Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors (& Legends) - OT

Posts 361 to 380 of 2,985

Ryno

Spuratis wrote:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

That artwork is CLEARLY doctored.

Sweet logo. It's a little odd to me that they'd release this much information this soon before E3 though...

Maybe Nintendo just needs more time and space to reveal all the other awesome stuff they have in store? I thought it was kind of strange they'd be releasing all this info so close to E3 as well. Obviously they're saving a trailer for that though.

A lot of companies seem to be releasing info pre E3 that is of the cool, but more so expected news. I hope E3 is is where some Bob-omb's are dropped.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Eel

I wouldn't mind if they gave her some more armor to protect the sensitive parts of her chest.

You know, that huge skin spot screams weak point.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ryno

I just don't understand why Link wouldn't take one for the team and be Cia's lover and just prevent her from getting all jealous of Zelda and creating the whole mess.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Blast

Man, this is all great news for the game

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

ACK

The reasoning behind this news is obvious: to convince prospective new Wii U owners to make the jump with MK8 by alluring them with a near release of Hyrule Warriors. Appears to be a smart move.

It's likely Hyrule Warriors would be somewhat overshadowed by internal Nintendo projects, anyway, which isn't ideal for Tecmo-Koei/Koei-Tecmo as the publisher. Also, since it's releasing this summer, the time is ripe for building hype.

ACK

Twitter:

Blast

ACK wrote:

The reasoning behind this news is obvious: to convince prospective new Wii U owners to make the jump with MK8 by alluring them with a near release of Hyrule Warriors. Appears to be a smart move.

It's likely Hyrule Warriors would be somewhat overshadowed by internal Nintendo projects, anyway, which isn't ideal for Tecmo-Koei/Koei-Tecmo as the publisher. Also, since it's releasing this summer, the time is ripe for building hype.

Good thinking...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shingi_70

The real reason is because Japan is an entirely different market than America/Europe and most of the big Japanese pubs save info for TGS. The game is coming out in August in Japan and Warriors is the equvilent of call of duty for Japan.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Yoshi

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

So they changed the spelling of Shia to Cia, or was 'Shia' never technically official (or is it the NA/Western name they gave her)? Speaking of names, is Hyrule Warriors the official title by now? I hope they don't go and change it on us. It's catchy, sums up what the game is and will leave people complaining that they'd confuse other people with a title change

I think this serves as enough proof that this is the official title of the game.

Untitled

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Yoshi

Perhaps those last three pictures are part of a story intro?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

iKhan

TopLaytonsHat wrote:

So they changed the spelling of Shia to Cia, or was 'Shia' never technically official (or is it the NA/Western name they gave her)? Speaking of names, is Hyrule Warriors the official title by now? I hope they don't go and change it on us. It's catchy, sums up what the game is and will leave people complaining that they'd confuse other people with a title change

Makes sense. Shia could offend Shia Muslims, a group Zelda has had controversy with before.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

Maelstrom wrote:

More concept art:
Untitled

Whoa Eldin Volcano looks sweet in this art style in HD.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

ACK

shingi_70 wrote:

The real reason is because Japan is an entirely different market than America/Europe and most of the big Japanese pubs save info for TGS. The game is coming out in August in Japan and Warriors is the equvilent of call of duty for Japan.

That's effectively the same reason. They could have waited a month and dropped this info around E3, but it still wouldn't have gotten the sole, focused attention of consumers (even in Japan, with all the new game info culminating around E3). The reason to do it now is partially to capitalize on the hype for Mario Kart 8. In most cases they might have revealed some of this stuff sooner, but I believe they waited to build momentum for the summer. It's smart marketing.

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

shingi_70

The hype helps but these magazine reveals are usually planned well in advance.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

cookiex

Since KT are the ones publishing the game in Japan it was probably their decision to release details to Famitsu and so NoA had to follow.

Edit: I've updated the original post with the new logo.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

CaviarMeths

Ryno wrote:

I just don't understand why Link wouldn't take one for the team and be Cia's lover and just prevent her from getting all jealous of Zelda and creating the whole mess.

Cia is a total bunny boiler. Would not recommend.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Henmii

I like the logo, it even has the beautiful blue scarf in it! Everyone seems to love the scarf, and the Japanese "treasure box" version comes with the scarf so I think that will sell quite a bit! In fact, this game could quite be a succes in Japan! That's why Nintendo probably chose to do it! I am not so sure about Impa using such a big sword. But I know that Warrior titles (or Japanese games for that matter) always have big swords. On the other hand: I love Ganondorfs big sword. So if he is in it, he should use that sword!

The English press-sheet talks about "Hyrulean". Shouldn't that be Hylian? I know that Hylians (Link, Zelda, maybe Impa) have pointy ears, while other humans have normal ears. Or thats what they say. So if most of the army consists of normal humans, is that why they call it Hyrulean?

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.