Wii U Forum

Topic: I want a WiiU for those 1080p games, but 720p TV says MEH

Showing 61 to 71 of 71

AuthorMessage

memoryman3

61. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

@memoryman3 Mario Kart 8 runs at 1080p 60fps.

Check the screenshot gallery.

Get ready for the HYRULE SPIDERMAN! Coming to Wii U and 3DS this summer!

Nintendo Network ID: memoryman3 | Twitter: realmemoryman3

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

62. Posted:

memoryman3 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

@memoryman3 Mario Kart 8 runs at 1080p 60fps.

Check the screenshot gallery.

Have you seen the game running ?

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

MarceloKamui

63. Posted:

I don't understand why ppl care about this so much...

Edited on by MarceloKamui

Let's play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate!!! o/

Nintendo Network ID: marcelokamui

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

64. Posted:

MarceloKamui wrote:

I don't understand why ppl care about this so much...

Why do you care that people care about this?

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Lan

65. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Lan wrote:

Now you're just spreading blatant lies. This is in no way true at all. http://frames-per-second.appspot.com/

What are you talking about? I can see the difference pretty clearly. Even when I turn off motion blur entirely and slow the movement right down it's still visible. I can see that 60fps is smoother than 24fps, 30fps and 48fps. I mean the gap between 48fps and 60fps is fairly small when the ball is moving very slowly but it's still there.

That's the point...

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

66. Posted:

I'll be sitting just over 10 to 11 feet eye distance wise from my new 50" HDTV I'll be getting in a couple weeks(Dropping down 10" in size, since my 60" is a little overwhelming and a tad too big me thinks) so at that distance 1080p wont even matter. I'd have to be sitting 'closer' than 10.7"(optimum distance for 720p. any closer and the benefits of 1080p become noticeable ) so meh. I'm not the type that likes to sit very close when i game anyways, but it all depends on the genre.

Then again, 1080p sets have to upscale 720p to 1080p, so i'd imagine the 720p image you're getting on a 1080p set doesn't 'quite' look as good as if you were feeding 720p into a 720p HDTV. I guess it all depends on how great the scaler is too.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

67. Posted:

I sit around 8 feet from my 39" 1080p HDTV. The recommended viewing distance is 5.5-8 feet, for 39", I think.
@WaveBoy
The Wii U is actually the one doing upscaling. Even if the games run at 720p, the Wii U puts them out at 1080p, similar to how Wii mode runs at 1080p, so your TV isn't doing doing any scaling.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

brewsky

68. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

The Wii U is actually the one doing upscaling. Even if the games run at 720p, the Wii U puts them out at 1080p, similar to how Wii mode runs at 1080p, so your TV isn't doing doing any scaling.

Wii Mode runs at 480p. There is no up scaling.

Now playing:
Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) | Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) | Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

69. Posted:

brewsky wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Perhaps you are mistaking rendering and upscaling? The Wii U is still running Wii mode at 480p, but it puts the image out at 1080p. If you go compare how your Wii shows games, compared to how your Wii U does(in Wii mode), you should be able to immediately tell the difference.

Also, Wii U reduces basically every bit of lag you may have had with your Wii, via component. The Wii U is HD compatible, so it can do these things. It's not that technologically complicated. It's just showing the image a little better than the Wii, on HDTVs.
http://www.cubed3.com/news/17666/1/wii-u-upscale-explained-wi...
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/does-the-wii-u-upscale-game...

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

brewsky

70. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

brewsky wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Perhaps you are mistaking rendering and upscaling? The Wii U is still running Wii mode at 480p, but it puts the image out at 1080p. If you go compare how your Wii shows games, compared to how your Wii U does(in Wii mode), you should be able to immediately tell the difference.

Also, Wii U reduces basically every bit of lag you may have had with your Wii, via component. The Wii U is HD compatible, so it can do these things. It's not that technologically complicated. It's just showing the image a little better than the Wii, on HDTVs.
http://www.cubed3.com/news/17666/1/wii-u-upscale-explained-wi...
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/does-the-wii-u-upscale-game...

I'm still confused....but I'll go with it. I just attributed the fact that Wii games look better on Wii U because HDMI is digital whereas component and composite are analog.

Now playing:
Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) | Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) | Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

71. Posted:

Hy8ogen wrote:

720p, 1080p, 4k, blah. They don't really matter, in the end of the day it really depends on how big your TV is and the distance you will be away from it. If you're going to get 50" TV, I would highly suggest 1080p because 720p would be stretching it a little. Here's a little graph to help you make your decision :)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2006/12/resolut...

It matters for an LCD always because it should always run at the panel resolution. Otherwise you end up with the same sort of problems as a stretched DS game on a 3DS (But less noticable).

Plasma's I don't notice. (Not looked into it because I would rather not know because I cannot tell now and if there is something to look for then once I know about it then it will annoy me forever after).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”