Forums

Topic: Is it important that every next gen release runs at 1080p and 60 fps?

Posts 1 to 20 of 102

lilman390

Why is it important that every "new" game runs at 1080p and 60fps? I have the SC:Blacklist and it runs at native 720p and 30fps on the Wii U. I still enjoyed the game. Why does everybody make a big deal out of this? As long as the game is playable and performs well, right? Some of the major games on the PS4 and Xbox One are not running at 1080p and 60fps. Why is that a big deal? I don't understand.

Edited on by lilman390

I like cheese!

Nintendo Network ID: lilman390

SCRAPPER392

It's not that big of a deal really. It's an improvement many would like to see be a common thing. I would rather have games be in 1080p and 60FPS, but it's not necessarily an expectation, if that makes sense.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

GuSolarFlare

because there's a huge group of gamers with sensible eyes that know the difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS normal people usually can't tell the difference but most gamers can pretty much notice and be annoyed by it(not my case)
and for 1080p..... well it's already above human vision to tell the truth, unless your vision is really outstanding or you have a really big TV then it's easy to tell the difference(also not my case)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

WebHead

I personally don't care. As long as the game looks good and runs well, I don't care.(Of course, the game must be good too lol.)

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

GuSolarFlare

WebHead wrote:

I personally don't care. As long as the game looks good and runs well, I don't care.(Of course, the game must be good too lol.)

just to make clear I'm totally with @WebHead on this one, when it comes to personal opinion!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Captain_Toad

Nope.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

CaviarMeths

In before that guy who dedicates his entire posting history to complaining about games that don't run at 60fps.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DefHalan

It is important to Publishers because it is another feature they can say they have, kinda like Online Multiplayer, Achievements, and DLC (even when it is just skins)

Personally I just want the game to be fun and run as smooth as it needs to be. Even the slow downs in Pokemon don't affect me because they only happen during the Turn-Based battle parts.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Wheeler

Fighting games should always be 60 FPS.

Wheeler

WebHead

ShadowFox254 wrote:

I do agree. A 60 FPS framerate is a necessity for fighters and racers.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Wheeler

WebHead wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Agree. I don't want any lag input. Also, Hack & Slash games as well.

Wheeler

SCRAPPER392

ShadowFox254 wrote:

WebHead wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Oh ya, platformers, too... See how we just named almost half of the genres there are? It's no question that 1080p and 60FPS is what people want. There's more to it than just adding the features with little to no effort and calling it a day. That's why it's better not to expect these sort of things, but appreciate when they are available.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

V8_Ninja

Not really, but it doesn't make sense why most of the games on the upcoming consoles can't achieve both of those at the same time, especially considering that that the Wii U do 1080p + 60FPS games without many problems.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

GuSolarFlare

SCAR392 wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

WebHead wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Oh ya, platformers, too... See how we just named almost half of the genres there are? It's no question that 1080p and 60FPS is what people want. There's more to it than just adding the features with little to no effort and calling it a day. That's why it's better not to expect these sort of things, but appreciate when they are available.

exactly! "I'm fine without them and even better with." is the best way to describe my feelings about those and I guess it's the same for most people(I'm not assuming, just guesing)

my Backloggery

MrGawain

If I didn't read a game was in 60fps I wouldn't know. I also wouldn't know if my framerate dropped.

Although I did notice that games on the Wii now look blurry to me.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Ryno

Yes, in 2014 and beyond every game should be 1080p, 60 FPS.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Kyloctopus

If you're going to release games like Titanfall in 30FPS, I'm fine with that.
If you're making The Wind Waker HD in 30FPS there should be a problem.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.