Wii U Forum

Topic: Is a Wii U the right choice for me?

Showing 41 to 50 of 50

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

41. Posted:

@rockodoodle For what it's worth, the original poster still seems to have an XBOX 360, and most of the games you listed are also on the 360 (and in most cases, superior on the 360. Even Need For Speed, a game optimized for Wii U, is arguably better on the 360, since one can organize games much more easily on that system. Also, analogue triggers. Still, off-TV play is great, although for that game in particular it is a bit much in my opinion, as I own it on Wii U). If we take away all of those games that are on that particular system, we are left with:
Nintendoland
Mario Bros. U
Scribblenauts
ZombiU
Monster Hunter
Pikmin 3
Nano Assault

Now, that's not abysmal by any means But it's not exactly inundating by any means either. With where the current poster is at, I can only really give a recommendation for the Wii U if he/she likes Nintendo games a lot or if Off-TV play is a very enticing proposition. And it very well could be. The college environment would definitely make Off-TV play useful.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

42. Posted:

PokeTune wrote:

If you know for sure your gonna need some 3rd party lovin' then don't even bother with a Wii U at this point.

No one knows exactly what will happen between now and the beginning of next year, so I don't see how you can say that.

The Wii U could sell gangbusters, and 3rd parties will put stuff on the eShop, like hotcakes.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rockodoodle

43. Posted:

I've read NFS is better on the Wii U. Anyway, there's going be a lot more coming out in the next six months- at least a dozen worth getting. XBone and PS4 will have their own issues at release. He said he really doesn't have time to play that many games anyway.

moomoo wrote:

@rockodoodle For what it's worth, the original poster still seems to have an XBOX 360, and most of the games you listed are also on the 360 (and in most cases, superior on the 360. Even Need For Speed, a game optimized for Wii U, is arguably better on the 360, since one can organize games much more easily on that system. Also, analogue triggers. Still, off-TV play is great, although for that game in particular it is a bit much in my opinion, as I own it on Wii U). If we take away all of those games that are on that particular system, we are left with:
Nintendoland
Mario Bros. U
Scribblenauts
ZombiU
Monster Hunter
Pikmin 3
Nano Assault

Now, that's not abysmal by any means But it's not exactly inundating by any means either. With where the current poster is at, I can only really give a recommendation for the Wii U if he/she likes Nintendo games a lot or if Off-TV play is a very enticing proposition. And it very well could be. The college environment would definitely make Off-TV play useful.

Edited on by rockodoodle

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

44. Posted:

@moomoo
There's more than that on the eShop. VC is there if you want older games. Also, Pokemon Rumble U is out.
The Wii U still has the better versions of the games on Xbox 360 and PS3 to boot.

The whole port argument is nonsense. If you have a Wii U, you're gonna buy Wii U version of any multiplat game. Even if they're ports, the best version is on Wii U.

COD: Black Ops II, Batman, etc. are the best on Wii U. Now all we need is the 8th gen multiplats, and I think that will happen after this holiday when Nintendo will basically, no doubt sell more consoles.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

45. Posted:

Yeah, I know there's more stuff on the Wii U. I was just listing the stuff the past guy mentioned to make a point

SCAR392 wrote:

@moomoo
The Wii U still has the better versions of the games on Xbox 360 and PS3 to boot.

The whole port argument is nonsense. If you have a Wii U, you're gonna buy Wii U version of any multiplat game. Even if they're ports, the best version is on Wii U.

COD: Black Ops II, Batman, etc. are the best on Wii U. Now all we need is the 8th gen multiplats, and I think that will happen after this holiday when Nintendo will basically, no doubt sell more consoles.

That's... debatable. If off-TV play is your thing, absolutely. But Nintendo's current online setup really makes it hard for me to recommend any Wii U version of a game over a 360 or PS3 version if you want to play with people you know. Without direct friend invites or party chat, it's incredibly hard to organize games. So even if the Wii U version is technically the most proficient (like in Need For Speed or COD) it's still hard to recommend over the other versions. As for single-player games, well, with the exception of Batman, they all ran better on the other systems. And Batman had those forced gimmick things that took away from the simplicity that made those tools captivating in the first place.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

46. Posted:

@moomoo
I can kind of agree on the Batman thing, but some people liked that. I still think Wii U online is pretty good, despite not having as many features. I only play random people online, anyway.
I used party chat or text like 3 times over the course of 2 years on Xbox 360.

The finished OS, due out this fall, should make online connectivity alot better. We have to remember that they basically released the Wii U with a bare bones OS. Miiverse and TVii aren't even there until you do the update.

It shouldn't be a problem come the end of October. Nintendo knows they have to get online right if they want to attract more people than just Miiverse junkies.

EDIT: Basically, additional features are bound to happen. There's still alot TBD when it comes to Xbox One/PS4, too, so I definitely wouldn't count Wii U out.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

47. Posted:

Go by an Oyua.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gregor

48. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Go by an Oyua.

Way to throw your self in the flames there.

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rockodoodle

49. Posted:

Well, it sounds to me like he's more of a casual gamer like me. He's not going to notices those intricacies and nuances like you do. They play fine to me.

But to the point- the whole reason to buy a Wii U is really for Nintendo titles- there's going to be a lot coming out in the next six months, more than enough to keep him busy, plus a decent selection of third party games, even if they supposedly play better on a 360 (which I find hard to believe to be honest- I've played games on a 360- not the ones that I listed, but t just don't think the average person is going to care.

moomoo wrote:

Yeah, I know there's more stuff on the Wii U. I was just listing the stuff the past guy mentioned to make a point

SCAR392 wrote:

@moomoo
The Wii U still has the better versions of the games on Xbox 360 and PS3 to boot.

The whole port argument is nonsense. If you have a Wii U, you're gonna buy Wii U version of any multiplat game. Even if they're ports, the best version is on Wii U.

COD: Black Ops II, Batman, etc. are the best on Wii U. Now all we need is the 8th gen multiplats, and I think that will happen after this holiday when Nintendo will basically, no doubt sell more consoles.

That's... debatable. If off-TV play is your thing, absolutely. But Nintendo's current online setup really makes it hard for me to recommend any Wii U version of a game over a 360 or PS3 version if you want to play with people you know. Without direct friend invites or party chat, it's incredibly hard to organize games. So even if the Wii U version is technically the most proficient (like in Need For Speed or COD) it's still hard to recommend over the other versions. As for single-player games, well, with the exception of Batman, they all ran better on the other systems. And Batman had those forced gimmick things that took away from the simplicity that made those tools captivating in the first place.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

50. Posted:

I feel as if, to no big surprise, the majority of NL users will tell you that yes the Wii U is the right choice for you as well as everyone else. So looks as if this question has now been answered.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com