Wii U Forum

Topic: is anyone worried about the wii U ??

Showing 61 to 80 of 155

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheXboxHero

61. Posted:

I dont think the Wii U is doomed as I love the console and how unique it is, but I just think Nintendo should step it up and do something to help Nintendo get back on track.

TheXboxHero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

62. Posted:

I think the Wii U will have at least one big advantage, the fact that you can play used or otherwise second-hand games on it and can be offline while doing so. The upcoming MS and Sony consoles will require you to buy new games, AND have to have the system online at all times. How is that going to bode well to those who don't have the money to spend on new games and/or have Internet?

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkLloyd

63. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I think the Wii U will have at least one big advantage, the fact that you can play used or otherwise second-hand games on it and can be offline while doing so. The upcoming MS and Sony consoles will require you to buy new games, AND have to have the system online at all times. How is that going to bode well to those who don't have the money to spend on new games and/or have Internet?

we dont know that yet, but it does make the wiiu and anything else before the 720 and ps4 launch look that much more attractive

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

scrubbyscum999

64. Posted:

The Wii U is going through some tough times but I honestly am not that worried. Nintendo has a lot of franchises and the thing hasn't been out that long. Plus, Nintendo still has a unique appeal that attracts people like me who are old enough to play the M rated Western stuff but aren't that interested in them. Nintendo is trying to broaden its base, with that comes some growing pains. Nintendo is a pretty big company and a cultural powerhouse, lets be respectful and give them a little more time.

Or we can just say Nintendo is always doomed. I like this site because most people on here are reasonable and not fanboys but its amazing hearing people who take the time to go on this site and never say ANYTHING good about Nintendo. It's fine to be worried about the Wii U if that's your position but for some of these people it's like come on. It's like, try not to be too obvious your a troll.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

65. Posted:

I think the Wii U is kinda floating around in similar waters as the 3DS was shortly after launch, granted I think we've still yet to see what types of gameplay styles will come out of it. I've already found with a couple games on 3DS, and my little try-out of NintendoLand, I'm not so sure I'm too fond of using a stylus, and at the same time needing to move the gamepad around to play. Of course it's something I'm not used to, and ironically the Wii remote and nunchck seemed to come only natural as you're simulating/micking some things with it, plus the versatility of an average gamepad.

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

66. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I think the Wii U will have at least one big advantage, the fact that you can play used or otherwise second-hand games on it and can be offline while doing so. The upcoming MS and Sony consoles will require you to buy new games, AND have to have the system online at all times. How is that going to bode well to those who don't have the money to spend on new games and/or have Internet?

Don't throw off rumors as fact man.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

67. Posted:

Dunno, sounds to me like the next Sony and Microsoft consoles are already doomed if they're requiring constant online connectivity.

I mean, what are they thinking?

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

68. Posted:

I'm don't think PS and Xbox will be pre-owned crashers. I'm guessing they will have blu-ray/dvd players, and maybe cut out DVD all together. There will be no reason to go to the store and buy the disc if you can't use it on any other console, assuming you don't have internet being the only reason why you would buy physical media at that point. If you download a game, you won't be able to sell it back anyway. I doubt Sony will let you share an account this time around too, because games will be expensive as hell, and they don't want everyone game sharing this time. You might be able to do the account transfer like Xbox 360, but it will stop use of software on the console you transfered from. All the companies have a similar account systen, it's just how you do it. You can transfer your account from a Nintendo system, you just need to physically give them the system to do so, and they assume it's broken and needs repaired or replaced when you send it in. Expanding HDD space isn't an issue, because it's external, and the Wii U is easy to understand. I really don't care if the Xbox 360 has a picture of Halo on it. It's too expensive, and 320 GB worth of memory will never be enough, seeing as people are complaining about 2TB max ext. HDD on Wii U. This might seem more like a 'WTF, this doesn't make sense' post, but seriously, think about it.

EDIT: I think people don't see the value of the Wii U yet, is because they expect all the services Sony, Microsoft, and Apple gave as insurance to the owners of their products won't be so easily available next time around. Wii U is basically a very simple and accessible HD console, but it has the direction the other consoles are going down. Everything everybody is complaining about when it comes to Wii U, is probably how all next gen is going to be, when it comes to internet either playing every part of the console, or little to none. What if the next Sony and Microsoft consoles had such complex software, that internet couldn't even support it? They are working on it right now, and if they had theor next consoles figured out right now, we would be able to buy PS4 and Xbox 1080 right now, like Wii U.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

69. Posted:

I'm pretty positive this is still just a rumor. The only possible way for this to be true is if XBox Live and PSN were to go full cloud service as OnLive already is, and the only problem with this is there's still a good chunk of the communities that prefer the physical copy, so highly unlikely it'll be happening anytime soon.

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage
Avatar

scrubbyscum999

70. Posted:

DaveGX wrote:

I think the Wii U is kinda floating around in similar waters as the 3DS was shortly after launch, granted I think we've still yet to see what types of gameplay styles will come out of it. I've already found with a couple games on 3DS, and my little try-out of NintendoLand, I'm not so sure I'm too fond of using a stylus, and at the same time needing to move the gamepad around to play. Of course it's something I'm not used to, and ironically the Wii remote and nunchck seemed to come only natural as you're simulating/micking some things with it, plus the versatility of an average gamepad.

If your talking about the stylus as a another game input like the A button I think it's safe to say that the stylus has become standard now. I played enough games to know that when used correctly the stylus is natural and to me a great way to play games. The masterpiece of the DS, TWEWY, shows that.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

71. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm don't think PS and Xbox will be pre-owned crashers. I'm guessing they will have blu-ray/dvd players, and maybe cut out DVD all together. There will be no reason to go to the store and buy the disc if you can't use it on any other console, assuming you don't have internet being the only reason why you would buy physical media at that point. If you download a game, you won't be able to sell it back anyway. I doubt Sony will let you share an account this time around too, because games will be expensive as hell, and they don't want everyone game sharing this time. You might be able to do the account transfer like Xbox 360, but it will stop use of software on the console you transfered from. All the companies have a similar account systen, it's just how you do it. You can transfer your account from a Nintendo system, you just need to physically give them the system to do so, and they assume it's broken and needs repaired or replaced when you send it in. Expanding HDD space isn't an issue, because it's external, and the Wii U is easy to understand. I really don't care if the Xbox 360 has a picture of Halo on it. It's too expensive, and 320 GB worth of memory will never be enough, seeing as people are complaining about 2TB max ext. HDD on Wii U. This might seem more like a 'WTF, this doesn't make sense' post, but seriously, think about it.

EDIT: I think people don't see the value of the Wii U yet, is because they expect all the services Sony, Microsoft, and Apple gave as insurance to the owners of their products won't be so easily available next time around. Wii U is basically a very simple and accessible HD console, but it has the direction the other consoles are going down. Everything everybody is complaining about when it comes to Wii U, is probably how all next gen is going to be, when it comes to internet either playing every part of the console, or little to none. What if the next Sony and Microsoft consoles had such complex software, that internet couldn't even support it? They are working on it right now, and if they had theor next consoles figured out right now, we would be able to buy PS4 and Xbox 1080 right now, like Wii U.

Can't believe your really trying to defend Nintendo not being competent enough to have a proper account state,.

Also the current 360 is cheaper than the current Wii U models so how is it to expensive again.

You do realize these companies have product timelines right?

Expecting Sony and Microsoft to put their systems out the same time as Nintendo is Naive when Nintendo announced their system, a year in Advance and Microsoft and Sony still had games coming out for their system unlike the Wii which for the most part was dead.

For example its highly rumored that the next Xbox will be running the windows 8 kernel. There would be no way to get that in time for a 2012 launch.

Seriously man this is like complaining that Google I/o is in May, WWDC is in July, and Build is in October.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AceTrainerAndy

72. Posted:

Holiday season 2014... I heard a rumor of Mario Kart U, a Mario 3D game, and many other great games being released during holiday 2014. I see Nintendo's plans.Wii was released in Nov 2006 and it sold pretty well in the Holiday 2006 season but it just SKYROCKETED in Holiday 2007 season and 2008 season. Nintendo's plan is probably going to price drop September (my prediction) and every kid is going to ask for it for Christmas and the 3D mario game and Mario Kart game. That is my prediction, it could be wrong. The "720" is going to be an outrageous price during the holiday season and Nintendo knows that so they will probably price drop around that time and kids will be begging for them because the 720 will be too expensive. Just my predictions, so don't quote me.

Edited on by AceTrainerAndy

Nintendo id: AceTrainerAndy add me to play Black Ops2.
3DS FC: 1005-8521-5508

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

73. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm don't think PS and Xbox will be pre-owned crashers. I'm guessing they will have blu-ray/dvd players, and maybe cut out DVD all together. There will be no reason to go to the store and buy the disc if you can't use it on any other console, assuming you don't have internet being the only reason why you would buy physical media at that point. If you download a game, you won't be able to sell it back anyway. I doubt Sony will let you share an account this time around too, because games will be expensive as hell, and they don't want everyone game sharing this time. You might be able to do the account transfer like Xbox 360, but it will stop use of software on the console you transfered from. All the companies have a similar account systen, it's just how you do it. You can transfer your account from a Nintendo system, you just need to physically give them the system to do so, and they assume it's broken and needs repaired or replaced when you send it in. Expanding HDD space isn't an issue, because it's external, and the Wii U is easy to understand. I really don't care if the Xbox 360 has a picture of Halo on it. It's too expensive, and 320 GB worth of memory will never be enough, seeing as people are complaining about 2TB max ext. HDD on Wii U. This might seem more like a 'WTF, this doesn't make sense' post, but seriously, think about it.

EDIT: I think people don't see the value of the Wii U yet, is because they expect all the services Sony, Microsoft, and Apple gave as insurance to the owners of their products won't be so easily available next time around. Wii U is basically a very simple and accessible HD console, but it has the direction the other consoles are going down. Everything everybody is complaining about when it comes to Wii U, is probably how all next gen is going to be, when it comes to internet either playing every part of the console, or little to none. What if the next Sony and Microsoft consoles had such complex software, that internet couldn't even support it? They are working on it right now, and if they had theor next consoles figured out right now, we would be able to buy PS4 and Xbox 1080 right now, like Wii U.

Can't believe your really trying to defend Nintendo not being competent enough to have a proper account state,.

Also the current 360 is cheaper than the current Wii U models so how is it to expensive again.

You do realize these companies have product timelines right?

Expecting Sony and Microsoft to put their systems out the same time as Nintendo is Naive when Nintendo announced their system, a year in Advance and Microsoft and Sony still had games coming out for their system unlike the Wii which for the most part was dead.

For example its highly rumored that the next Xbox will be running the windows 8 kernel. There would be no way to get that in time for a 2012 launch.

Seriously man this is like complaining that Google I/o is in May, WWDC is in July, and Build is in October.

Nintendo does have a proper account state, it just isn't internet reliant. I'm not defending Nintendo. It's more like internet won't be able to do all, some, or any of the services you guys have come to think as being standard. What if internet plays no part in the next consoles from Xbox 360, PS3, and i devices? I think alot of physical media enthusiasts are gonna get their wish, and have it only be that for those consoles. Games are already 10-25GB, and I expect the jump from now to then to be over 30GB, reaching upwards to 60GB per software title. If next gen consoles take advantage of the hardware fully, even bluray won't be able to hold enough data. HDD space will be the only way to go if the games go over 60GB. Internet might not even be able to do that, and will eventually be unreloable of a source for content, unless Comcast can somehow get 200mb/s download speeds with the current 20mb/s price.

Nintendo thought about doing an online subscription service WAY before Sony. The difference is, is that Sony did it, and used ot as a main source. Why do you thinks books still exist if you can buy them for your electronic devices?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

74. Posted:

Or kids will ask for the 720 get away and get it due to parents not caring about the expensive ($400-$500) price or getting it on cheaper subsidise plan.

You guys use the expensive argument which is sort of outdated when you have kids gets iPads for Christmas which are around the same price the 720/PS4 will probably be at launch.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

75. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Or kids will ask for the 720 get away and get it due to parents not caring about the expensive ($400-$500) price or getting it on cheaper subsidise plan.

You guys use the expensive argument which is sort of outdated when you have kids gets iPads for Christmas which are around the same price the 720/PS4 will probably be at launch.

Alot of those parents want those devices as much as their kids. I always got less than everyone I knew for Christmas and my birthday. I still ended up with more gadgets and other stuff in the longrun, and those kids that get those things 'like nothing', can't support it any further than what's in their hands. If you gave a kid an iPad, but didn't give them iTunes cards, they wouldn't be able to download even a $0.99 app.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FOREST_RANGER

76. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

You guys use the expensive argument which is sort of outdated when you have kids gets iPads for Christmas which are around the same price the 720/PS4 will probably be at launch.

Considering that the parents had already spent lots of money on a more-practical iDevice that does many things in a convenient manner (not to mention cheap games and apps), they would seem less likely to get a console priced at $500+. It doesn't help that games will cost from $10-$60+. So, yeah. Consoles should still be a reasonable price :P

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chomposaur

77. Posted:

"Nintendo does have a proper account state" heh good one, was that a joke ? or was you being serious ? Lol

Disclaimer: "All opinions are my own, please do not get offended by what i have to say"

Nintendo ID :JogurtTheYogurt FC :2294-4103-5306

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

78. Posted:

Well most peoople don't mind using the lite versions. That and a lot of these kids already with IOS devices and can use those apps on the iPad as well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

79. Posted:

JogurtTheYogurt wrote:

"Nintendo does have a proper account state" heh good one, was that a joke ? or was you being serious ? Lol

You forgot the, 'it's just not internet reliant' part.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

80. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Well most peoople don't mind using the lite versions. That and a lot of these kids already with IOS devices and can use those apps on the iPad as well.

My cousin has an iPhone 4S, and she uses it for texting and calls, just like a regular phone. The lite versions of the apps suck, unless you're easily ammused. Even the paid apps suck alot of the time. I would rather get a Microsoft Surface since it can basically function as a regular PC. It's a hell of a lot more expensive, but at least ot has actual software. Not to mention USB ports, and an actually good OS. Once iPad runs Mtn. Lion, I'll go get one. Or if they still keep it looking the way it is with app channels, but have actual software instead of apps.

$¢@®³’²