Forums

Topic: If you are not getting a Wii U on launch day, what are you waiting for?

Posts 61 to 75 of 75

Auracle

pntjr wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

Suicune wrote:

The 250 to the 169 price drop that happened a month after i got my 3ds.

The circumstances clearly dictate we shan't be seeing a repeat of this situation.

And the circumstances are?

The fact that Nintendo is already selling Wii U at a loss and the fact that Nintendo has said that they will not be doing another 3DS style price drop.

Edited on by Auracle

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

pntjr

GameLord08 wrote:

@pntjr: Well, the fact that the Wii U is already selling at a loss should be the first, unlike the 3DS was initially.

The second is the amount of consumer demand that has been accumulated with the Wii U, showing the price point is something the majority of consumers are comfortable with, unlike with the 3DS' initial situation.

True, but every electronic system eventually has a price drop. I'm sure by Christmas 2013 it will be $250, and the deluxe will be $300.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

Ryno

pntjr wrote:

True, but every electronic system eventually has a price drop. I'm sure by Christmas 2013 it will be $250, and the deluxe will be $300.

Want to bet?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

pntjr

Master_Ryno wrote:

pntjr wrote:

Want to bet?

Yup!

Happy_Mask

It all depends on the success of the first few months. It's too early to estimate a price drop.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Ryno

pntjr wrote:

Master_Ryno wrote:

pntjr wrote:

Want to bet?

Yup!

Those waiting for a price drop are going to be waiting a while.

Reggie Fils-Aime: The way that we approach consumer value is we want to make sure we give the consumer a lot for what they pay, and when you look at that basic model you get the innovation in the GamePad (and all of the gaming options that presents), you get Miiverse in terms of a gaming community, you get Nintendo TVii, you get video chat… all of that is included in the base proposition. We think $299 is a really strong value, and it’s a value that’s going to be strong for a long time.

That gets into another one of our pricing philosophies; we don’t believe in pricing a product and then having to reduce the price some short time later. When we had to do that for 3DS, it was a very painful proposition for us. And what we did with the Wii at $249 and leaving it there for, I think, about three and a half years is very much consistent with our pricing philosophy.
Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/99147/reggie-on-wii-u-pricing-a...

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

FonistofCruxis

Towels wrote:

madgear wrote:

Bass_X0 wrote:

madgear wrote:

I'd rather wait for the Wii U 2 than get this abomination of a console.

Yeah, I'm thinking you would still call the next console an abomination.

When was the last Nintendo console you actually considered good?

The Wii. My favourite console of all time actually.

The Wii U is that Wii 2, isn't it?

It adds the GamePad, granted. But the remote has been carried forward, which is surely what makes the Wii?

The Wii is also my favourite console and IMO, the games are what makes a console so maybe like me, madgear really liked the range of games on the Wii.

GameLord08

pntjr wrote:

I doubt it, seeing as most of Nintendo's big Wii U hits are likely to be making an appearance at E3 2013. That certainly wouldn't precede a significant price-drop, especially with its current performance in the market.

GameLord08

Tsuchiya

Of course every electronic systems drops in price. Wii U won't see a price reduction that quick but eventually it will. They all do.

Frankenstein was the creator - not the monster. It's a common misconception, held by all truly stupid people - Kryten

Back in Black is the best song ever. Argue, and I'll have to slap you. Hard.

Nintendo Network ID: Tsuchiya-U

TysonOfTime

Reggie to ask what's wrong with me.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

pntjr

Master_Ryno wrote:

pntjr wrote:

Master_Ryno wrote:

pntjr wrote:

Want to bet?

Yup!

Those waiting for a price drop are going to be waiting a while.

Reggie Fils-Aime: The way that we approach consumer value is we want to make sure we give the consumer a lot for what they pay, and when you look at that basic model you get the innovation in the GamePad (and all of the gaming options that presents), you get Miiverse in terms of a gaming community, you get Nintendo TVii, you get video chat… all of that is included in the base proposition. We think $299 is a really strong value, and it’s a value that’s going to be strong for a long time.

That gets into another one of our pricing philosophies; we don’t believe in pricing a product and then having to reduce the price some short time later. When we had to do that for 3DS, it was a very painful proposition for us. And what we did with the Wii at $249 and leaving it there for, I think, about three and a half years is very much consistent with our pricing philosophy.
Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/99147/reggie-on-wii-u-pricing-a...

I guess I'm going to be waiting 3.5 years then. Or I might somehow become richer in these next 3.5 years and be able to get it.

brooks83

I'm waiting to see what is in store for the VC. Needless to say, I have been very dissapointed with what has been announced so far. "Wii Mode" to play my transferred games? No thanks. Other aspects of the Wii U do interest me, but not enough for me to drop $350 on one. I will be getting a 360 or PS3 on Black Friday and playing wait and see for the Wii U.

brooks83

Bluezealand

You know Sennheiser in Canada? oO
I had no idea, they operate worldwide, lol.

Edited on by Bluezealand

Bluezealand

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.