Wii U Forum

Topic: Hyrule Warriors - Final DLC pack lets you play as Ganon (the beast, not the man)

Showing 381 to 400 of 2,291

AuthorMessage
Blast

Blast

381. Posted:

Man, this is all great news for the game :D

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 eventually.

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
ACK

ACK

382. Posted:

The reasoning behind this news is obvious: to convince prospective new Wii U owners to make the jump with MK8 by alluring them with a near release of Hyrule Warriors. Appears to be a smart move.

It's likely Hyrule Warriors would be somewhat overshadowed by internal Nintendo projects, anyway, which isn't ideal for Tecmo-Koei/Koei-Tecmo as the publisher. Also, since it's releasing this summer, the time is ripe for building hype.

ACK

AuthorMessage
Blast

Blast

383. Posted:

ACK wrote:

The reasoning behind this news is obvious: to convince prospective new Wii U owners to make the jump with MK8 by alluring them with a near release of Hyrule Warriors. Appears to be a smart move.

It's likely Hyrule Warriors would be somewhat overshadowed by internal Nintendo projects, anyway, which isn't ideal for Tecmo-Koei/Koei-Tecmo as the publisher. Also, since it's releasing this summer, the time is ripe for building hype.

Good thinking... :)

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 eventually.

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

384. Posted:

The real reason is because Japan is an entirely different market than America/Europe and most of the big Japanese pubs save info for TGS. The game is coming out in August in Japan and Warriors is the equvilent of call of duty for Japan.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Tops

Tops

385. Posted:

So they changed the spelling of Shia to Cia, or was 'Shia' never technically official (or is it the NA/Western name they gave her)? Speaking of names, is Hyrule Warriors the official title by now? I hope they don't go and change it on us. It's catchy, sums up what the game is and will leave people complaining that they'd confuse other people with a title change :P

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage
brewsky

brewsky

386. Posted:

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

So they changed the spelling of Shia to Cia, or was 'Shia' never technically official (or is it the NA/Western name they gave her)? Speaking of names, is Hyrule Warriors the official title by now? I hope they don't go and change it on us. It's catchy, sums up what the game is and will leave people complaining that they'd confuse other people with a title change :P

I think this serves as enough proof that this is the official title of the game.

Untitled

Now playing:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) | Bravely Default (3DS) | The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage
Maelstrom

Maelstrom

387. Posted:

More concept art:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Most Recently Arranged: Running / Countdown (Smash 3DS), Snowy Mt. Valek (Night),Reviewing the Scene of the Crime (Umineko),
In progress: Not sure yet

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

AuthorMessage
MorphMarronStaff

MorphMarron

388. Posted:

The full official name of the game is

Hyrule Warriors: Name Not Final

Outstanding Morph Marron didn't fit. Woof.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
brewsky

brewsky

389. Posted:

Perhaps those last three pictures are part of a story intro?

Now playing:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) | Bravely Default (3DS) | The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage
iKhan

iKhan

390. Posted:

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

Makes sense. Shia could offend Shia Muslims, a group Zelda has had controversy with before.

Currently watching: House of Cards, Arrow, The Flash, Young Justice (3rd rewatch), Better Call Saul
"P...P...Prepare to die Eggbear!"

AuthorMessage
iKhan

iKhan

391. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

More concept art:
Untitled

Whoa Eldin Volcano looks sweet in this art style in HD.

Currently watching: House of Cards, Arrow, The Flash, Young Justice (3rd rewatch), Better Call Saul
"P...P...Prepare to die Eggbear!"

AuthorMessage
Tops

Tops

392. Posted:

@brewsky Lol the logo was exactly what I was referring to, just checking :P

AuthorMessage
ACK

ACK

393. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

The real reason is because Japan is an entirely different market than America/Europe and most of the big Japanese pubs save info for TGS. The game is coming out in August in Japan and Warriors is the equvilent of call of duty for Japan.

That's effectively the same reason. They could have waited a month and dropped this info around E3, but it still wouldn't have gotten the sole, focused attention of consumers (even in Japan, with all the new game info culminating around E3). The reason to do it now is partially to capitalize on the hype for Mario Kart 8. In most cases they might have revealed some of this stuff sooner, but I believe they waited to build momentum for the summer. It's smart marketing.

Edited on by ACK

ACK

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

394. Posted:

The hype helps but these magazine reveals are usually planned well in advance.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Tops

Tops

395. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

The hype helps but these magazine reveals are usually planned well in advance.

Yeah, to boost hype :P

AuthorMessage
cookiex

cookiex

396. Posted:

Since KT are the ones publishing the game in Japan it was probably their decision to release details to Famitsu and so NoA had to follow.

Edit: I've updated the original post with the new logo.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage
Tops

Tops

397. Posted:

"You’ll have to get your gloves dirty to save Hyrule this time." My body is ready B-)

AuthorMessage
CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths

398. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

I just don't understand why Link wouldn't take one for the team and be Cia's lover and just prevent her from getting all jealous of Zelda and creating the whole mess.

Cia is a total bunny boiler. Would not recommend.

What is this ominous light that threatens to engulf me?!

AuthorMessage
NintyMan

NintyMan

399. Posted:

Koinuma on whether we’ll see a similar selection of wide-ranging characters…
“Out of all the playable characters [in Hyrule Warriors], there are some surprising characters that made us say ‘why did you pick this one?!’” added Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma.

• Koinuma said Aonuma didn’t have any requests for certain characters to be included
  • Tecmo Koei took care of most of this
  • He also joked that Hyrule Warriors has so many characters, that his own staff would get mad at him if he were to ask them to do something similar
  • Hayashia said characters can change their weapons and have a completely different fighting style
  • Weapon enhancements and character growth systems included
  • The Fire Rod-type item seen in the trailer isn’t from the Zelda series
  • If a rod like that existed in The Legend of Zelda, we wouldn’t be able to use it in the same way
  • Weapons and other important in Hyrule Warriors are acquired through treasure chests
  • Hayashi also said that the iconic treasure chest opening animation has been prepared for all of the playable characters

There's also quotes about the bosses being more like in the Warriors series and the trailer that will be at E3 and more characters to be revealed.

http://nintendoeverything.com/another-round-of-hyrule-warrior...

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
MorphMarronStaff

MorphMarron

400. Posted:

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

"You’ll have to get your gloves dirty to save Hyrule this time." My body is ready B-)

Been there, done that.

Outstanding Morph Marron didn't fit. Woof.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok