Forums

Topic: Is it really worth my money buying a Wii U? Or will I regret it?

Posts 141 to 157 of 157

GerudoKing

Hy8ogen wrote:

The only times my gamepad is not plugged in is when I'm playing in bed (Wii U is in the living room) or I'm in the toilet.

Remind me to never use your Gamepad.

Edited on by GerudoKing

GerudoKing

unrandomsam

SCAR392 wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@mipaol
Nintendo was selling it for $30 + shipping, a while back. The high price is exactly why it was excluded. With the high capacity battery, you're getting the amount of battery life you would be getting from your tablet, rather than a controller. That's the way I think of it, anyway.

The battery in my tablet is 6500 mAh and it came out in Feb 2011. There is no way the battery Nintendo is using even for the high capacity one costs any significant amount of money. It is like the pro controllers and wiimotes with a huge markup.

Not really. If the battery really should have included, but it was excluded to cut costs, you have to figure how much they saved consumers by excluding it, but then how much it cost to sell it after that.

For example, let's say excluding it saves consumers $15. That price was automatically added onto whatever cost it would have to market the item, individually. So say that price is $17, now they are charging $32 for an item that costs $15 to make. So really, they only make $10 or so on each one they sell, but that's just a guess.

Consumers are cheap, because they won't buy the battery for how much it would have cost if it was included in the first place, and then some.

Nonsense - The battery in the brand new ipad Air costs 19$ as part of its bill of materials and it is 8,827 mAh. Even the extended one is 4 times smaller. The difference in cost is going to be in the region of a dollar or two.

They always want to milk the cost of accessories.

I was thinking earlier a full set of accessories for one player for a Wii U probably ends up costing more than a PS4 with all its accessories (Don't think the VR Helmet is out yet) and a Vita to use with it.

(Wiimote / nunchuck / wheel / balance board / both types of wii classic controller / pro controller / club nintendo SNES classic controller / zapper). 4 of each becomes even more ridiculous.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

unrandomsam

Just had a look an Amazon and there are dirt cheap Chinese tablets that include 512MB ram / 4GB flash / The Soc Itself / a 7" Capacitive Screen and a bigger 3000 mAh battery. Nintendo is going to have better bulk than some no name Chinese manufacturer. (Be getting more so can make sure it is made properly to its specification. The materials costs will be cheaper due to the extra quantity).

The only acceptable reason would be if the genuinely didn't think they needed it but the more I think about it the more I find that incredibly unlikely.

luisesteban

unrandomsam wrote:

are dirt cheap Chinese tablets that include 512MB ram / 4GB flash / The Soc Itself / a 7" Capacitive Screen and a bigger 3000 mAh battery.

Well, is very likely that those chinese tables was build by slaves, under payments or child workers.

luisesteban

ZyroXZ2

Gingadreadman wrote:

So I've been recently thinking about purchasing a Wii U. But from what I hear it's a dying console. But in the other hand it has a lot of unique titles to offer that I love that the PS4 and Xbox One don't have. So I just thought I would ask to see other peoples opinion's on this. Should I purchase one or would I regret it if I do? Thanks guys!

I haven't read all 8 pages of responses but...

It's not a dying console, far from it! In the end, the Wii U is one of those things that looks iffy from the outside, but once you own one, you fall in love with it like just about every Wii U owner. There's a reason Wii U owners are happy with their purchases: the unhappy ones are outliers for the most part; some never even owned one when pressured about it. Don't believe the negativity, it's been wrong this whole time. Buy one, have fun, and forget what you read on the internegativenets

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2 | Twitter:

rockodoodle

^^^^^^^^ exactly.....

i'm even enjoying the gamepad as a couch companion. plus, i've had a ton of fun with wii u sports. didn't think i would even buy one but ended up with all three after the free weekend.

people are missing out on a great console. their loss. this is coming from someone who hasn't bought a new system since gameboy advance and before that snes.

rockodoodle

faint

unrandomsam wrote:

Just had a look an Amazon and there are dirt cheap Chinese tablets that include 512MB ram / 4GB flash / The Soc Itself / a 7" Capacitive Screen and a bigger 3000 mAh battery. Nintendo is going to have better bulk than some no name Chinese manufacturer. (Be getting more so can make sure it is made properly to its specification. The materials costs will be cheaper due to the extra quantity).

The only acceptable reason would be if the genuinely didn't think they needed it but the more I think about it the more I find that incredibly unlikely.

i bet they break faster

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Blast

Ryno wrote:

For once, I got to agree with @unrandomsam. Nintendo was nothing but cheap in regards to the battery of the Wii U Gamepad.

I luv my Wii U but I gotta agree... The battery for the Gamepad is horrible. It dies wayyy too quickly and I hafta charge it when I'm using it.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SCRAPPER392

@unrandomsam
Dude, you didn't even understand my post. They probably did exclude it from the Wii U, but doing so automatically adds any discount you would have had by bundling it, then they also have to add other costs to sell it and manufacture it separately. Take a look at Xbox rechargeable packs. Those are about the same price.

If Sony offered a high capacity battery, it would probably cost the same, so why even complain?
Those Chinese products are supposed to be cheap on purpose, because they don't even have a brand that does more work to ensure product quality. Lastly, go look at some Chinese Wii U battery packs. Most of the people who said they bought those, said it didn't last much longer than the original pack or the cords broke.

Look at this:
http://www.amazon.com/3000mAh-Rechargeable-Nintendo-Internal-...
Even Nyko has some problems. The only other option Wii U gamers have is a 3rd party battery, and that can possibly void the warranty or cause other damage. The situations you compared aren't the same.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

unrandomsam

SCAR392 wrote:

@unrandomsam
Dude, you didn't even understand my post. They probably did exclude it from the Wii U, but doing so automatically adds any discount you would have had by bundling it, then they also have to add other costs to sell it and manufacture it separately. Take a look at Xbox rechargeable packs. Those are about the same price.

If Sony offered a high capacity battery, it would probably cost the same, so why even complain?
Those Chinese products are supposed to be cheap on purpose, because they don't even have a brand that does more work to ensure product quality. Lastly, go look at some Chinese Wii U battery packs. Most of the people who said they bought those, said it didn't last much longer than the original pack or the cords broke.

Look at this:
http://www.amazon.com/3000mAh-Rechargeable-Nintendo-Internal-...
Even Nyko has some problems. The only other option Wii U gamers have is a 3rd party battery, and that can possibly void the warranty or cause other damage. The situations you compared aren't the same.

It is different if it is ok to start with but using it as a method to rip off customers at obscene margins is not ok. The cost of materials is basically the same to make a good or a bad battery they are simple things.

(I don't begrudge e.g Mugan Power for charging lots more because they are just selling batteries.)

I have read an article about the effort expended by Monster Headphones to make sure that most of the time they fail within 18 months so people need to keep buying them and it is just wrong simple as that.

If the calculation Nintendo made was to deliberately provide a substandard product in order to sell the slightly better one at a 600% margin or something that is just as bad.

Edited on by unrandomsam

MAN1AC

Ryno wrote:

For once, I got to agree with @unrandomsam. Nintendo was nothing but cheap in regards to the battery of the Wii U Gamepad.

The entire design of the console is cheap other than the gamepad. The console has some great games but the hardware shows that they were trying to ball on a budget again like they did with the Wii.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

SleepyCrossing

OP has made their decision it seems, but I'd like to say I'm in a similar circumstance. I'm considering jumping into the Wii U with the MK8 Bundle coming out soon. I feel like the availability of indie and virtual console games really exceeds that of other consoles.. indie games just have such ease of access on the eshop, which I love!

I pre-ordered the bundle today. I hope I don't end up cancelling

3DS (Playing): Bravely Default, Conception II, DKCR, SMT:IV
3DS Wishlist: Kirby TD, Smash, Pokemon AS, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, Etrian Odyssey Untold
Wii U (Playing): Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3U, DKCTF, Zombi U, Shovel Knight
Wii U Wishlist: Bayonetta 2, Hy...

ZyroXZ2

SleepyCrossing wrote:

OP has made their decision it seems, but I'd like to say I'm in a similar circumstance. I'm considering jumping into the Wii U with the MK8 Bundle coming out soon. I feel like the availability of indie and virtual console games really exceeds that of other consoles.. indie games just have such ease of access on the eshop, which I love!

I pre-ordered the bundle today. I hope I don't end up cancelling

You won't.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2 | Twitter:

Hy8ogen

KingKoopa1982 wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

The only times my gamepad is not plugged in is when I'm playing in bed (Wii U is in the living room) or I'm in the toilet.

Remind me to never use your Gamepad.

I always spray some febreeze when I'm done. So yeah, it smells pretty good.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

SCRAPPER392

@unrandomsam
Well, none of us know how much it costs to manufacture and such. Even the Nyko ones are around $20. I was just trying to give an example of how it might work, but we ultimately don't have solid information to say whether it's a rip off or not.

Even if the battery costs $15 to make, they could be paying another $5-10 per unit in a contract to make the product, We don't know, so buy it or don't.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

JoeyTS

Trust me the Wii U is the best system and probably had the most effort put into it unlike the other systems that are almost the same and copy nintendos ideas all the time EX: Wii(nintendo) Playstation Move(Sony) Kinect(Microsoft)
Analog sticks
4-player split screen

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

JoeyTS

Oh and the Wii U is the cheapest so ya..

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.