Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors (& Legends) - OT

Posts 461 to 480 of 2,985

cookiex

Tons of new details and images came in from 4Gamer.
http://playeressence.com/hyrule-warriors-new-screenshots-deta...

Character artwork

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Also, Midna's role in the story has been revealed:

Midna comes from a different world, and she is the princess of the Twilight Realm’s royal family. On the upside, she has a fairly minded personality. Although she has a pretty sharp tongue. However, Midna’s gentle on one side, but she’s also a strong female lead. Her appearance has been altered by the Sorceress Cia. Midna’s currently hunting for Cia to regain her original form.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

cookiex

iKhan wrote:

By the way, is there any news on a motion control option for this game? Just looking at the combat, it seems perfect for a waggle control

According to the Japanese website Wiimote + Nunchuk is supported so there's a chance.

cookiex

cookiex

Palace of Twilight

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Eldin Volcano

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

cookiex

Yoshi

cookiex wrote:

iKhan wrote:

By the way, is there any news on a motion control option for this game? Just looking at the combat, it seems perfect for a waggle control

According to the Japanese website Wiimote + Nunchuk is supported so there's a chance.

If I were to venture a guess, the Wiimote+Nunchuk option would only have shaking the Wiimote for a command at best.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

cookiex

Enhancement items

Untitled

They appear after you defeat an enemy or break pots. If you pick one up, the power of the item displayed will increase for a short amount of time.

For example, an enhanced bomb is far more powerful and destructive.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

cookiex

King Dodongo has a new design since we last saw him (or are they not the same?)

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

cookiex

The Gust Bellows from Skyward Sword makes an appearance.

Untitled

cookiex

DefHalan

cookiex wrote:

The Gust Bellows from Skyward Sword makes an appearance.

Untitled

That is part of the Fire Rod's moves and the Fire Rod owns in the game

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

cookiex

DefHalan wrote:

That is part of the Fire Rod's moves and the Fire Rod owns in the game

Can you give us your overall impressions of the E3 demo?

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

DefHalan

DefHalan wrote:

When I was watching people play this at E3 the average kill count for One-Handed Sword Link and Zelda was around 300-350. I decided to try out theFire Rod and got over 850 kills. The Fire Rod was very powerful and the combos looked awesome, I was able to kill the final Boss in the Demo with a single combo. (The "booth babe" said she had never seen that before but she could have been buttering me up)

Overall the game felt better than normal Dynasty Warrior games (haven't played a Dynasty Warrior game since PS1, I did play Dynasty Warriors Gundam 1 when that came out) it didn't have any big puzzles to complete but I feel the game is going to have plenty of challenge and secrets to keep people interested. The mix of playing it and watching Treehouse made me think it is totally going to be worth it (plus local 2 player will be a big deal, seems like a game the Wife will enjoy playing with me)

I wrote this earlier.

cookiex

Oh, I must have missed that. Thanks anyway!

cookiex

DefHalan

cookiex wrote:

Oh, I must have missed that. Thanks anyway!

Yea, I am not the most experienced with the Dynasty Warriors series but I feel Hyrule Warriors is totally worth it. In the Treehouse they talked about how things weren't in the Demo that will be in the Main Game, such as secret areas and bigger areas. I think the Boss Enemies are a great addition and how you need a special item to defeat the boss is going to help with the exploration elements. The game was much more fun than the past DW games I have played and the Zelda setting adds some Magic.

Yoshi

^ And that's what make me so excited about this game. Action gameplay with exploration.

I've been thinking about how the game handles health. Does you heart count increase after every mission, a certain number of missions, or through finding them in secret areas? Or after a big boss fight? Or a combination of these things?

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Yoshi

And another question: Who are the other five playable characters? I have a feeling that a couple of them will be new to us.

Also, the box art on this page, look at the girl on the right. I have a feeling she's a playable character.

Now playing:

Yoshi

Hold the phone!!!

Sorry for the triple post, but I have to inform everyone of this. Take a look at the box art. More specifically, the girl on the right.

Untitled

Does that girl look familiar? No? Well, what about the jewels she's wearing? Look at the color and shape. Now, look at this.

Untitled

Same color, same shape. It even has the golden outer ring. And the jewel on Fi's forehead is on this girl's hair.

I'm speculating big time. But could this be Tecmo's version of Fi?

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:

faint

brewsky wrote:

Hold the phone!!!

Sorry for the triple post, but I have to inform everyone of this. Take a look at the box art. More specifically, the girl on the right.

Untitled
look at the girl then look at cia. imagine she had no mask and had not turned evil yet. tada
Does that girl look familiar? No? Well, what about the jewels she's wearing? Look at the color and shape. Now, look at this.

Untitled

Same color, same shape. It even has the golden outer ring. I'm speculating big time. But could this be Tecmo's version of Fi?

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

WhiteNoise17

Nope Its Navi i'm calling it.

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

Kewlan

I think it's Nayru. I think we'll also see Farore and Din as two of the nine characters!
Also... HYRULE WARRIORS HYPE!!! I am SO getting this game DAY ONE!!!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

RR529

My thought was Naryu. Granted, we've only seen her human form twice, and they were in 2D games (OoA & MC), but the blue coloration and ponytail match up.

Plus, having water/ice powers (as she appears to have on the cover) would be a nice compliment to Din & Faores' fire & wind powers, respectively. (I'm sure they'd find a way to work in her forcefield power, but that alone wouldn't be enough to build a moveset from, unlike the broader themes of fire & wind)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.