Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors (& Legends) - OT

Posts 441 to 460 of 2,985

cookiex

Launching September 19th in Europe, one week earlier than NA.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Blast

Ryno wrote:

At least Japan will have 1 game they will care about from E3.

Luckily... Japan likes Nintendo style of gaming so there is that. I really think Japanese gamers are prolly smiling about Hyrule Warriors, XCX, and even Bayonetta 2. And then there's Smash Bros, too.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

cookiex

Dynasty Warriors is very popular in Japan so there's no doubt this will be a hit there, though Tecmo wants this to succeed in the west which the Zelda brand will play a large part of.

cookiex

Ryno

Blast wrote:

Ryno wrote:

At least Japan will have 1 game they will care about from E3.

Luckily... Japan likes Nintendo style of gaming so there is that. I really think Japanese gamers are prolly smiling about Hyrule Warriors, XCX, and even Bayonetta 2. And then there's Smash Bros, too.

In Japan, Xenoblade and Bayo didn't sell all that great so hopefully the Wii U games will do better.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Eel

Anyone else noticed that the Moon was covered in blood?

I guess Termina suffered a terrible fate in this universe.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Arminillo

Navi talks for Link, 'Hey Listen' confirmed.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Ryno

The question still remains, will Cia be censored in the West?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

cookiex

Ryno wrote:

She's been conspicuously absent from E3...

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

WebHead

I love princess Zelda's character design in this game.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Henmii

So it seems this is in a alternative dimension, and many things from different Zelda's will be thrown together. I hope we get some sort of explanation, because Majora moon in the Twilight realm totally makes no sense.

By the way: Watching treehouse really made me doubting again. It really looks like a dumb hack and slasher without any puzzles or depth. And the graphics didn't look that great in the coverage. Hmm, I wait for the reviews. I might still get it, but it could be a real downer.

Luckily the upcoming Zelda U has lots of promise!

Oh, nice boxart by the way!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

CaviarMeths

@Henmii The explanation is that it's non-canon and doesn't fall anywhere in the timeline.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

Ryno wrote:

" - initially there was an undershirt beneath Bayonetta’s Link costume

Nintendo suggested they get rid of it, since it wasn’t fitting of Bayonetta’s character"

well...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

CaviarMeths wrote:

@Henmii The explanation is that it's non-canon and doesn't fall anywhere in the timeline.

There's also the fact that that was not the real moon, it was just a bunch of fairies pretending to be that specific moon for no specific reason.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CaviarMeths

How many times has Nintendo actually censored something for an American release anyway? I know they've done it before, but it seems like one of those things that people are exaggerating. I think I've probably noted more times that Sony has censored things for Western release, particularly from companies like Compile Heart and Gust.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dreamz

I can't imagine that Cia would be censored, given that she's less endowed and more covered than the fairies in several of the Zelda games.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

DefHalan

When I was watching people play this at E3 the average kill count for One-Handed Sword Link and Zelda was around 300-350. I decided to try out theFire Rod and got over 850 kills. The Fire Rod was very powerful and the combos looked awesome, I was able to kill the final Boss in the Demo with a single combo. (The "booth babe" said she had never seen that before but she could have been buttering me up)

Overall the game felt better than normal Dynasty Warrior games (haven't played a Dynasty Warrior game since PS1, I did play Dynasty Warriors Gundam 1 when that came out) it didn't have any big puzzles to complete but I feel the game is going to have plenty of challenge and secrets to keep people interested. The mix of playing it and watching Treehouse made me think it is totally going to be worth it (plus local 2 player will be a big deal, seems like a game the Wife will enjoy playing with me)

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

iKhan

By the way, is there any news on a motion control option for this game? Just looking at the combat, it seems perfect for a waggle control

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jump

iKhan wrote:

By the way, is there any news on a motion control option for this game? Just looking at the combat, it seems perfect for a waggle control

Since it has a two player mode with one watching the telly it does support other controls but Warriors Orochi 3 on the Wii U only let you use the game pad or pro controller.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Yoshi

Henmii wrote:

So it seems this is in a alternative dimension, and many things from different Zelda's will be thrown together. I hope we get some sort of explanation, because Majora moon in the Twilight realm totally makes no sense.

By the way: Watching treehouse really made me doubting again. It really looks like a dumb hack and slasher without any puzzles or depth. And the graphics didn't look that great in the coverage. Hmm, I wait for the reviews. I might still get it, but it could be a real downer.

The moon was a bunch of fairies pretending to be the moon for no apparent reason. If you recall in the Treehouse gameplay, "this game is a love letter to Zelda."

Also, the gameplay is what sold me on this game. It may look like hack and slash, but there's strategy as well. It doesn't help that the person playing during the Treehouse gameplay knew exactly what he was doing the entire time.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Henmii

"There's also the fact that that was not the real moon, it was just a bunch of fairies pretending to be that specific moon for no specific reason"

That might be true.

Henmii

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.