Wii U Forum

Topic: Hyrule Warriors - September 19th in EU, 26th in NA / Famitsu confirms Sheik, Darunia and Ruto

Showing 281 to 300 of 898

AuthorMessage

cookiex

281. Posted:

brewsky wrote:

Because it's a Zelda game. You know, a game that supposed to appeal to a wide audience? A game that must be rated E10+? (And don't you dare mention Twilight Princess, that was asinine)

Does it have to be? People ask for more 'mature' Zeldas all the time and nobody had a heart attack when Twilight Princess was rated T. This looks like it'll be in the same area, especially since most Dynasty Warriors games land that rating.

Plus Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time 3D were all 12+ in Europe...

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

cookiex

282. Posted:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I said the game looks like it might have voice acting based on the one characters mouth moving. Of course I might be wrong.

In Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword the character's mouths moved even if all dialogue was text, so I wouldn't take that as a sign.

cookiex

AuthorMessage

brewsky

283. Posted:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I said the game looks like it might have voice acting based on the one characters mouth moving. Of course I might be wrong.

Character's mouths have been moving more often since......Twilight Princess? Or Wind Waker? It's nothing new.

Now playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) | Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) | Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage

brewsky

284. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Because it's a Zelda game. You know, a game that supposed to appeal to a wide audience? A game that must be rated E10+? (And don't you dare mention Twilight Princess, that was asinine)

Does it have to be? People ask for more 'mature' Zeldas all the time and nobody had a heart attack when Twilight Princess was rated T. This looks like it'll be in the same area, especially since most Dynasty Warriors games land that rating.

Plus Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time 3D were all 12+ in Europe...

No, it doesn't have to be. Nintendo wants it to be because it means more money.

Mature games doesn't have to mean astounding amounts of cleavage. Mature games can be rated E or T. Majora's Mask is a shining example.

Also, 12+ can equal E10+ in the US, it's weird how it works.

EDIT: Nobody had a heart attack when TP was rated T because it didn't need to be rated T. It could've easily been E10+.

Edited on by brewsky

Now playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) | Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) | Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

AuthorMessage

cookiex

285. Posted:

brewsky wrote:

No, it doesn't have to be. Nintendo wants it to be because it means more money.

T-rating don't do much in business terms. It's usually M, which this game won't have.

Mature games doesn't have to mean astounding amounts of cleavage. Mature games can be rated E or T. Majora's Mask is a shining example.

I put "mature" in a quota since people want darker and violent Zeldas or whatever. Majora's Mask could actually be rated T given it's tone and subject matter.

The cleavage may or may not be censored in the west anyway.

Also, 12+ can equal E10+ in the US, it's weird how it works.

It can also equal in extreme cases M. PEGI have somewhat different standards.

EDIT: Nobody had a heart attack when TP was rated T because <strong>it didn't need to be rated T. It could've easily been E10+.</strong>

Given some of the content in the game I would've rated it T myself, but what do I know.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

286. Posted:

Magazine scans from Twitter with additional screenshots:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

287. Posted:

Dat new female villain.~ <3

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Ryno

288. Posted:

Everyone can rejoice, "One notable feature is that local multiplayer will be supported, with one player using the TV and another focused on the GamePad's screen."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/05/hyrule_warriors_scre...

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

brewsky

289. Posted:

@cookiex Let's break down what we have established:

1) In a Zelda game, E10+ is now considered baseline on ratings. In some cases, T would be acceptable like Twilight Princess due to its realism. Games with language and sensualism I consider to be unacceptable.

2) PEGI has different standards than ESRB which makes comparison difficult.

3) Mature games do not have to be rated M, like Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, but are only considered mature because of its themes and atmosphere.

4) Censoring is still up for debate. My stance is supported by unacceptable content in a Zelda game that we have not seen to date.

Now playing:

AuthorMessage

Donalp15

290. Posted:

I really like Impas design in this. Wonder if there are more playable characters or if they are the only ones. The visuals are way improved and I am very happy about that.
Also whats the guy in the cloaks name, he kinda reminds me of the Ghost Hunter.

FC 0516 7736 7877

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

291. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Everyone can rejoice, "One notable feature is that local multiplayer will be supported, with one player using the TV and another focused on the GamePad's screen."

Totally looking forward to that, hopefully in single player the map is on the GamePad screen as that would also help. Warriors maps are normally pretty big and moving it to the GamePad screen would help with the game's visibility

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Ryno

292. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Totally looking forward to that, hopefully in single player the map is on the GamePad screen as that would also help. Warriors maps are normally pretty big and moving it to the GamePad screen would help with the game's visibility

Yeah I agree with you, I hope the map is displayed on the GamePad and actually be pretty useful. Hopefully this is just the beginning of Wii U games taking advantage of the GamePad.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Andyliini

293. Posted:

Wow, so much new information. Now, I'll just have to wait until someone translates all that.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter: Andyliini

AuthorMessage

Tops

294. Posted:

Having known nothing about the DW series before hearing about this I must say my excitement went from meh, we'll see to this looks awesome after today's screens. Just hope Team Ninja didn't mess with Zelda's design after seeing that villain lol (I'm sure they wouldn't be allowed to even if they wanted)

Edited on by Tops

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

295. Posted:

Why is Impa's hair suddenly white..?

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

296. Posted:

brewsky wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Character's mouths have been moving more often since......Twilight Princess? Or Wind Waker? It's nothing new.

Majora's Mask. It looks quite creepy, with the character models not designed for it and all...

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Most Recently Arranged: Angry Bowser (Paper Mario), Serpent Eating the Ground (Bravely Default)
In progress: , Kid Icarus Uprising Medley

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

AuthorMessage

Jmaster

297. Posted:

Untitled
In the bottom rght, is that Vaati? Please let it be Vaati!

Edited on by Jmaster

Jmaster

AuthorMessage

cookiex

298. Posted:

brewsky wrote:

4) Censoring is still up for debate. My stance is supported by unacceptable content in a Zelda game that we have not seen to date.

Then you haven't seen the Great Fairy in Twilight Princess.Untitled

cookiex

AuthorMessage

cookiex

299. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

Why is Impa's hair suddenly white..?

I actually forgot that Impa's hair wasn't white in Skyward Sword. This Impa looks closer to OOT Impa anyhow.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

300. Posted:

Seeing people surprised by the breasts of the female villain, they apparently don't remember the Great Fairy and Twinrova. Yes, it was just N64 graphics, but still. And then they were even upgraded to 3DS graphics.

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan