people on there....Mostly....

the switch is pretty cool.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6550-4870 | Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

Kyloctopus

If you stay off the:
Super Mario 3D World Community
Animal Crossing Plaza Community
Super Smash Bros. Community
New Super Mario Bros/Luigi U Communities
The Youtube Community
and 50% of the 3DS Communities
You'll have a good time.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

UpdateNightmare

I got rather annoyed when I wasn't allows to post my Pure Chess username in order to organize a real-time match.

UpdateNightmare

Gamecubed

Kyloctopus wrote:

If you stay off the:
Super Mario 3D World Community
Animal Crossing Plaza Community
Super Smash Bros. Community
New Super Mario Bros/Luigi U Communities
The Youtube Community
and 50% of the 3DS Communities
You'll have a good time.

Yeah, pretty much. The Netflix community is another one to possibly avoid.

Gamecubed

UTXGamer

Its not bad but its not some great place for gaming discussion either. A Nintendo-oriented twitter is probably an appropriate description, except you follow everyone.

Mods are definitely a bit over-zealous ins some instances, but the constant stream of "need for frieendzzz plz!!! lol!!" or "friend me friend you" or the always odd "i need friends that are boys"/"i need friends that are girls." If you actually want to get a discussion going you're going to need to be patient. Most of the time you're going to get a lot of "Yeahs" instead of actual conversation.

If you're stuck on a level or challenge you can probably get a quick answer or hint though.

In some respects I'm sure Nintendo is happy with it, I'm sure they know it could definitely use some improvement. Its a good initial entry but they need to be constantly looking for ways to improve it.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.