Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors (& Legends) - OT

Posts 961 to 980 of 2,985

DefHalan

I am glad Nintendo still gives us the opportunity to be surprised by games, not showing the best parts in all the promotional footage

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Nintendo6400

You know, I'm surprised that there wasn't a hyrule warriors demo related on eshop. But then again, nintendo almost never release demos of there own games. Releasing a demo would really ease the wait for HW for the west.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Eel

Well that was unexpected!

Do not read these spoilers if you haven't watched that vid.

though I see some people in the comments saying she's a weapon for link and not an actual character, wut?

lol I rewatched and you can see she keeps link inside a bottle most of the time, oh how have the tides turned

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

faint

Nintendo6400 wrote:

You know, I'm surprised that there wasn't a hyrule warriors demo related on eshop. But then again, nintendo almost never release demos of there own games. Releasing a demo would really ease the wait for HW for the west.

a demo would be a bad idea for this kind of game. just like 101 folks would play 15 min and be turned off. dynasty warrior titles take about hour to get into.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Nintendo6400

You know, I agree with that, especially since you said 101. I had to of played that for like 20 min. And then never again. But still...

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Kewlan

If anyone finds out anything about other unannounced characters, please spoil them to me!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

arnoldlayne83

faint wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

a demo would be a bad idea for this kind of game. just like 101 folks would play 15 min and be turned off. dynasty warrior titles take about hour to get into.

I usually agree with you, but this time not.... it took me five minutes to get into Warrior Orochi 3 (my first warrior game), while the demo of w101 was the worst thing ever done to that beautiful game.... I remember me hating the game for that demo....

I was a lot on the fence for Hyrule Warrior, instead, playing the first level in warrior orochi 3 sold me the following of that game and Hyrule warriors too....

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

Kewlan

Amazing!
Now I want the game even more!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

erv

famitsu scored it a 36 out of 40, if anyone cares (it's out in japan today). 9 9 9 9 - so at least they are happy about it.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Captain_Toad

"Keep it a secret from everyone!"

So much for that.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Nintenjoe64

I was running out of money due to lack of work but I got a new job that will pay me in time for Hyrule Warriors!

I blame the modern hipster mentality of reviewers for the poor reception of Dynasty Warriors games in the West. The genre seems to be looked down upon as though people don't enjoy running around killing loads of enemies in a massively unrealistic fashion. These are often the same people who score new CoD games 9+/10. Ryse got bad scores but to me it was a good mindless fun beat em up that looked amazing. It reminded me of the old LotR games on Gamecube.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

arnoldlayne83

Nintenjoe64 wrote:

I was running out of money due to lack of work but I got a new job that will pay me in time for Hyrule Warriors!

I blame the modern hipster mentality of reviewers for the poor reception of Dynasty Warriors games in the West. The genre seems to be looked down upon as though people don't enjoy running around killing loads of enemies in a massively unrealistic fashion. These are often the same people who score new CoD games 9+/10. Ryse got bad scores but to me it was a good mindless fun beat em up that looked amazing. It reminded me of the old LotR games on Gamecube.

I was doubtful towards Warriors game, til i tried one by myself... can't get rid of it now... is so addictive... mindless beat'em up with some strategy in it.... If hyrule warriors will be only half good than orochi 3, I am totally sold....

Akazury

arnoldlayne83 wrote:

Nintenjoe64 wrote:

I was doubtful towards Warriors game, til i tried one by myself... can't get rid of it now... is so addictive... mindless beat'em up with some strategy in it.... If hyrule warriors will be only half good than orochi 3, I am totally sold....

From what I can tell of the HW livestream gamexplain did I think it's going to be amazing

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

arnoldlayne83 wrote:

I think I remember you asking about getting into the series a while back on these forums. Glad you gave it a try and enjoyed it!

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

arnoldlayne83

CaviarMeths wrote:

arnoldlayne83 wrote:

I think I remember you asking about getting into the series a while back on these forums. Glad you gave it a try and enjoyed it!

U remember correctly... I found orochi for wiiu online for a cheap price and now is a week i can t play anything else...

Joeynator3000

Meh, tried to find a demo for one of the Dynasty games, no luck...saw that Dynasty Warriors Online was free....NA servers closed. facepalms Go figure. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

RR529

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Meh, tried to find a demo for one of the Dynasty games, no luck...saw that Dynasty Warriors Online was free....NA servers closed. facepalms Go figure. lol

I don't know what systems you own, but I know that on the the 360 they have a few Warriors demos.

Don't try the Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce demo though. I generally like Warriors games, but for some reason that one really put me off.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.