Wii U Forum

Topic: Im at my whits end with the Wii Us internet conectivaty

Showing 1 to 14 of 14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chomposaur

1. Posted:

hello everybody, i have just purchased a Wii U along with 3 games totaling to £410 ... i come home pleased with my purchase and i cannot even play one F***ing game because my wii U will not connect to the internet ...

http://www.examiner.com/article/having-wii-u-internet-connect...

i have visited this page and it is still not connecting i get up to the second point, it has connected to my device but not the internet. for those who are wondering i am using a Virgin Media "superhub" and to my surprise many people like me have had problems connecting to consoles, but not the wii U ... i dont know what to do. im not good with technology so i would appricate some help please ... Thanks ..

Disclaimer: "All opinions are my own, please do not get offended by what i have to say"

Nintendo ID :JogurtTheYogurt FC :2294-4103-5306

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reef7009

2. Posted:

Can u reboot , double check everything

Reef7009

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OneZeoN

3. Posted:

I had A LOT of trouble with FIFA online when I had a virgin media superhub.
Id imagine its the hub that's the issue but I'm not technical myself.

OneZeoN

Nintendo Network ID: OneZeoN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reef7009

4. Posted:

Ok maybe someone will come along who more technical than me. hope u get it sorted. im sure u will :)

Reef7009

AuthorMessage
Avatar

xBASSxMONSTAx

5. Posted:

Jogurt wrote:

hello everybody, i have just purchased a Wii U along with 3 games totaling to £410 ... i come home pleased with my purchase and i cannot even play one F***ing game because my wii U will not connect to the internet ...

http://www.examiner.com/article/having-wii-u-internet-connect...

i have visited this page and it is still not connecting i get up to the second point, it has connected to my device but not the internet. for those who are wondering i am using a Virgin Media "superhub" and to my surprise many people like me have had problems connecting to consoles, but not the wii U ... i dont know what to do. im not good with technology so i would appricate some help please ... Thanks ..

Oh ! I have the troublesome superhub too. I hope I don't get this trouble.

But saying that, I have connected all my other consoles to the superhub including Wii and my 3DS XL without any problems.

@ O.P have you connected any previous consoles to the super hub before? I will come back and help you if I have the same problem.

Edited on by theblackdragon

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lan

6. Posted:

Are you following the guide exactly? Is there anything you don't understand?

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

7. Posted:

My friend (who's not very tech savvy) was having trouble getting his Wii U to connect to the Internet, so I talked him through that guide over the phone and it worked like a charm.
Good luck getting it all working.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BJQ1972

8. Posted:

The Superhub is a nightmare. Can you not switch it to modem mode and use a different router?

BJQ1972

Nintendo Network ID: BJQ1972

AuthorMessage
Avatar

xBASSxMONSTAx

9. Posted:

BJQ1972 wrote:

The Superhub is a nightmare. Can you not switch it to modem mode and use a different router?

Agreed. But that's still tech savvy stuff though.

I am going to get an ASus router to replace it sometime after crimbo

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

xBASSxMONSTAx

10. Posted:

FFS, I get an Error code: 103-1001 could not find a network???

I selected my router which is virgin superdud and it communicates with it for like a 20 seconds but it just won't connect to it.

Look like me and the O.P are not the only ones: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-60Mb-Setup-Equipmen...

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Raiko

11. Posted:

http://kotaku.com/5961600/if-your-wii-u-wont-connect-to-your-...

Try that link. I too have a superhub, knew this would happen and followed these steps straight away. Was connected in a matter of minutes. Good luck getting online mate!

Raiko

AuthorMessage
Avatar

xBASSxMONSTAx

12. Posted:

Raiko wrote:

http://kotaku.com/5961600/if-your-wii-u-wont-connect-to-your-...

Try that link. I too have a superhub, knew this would happen and followed these steps straight away. Was connected in a matter of minutes. Good luck getting online mate!

Worked! Love you. <3 (no homo)

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Raiko

13. Posted:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

Raiko wrote:

http://kotaku.com/5961600/if-your-wii-u-wont-connect-to-your-...

Try that link. I too have a superhub, knew this would happen and followed these steps straight away. Was connected in a matter of minutes. Good luck getting online mate!

Worked! Love you. <3 (no homo)

But I did it because I love you!

Seriously though, it's cool to hear it worked out for you. I can imagine how frustrating it's going to be for a lot of people today. :/

Raiko

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chomposaur

14. Posted:

ah i have done it ... wow i feel stupid i got the WSP Password ( or whatever its called ) with the Routers password .. Downloading the update now, only took me around 15 mins to get to 60% .. thanks for all your comments and suggestions .. I almost threw the game-pad across the room like a Frisbee .. Lol

Edited on by Chomposaur

Disclaimer: "All opinions are my own, please do not get offended by what i have to say"

Nintendo ID :JogurtTheYogurt FC :2294-4103-5306