Wii U Forum

Topic: Hyrule Warriors - September 19th in EU, 26th in NA / Out now in Europe

Showing 401 to 420 of 1,521

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

401. Posted:

Koinuma on whether we’ll see a similar selection of wide-ranging characters…
“Out of all the playable characters [in Hyrule Warriors], there are some surprising characters that made us say ‘why did you pick this one?!’” added Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma.

• Koinuma said Aonuma didn’t have any requests for certain characters to be included
  • Tecmo Koei took care of most of this
  • He also joked that Hyrule Warriors has so many characters, that his own staff would get mad at him if he were to ask them to do something similar
  • Hayashia said characters can change their weapons and have a completely different fighting style
  • Weapon enhancements and character growth systems included
  • The Fire Rod-type item seen in the trailer isn’t from the Zelda series
  • If a rod like that existed in The Legend of Zelda, we wouldn’t be able to use it in the same way
  • Weapons and other important in Hyrule Warriors are acquired through treasure chests
  • Hayashi also said that the iconic treasure chest opening animation has been prepared for all of the playable characters

There's also quotes about the bosses being more like in the Warriors series and the trailer that will be at E3 and more characters to be revealed.

http://nintendoeverything.com/another-round-of-hyrule-warrior...

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

402. Posted:

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

"You’ll have to get your gloves dirty to save Hyrule this time." My body is ready B-)

Been there, done that.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

403. Posted:

I found a couple of neat GIFs showing the improvement in visuals since the announcement:
Untitled
Untitled

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Tops

404. Posted:

Not sure if it's been posted yet but yesterday Nintendo Enthusiast compiled all HW screenshots so far. Here's the link for those interested:
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/every-single-screenshot-an...

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

Henmii

405. Posted:

I like the logo, it even has the beautiful blue scarf in it! Everyone seems to love the scarf, and the Japanese "treasure box" version comes with the scarf so I think that will sell quite a bit! In fact, this game could quite be a succes in Japan! That's why Nintendo probably chose to do it! I am not so sure about Impa using such a big sword. But I know that Warrior titles (or Japanese games for that matter) always have big swords. On the other hand: I love Ganondorfs big sword. So if he is in it, he should use that sword!

The English press-sheet talks about "Hyrulean". Shouldn't that be Hylian? I know that Hylians (Link, Zelda, maybe Impa) have pointy ears, while other humans have normal ears. Or thats what they say. So if most of the army consists of normal humans, is that why they call it Hyrulean?

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

406. Posted:

I hope that scarf comes to America someway. Please, oh please! Preorder bonus or limited edition of the game.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Henmii

407. Posted:

The scarf. I would probably never wear it, but man does it look good!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

408. Posted:

@henmii: Hylian is a race of elf-like people, hyrulean probably refers to every citizen of Hyrule.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

woodlin37

409. Posted:

from what i hear this game only has a Japanese Release.....so far

Twitter = @woodlin37
WII U = woodlin37
XBOX 360 = Woodlin
YOUTUBE-woodlin37
Instagram - woodlin37
Patriots,Bruins,Celtics,Redsox and BC Eagles FAN. from the UK

Twitter: woodlin37

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

410. Posted:

The English logo is a good sign that they plan to release it here too.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

411. Posted:

YHGTKM. It was announced during an English direct, will be playable at E3, and has gotten american press releases, and an american website. This info also came at the same time where all the other Warriors games for Sony consoles was announced to come over. ..

It's coming to the west you guys.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Henmii

412. Posted:

@Moorpheel,

I think you are right.

Henmii

AuthorMessage

Tops

413. Posted:

I'm so hyped for what we'll see of this at E3! And YES it's coming to the west, it just doesn't have a release date yet

AuthorMessage

Tops

414. Posted:

Sorry for the double post but is the edited title meant to be funny or do people not realize that HW is getting a worldwide release? Look at the post by @shingi_70. He reiterated all the reasons why it'll come. Plus Tecmo Koei said they "are aiming to sell more than one million copies worldwide."
Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/05/tecmo_koei_hopeful_t...

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

415. Posted:

It wouldn't make sense to not release anything Zelda in the West.

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

memoryman3

416. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

More concept art:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Doctored doctored doctored doctored doctored doctored doctored. doctored. doctored. .....

Get ready for the HYRULE SPIDERMAN! Coming to Wii U and 3DS this summer!

Nintendo Network ID: memoryman3 | Twitter: realmemoryman3

AuthorMessage

memoryman3

417. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

I found a couple of neat GIFs showing the improvement in visuals since the announcement:
Untitled
Untitled

Real gameplay vs bullshot....

Really?!

Hope this stays in Japan.

Get ready for the HYRULE SPIDERMAN! Coming to Wii U and 3DS this summer!

Nintendo Network ID: memoryman3 | Twitter: realmemoryman3

AuthorMessage

brewsky

418. Posted:

memoryman3 wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

More concept art:

Doctored doctored doctored doctored doctored doctored doctored. doctored. doctored. .....

It's concept art, not screenshots, you blockhead. :p Of course it's doctored. Quit saying it like it's a bad thing.

Edited on by brewsky

Now playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) | Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) | Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage

Nintenjoe64

419. Posted:

Did not expect to see memoryman3 on this topic.

I still haven't seen a shot (that doesn't look like a cutscene) with 'great' graphics. They might be bullshots but they're not even trying to look better than most modern games so I don't care that they might've fudged some photos. Anyone who buys purely based on photos is insane in this day and age. Publishers are going as far as putting outright lies on their promotional material (i.e. 1080p 60fps) so it's important to wait for reviews, read the words in the review and watch the videos that aren't too compressed to see what is going on.

Waiting for Japanese reviews, gameplay videos and possibly a demo of this because our reviewers normally unfairly complain about this sort of game and Nintendo reviewers have an annoying knack of adding points to things with Mario or Link on the box.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

AuthorMessage

Tops

420. Posted:

@Nintenjoe64 Would you be able to link us to some of the Japanese reviews (preferably in English) as you find them? I think reading them is a great idea but don't know exactly where to look for them. If you could I for one would greatly appreciate it :)