Forums

Topic: I'll tell you what really impresses me about the Wii U...

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

Bankai

Not that you folks really care, because I hate Nintendo and etc etc

But, I really like the new eShop. Nintendo has absolutely blown me away with an eShop interface that is slick and easy to navigate (unlike the PSN that is just slick), and though it's in early days, the discoverability of content seems really easy (unlike the App store). Background downloads are a brilliant automatic feature, and I love that there are so many retail games for download on day one.

The only downer so far is that despite playing Warriors Orochi for 10 hours, and Mass Effect for 15, I can't review either for some reason. I keep getting told that "I need to play the games for at least an hour". Weird.

Anyway, full kudos to Nintendo for finally coming out top with something to do with online. That eShop interface is incredible.

(WaltzIT on MiiVerse )

brooks83

I agree, Nintendo did a good job with the eShop. But that's not enough to convince me the Wii U is worth buying at the moment.

brooks83

Marks

Silly Waltz. Everyone loves you.
The Wii U eShop is better, I'll admit and I appreciate, but I don't like it. I guess I shouldn't judge because I don't actually own the device, maybe I just have to get used to it.
What impresses me the most is the Gamepad. I played a store demo and loved it.

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
I'm not really active here anymore. So it goes.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

skywake

The eShop is pretty slick, much better than any other app store I've used and a lot more responsive. Miles ahead of Nintendo's previous efforts and a lot more responsive than the Android and Apple stores. It's just a shame that a lot of content is missing from the Aussie eShop.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

RainbowCrasher

you know what, interweb browser impresses me.

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

RainbowCrasher

you know what, interweb browser impresses me.

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

DarkNinja9

to me its 'ok' not what i was expecting from the pics and all that i had seen =/ still feels like something is missing to give it that 'wow' or nice factor couldnt even find if theres a demo section or new arrivals section like the uplay app

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

Chrono_Cross

I love how the eShop has such atmosphere. The PS store is a quiet wasteland that makes you want to leave as soon as possible, whereas the eShop is an enjoyable space thanks to its catchy music. Reminds me of elevator music, it gives you something to listen to as you wait.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Jani-Koblaney

CactusJackson wrote:

I love how the eShop has such atmosphere. The PS store is a quiet wasteland that makes you want to leave as soon as possible, whereas the eShop is an enjoyable space thanks to its catchy music. Reminds me of elevator music, it gives you something to listen to as you wait.

Same here! I've always liked the little tunes that Nintendo has in their online shops. It makes shopping on their consoles kinda fun..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

MAB

I played BLOPS last night while taking a dump... 2 thumbs up just for that awesome feature alone

MAB

Schprocket

skywake wrote:

The eShop is pretty slick, much better than any other app store I've used and a lot more responsive. Miles ahead of Nintendo's previous efforts and a lot more responsive than the Android and Apple stores. It's just a shame that a lot of content is missing from the Aussie eShop.

Ditto all of this and make the 3DS shop the same - I for one am tired of seeing a plethora of ever-changing categorisations of the same suite of games. I get what the marketing dudes are trying to do but it still annoys me. And hurry up and fix the ANZ Club Nintendo catalogue - I have a burning desire to spend my hard-earned 2000 stars on a pencil-case...

Ahhh now the whinge is out of the way the MiiVerse is pretty cool. I'd love to check the chat function but I haven't played enough online multiplayer (plenty of offline mp! ) to warrant bugging people such as my mad mate up there... particularly if he's on the bog....

Edited on by Schprocket

Switch Friend Code: SW-5050-7443-2444

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1852-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Schprocket

theblackdragon

We've got a thread for the AUS/NZ release, the UK launch, and the NA launch, as well as a general Wii U impressions thread for those who've played it. If you're just looking to get your Nintendo Network ID to other people, you're welcome to edit it into your user profile or try our thread for that here. enjoy!

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.