Forums

Topic: Is it important that every next gen release runs at 1080p and 60 fps?

Posts 101 to 102 of 102

rallydefault

SCAR392 wrote:

HDMI 1.4a, which you probably have in your hoise right now, is already 4K @ 30FPS compatible. HDMI 2.0 is what ups it to 60FPS and a few oher features.

This is why I was saying around December, that I already 4K equipment laying around the house. If I was tech savy enough to tear apart my $400 audio receiver and know what I was doing, I'd be able to upgrade my HDMI ports without buying a the whole thing just for 4K. That's only in the case that I actually was able to get a 4K UHDTV, and anything actually utilized it.

You are correct, they are already compatible and are capable of displaying an image in 4k, but the next-gen consoles don't have the power to CREATE an image that will even look nice in 4k- that's my point. To push out even most recent releases in 4k at high graphics settings takes over double the GPU power the PS4 or Xbone have.

Now, if you're just talking popping in a BluRay or watching Hulu, than yea, the new consoles can do the 4k. But anything else? As in, the important stuff most of around here supposedly care about: GAMES - they're not ready.

rallydefault

CanisWolfred

skywake wrote:

..... think about it. If SteamOS was a thing five years ago and their PS4 equivalent one was last years model would you be still hyped about PS4? Would you care about PS3 content still?

I would, but then again, I don't understand the whole SteamOS thing, and I'm still a little bothered by several of Steam's policies.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.