Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors (& Legends) - OT

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 2,985

TeeJay

I'm dedicating today to material grinding. I finished Young Link's infamous Special Bar and Focus Spirit Length skill trees and I'm excited to try them out, but I want to finish a few more skill branches with some more Ganondorf Jewels first.

@Grumblevolcano: I don't think that would be a good idea at all. Players would have to pay AND invest potentially over a hundred hours into the game just to see the new characters! And players who bought the season pass already and haven't had the time to play that much yet would be so screwed, and angry and frustrated.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Eel

I'd say maybe just give us the character instantly, but have their weapons and hearts for them in their maps (maybe even a costume!). It would give an incentive to use them.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sticker

So I'm finally interested in this game and planning to get it when I get paid. But I have a couple of questions.

• Is all the characters from Wii U version available in this version?
  • Is there online mode?
  • How much time does it takes to complete the game?

"PlatinumGamer" wrote:

Is Nintendo Life even that good of a fourm anyways?

"Sparks" wrote:

prolly full of 6 year olds tbh

Nintendo Network ID: Senpai900900

Grumblevolcano

@Sticker: Yes, no, depends on what you want to complete.

If you want to complete Legend Mode and all the Adventure maps it'll probably take you a few hundred hours (not counting the season pass).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

All the content from the WiiU game (including DLC) is available in this game, and it's mostly unlockable via Adventure Mode (nothing is available right from the start).

Except:
-Challenge mode.
-Playable Ganon or Giant Cuccoo.
-8-bit weapons for the characters.
-"Classic" costume for Link.

There's no online multiplayer, online interaction is limited to network links, which a special kind of level you can play in adventure mode to "help" your friends in need.

Depending on your definition of completion, it could take anywhere between about ten hours or less (beat Legend mode) or hundreds of hours (beat all the levels, the adventure maps, the reward levels, get all the items, hearts, fairy gear, costumes, skulltulas, etc).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Grumblevolcano

@Meowpheel: The 4th point was preorder DLC and you sure about no 8-bit weapons? I'd have thought they would be relocated to the Twilight/Termina maps. If not maybe they'll be with the DLC adventure maps.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

Well, I'm not 100% sure, but I have read posts on other sites that say they've been replaced by the + weapons.

If thats the case, they may return with the DLC though.

Bloop.

LzWinky

Oh yeah, I also wanted to mention that since I traded in my Wii U version of the game, I have an extra code for the characters if anybody wants it.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

@Randomname19: I sent it to your Yahoo address

I should mention that those are zeros, not Os in the code

Enjoy!

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

I am one map away from getting Young Link! Is it just me or are the Adventure Mode maps a bit easier?

TeeJay

I never played the Wii U version's Adventure mode so I have no reference to go by unfortunately...

I've been trying to get to Young Link's Tier 2 weapons, but it's at the end of a little spiral maze on the Windwaker map and along the way there are Skull Kid exclusive maps that I need to A Rank, and all kinds of cards I need along the way that force me to go complete some other map first to get the card and come back. It's BS. Ugh.

I also completed what seemed like the "Boss" square but I didn't unlock a new Adventure Map. I mean, it said "The Final Battle!" In the description and everything.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Eel

The maps were balanced to accommodate for the new weapon upgrade locations. It would be a bit cruel to leave them unchanged, since the original map expects you to have lvl3 weapons by the end of the map...

And apparently (apparently!), even though character levels go up to 99, they reach the same levels of strength as level 255 in the original game. If that's true, then in means your characters might be really strong.

In other news, I unlocked Terra! (Lana's wind waker outfit)

@Detective_TeeJay: from what I hear, the final battle is in old Hyrule Castle, above the tower of the gods. Is that the one you played?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

TeeJay

@Meowpheel: I couldn't tell you where Hyrule Castle is. I love Windwaker and have general knowledge of where everything is in that game but the Zelda I aesthetic along with the tiny viewing window on the 3DS is throwing me off big time.

I can tell the one I completed wasn't it though. Cause I can see ANOTHER square I also completed that also says "Final Battle!" So...I'm lost.

Edited on by TeeJay

Eel

Those final battles may just be like the dungeons from the fist map...?

Anyway around the center of the map you can see the tower of the gods (the big lump of white pixels that spans two map squares). Just like in the wind waker, you can go to old Hyrule from there.

Though it's represented as being above it. Not underwater.

Bloop.

TeeJay

@Meowpheel: Oh I see. It's probably onw of the two reddish-looking tiles I can't see yet. Young Link's Tier 2 weapon is right under them so I was heading there anyway.

Speaking of Young Link, I just unlocked his Great Sea costume. It's Happy Mask Salesman colors, with his red hair and everything. Awesome.

Eel

So that explains why it is so hard to get to his weapon, it's basically in the end game area.

You can see the places you can't play by pressing A, you won't be able to do much, but you can at least see the layout of the place.

Also, Nintendo uploaded the wondercon panel video about this game, it's 44 minutes long. In case someone wants to watch it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

TeeJay

Meowpheel wrote:

So that explains why it is so hard to get to his weapon, it's basically in the end game area.

You can see the places you can't play by pressing A, you won't be able to do much, but you can at least see the layout of the place.

Also, Nintendo uploaded the wondercon panel video about this game, it's 44 minutes long. In case someone wants to watch it.

That was a very interesting panel. I loved seeing the concept art for the characters.

TeeJay

Okay, this is so stupid I took the time to take a picture and upload it so I could post how stupid it is here.

Untitled

SO. I'm trying to enter the spiral maze on the right (the one with the giant squid on it), but to make the enemies appear on the adjacent tile I need to use the Power Bracelets. It just so happens that there are 3 tiles yielding Power Bracelets north of me. But get this: both entrances to the northern area (the tiles directly East and Northwest of Young Link) are blocked because to make enemies appear on both those tiles, I NEED POWER BRACELETS. Are these items randomized? Can I reset them somehow? This is beyond irritating.

Edited on by TeeJay

Eel

The map is designed to force you into following a certain path, mostly to imitate the events of the real game.

I guess, this simply means you'll have to take a detour and explore the rest of the map.

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.