Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors (& Legends) - OT

Posts 241 to 260 of 2,985

Maelstrom

cookiex wrote:

I've heard very few people actually bash Other M's gameplay (the part Team Ninja was most involved with) and if there are it's drowned out by all the complaints about the story and characters (which was Sakamoto's work).

It was mostly critisized by it's lack of similarity to the rest of the series, to the point that it was not really a metroid style game anymore

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Yoshi

Maelstrom wrote:

cookiex wrote:

I've heard very few people actually bash Other M's gameplay (the part Team Ninja was most involved with) and if there are it's drowned out by all the complaints about the story and characters (which was Sakamoto's work).

It was mostly critisized by it's lack of similarity to the rest of the series, to the point that it was not really a metroid style game anymore

This really shouldn't be an issue, then, since this is a spin off. In fact, it may even be advantageous.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

cookiex

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Someone pointed out that it's likely that Team Ninja will have as much relevance to this title as Monolith does to Animal Crossing: New Leaf, as in basically none other than man power. That's probably true.

Edit: Hahahaha, Team Ninja and "man power"...I'm a little sad how accurate that sounds :V

I read somewhere that Nintendo themselves were filling that role, along with creative counseling.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

bassoongoon

This game looks like a blast, and I am definitely excited for its release. I think I'll definitely have to pick this one up!

You can pry my bassoon from my cold dead fingers!

cookiex

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=112821496&post...

-August 14th
-Retail - 7,980 yen, eShop - 6,980, Premium Box Set - 11,664
-Premium set comes with a Triforce shaped clock, and serial codes for 6 special costumes.
-Will also be a 'Treasure Box' version available on Amazon and Tecmo Koei's online store 'GAMECITY', but no details yet on what it includes.
-Developed by ωForce, Team NINJA, supervised by Aonuma.
-Story is Link an in-training soldier must rescue the Princess Zelda from the witch Shia who has been turned evil somehow.
-2 player mode where one person is on the GamePad, while another is on the TV. When playing alone the GamePad acts as a menu.
-Equipping different weapons onto characters will change the way they fight, including speed focused one-handed swords to heavier weapons that focus on damage.
-Weapon upgrade system and character growth/improvement
-Musou action combined with the Zelda series' Z-targeting means you can avoid attacks and focus on enemy weak spots.
-Zelda series' spin attack appears instead of the Musou Ranbu (?) of the musou franchise.
-Bombs make an appearance, won't just be used for throwing at enemies.
-Impa, a captain of the Royal Army, appears as a playable character wielding a giant long sword. Several other characters are playable too. Aonuma was surprised by how many.
-Playable at E3.
-Development is 70% complete.

Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

ZurrrrBlattTron

God everyone needs to stop hating on team ninja the games they had produced have been solid, the only reason people are complaining is because of other m, which even isn't their fault they didn't write the story, the job they had was making the game enjoyable and playable which they did pretty well considering what they was working with.the gameplay in other m was above my expectations so I'm happy they're back with Hyrule Warriors

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

OmegaMetroid93

So if it's coming August 14th in Japan, when do you think we can expect it in the rest of the world?
I can't imagine there being a lot of text to translate in a game like this, so localization shouldn't take that long, I don't think.

OmegaMetroid93

Emblem

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

So if it's coming August 14th in Japan, when do you think we can expect it in the rest of the world?
I can't imagine there being a lot of text to translate in a game like this, so localization shouldn't take that long, I don't think.

They are bring Samurai Warriors 4 to PS consoles Fall so I imagine this will be a worldwide release or within a month of release.

Can't wait to play this on my Wii U and SW4 on my PS4, me and my. Brother have loved warriors since DW2.

Emblem

Andyliini

Strange that the Famitsu article does not mention online play at all, as pretty much all previous Warriors-games have had onli co-op. Maybe they just think that it's given within Warriors franchise, and no one asked them about it.

I don't think I would ever even play the online mode, just found it strange that they don't mention it, while local multiplayer is mentioned.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

Blast

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Maybe... mid September?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

faint

the warriors games have a ron of text and conversations.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

DefHalan

faint wrote:

the warriors games have a ron of text and conversations.

Hopefully they have already been translating it so we don't have to wait

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Ryno

That's some Team Ninja style right there.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Captain_Toad

Those screenshots look lovely especially......

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Blast

WHOA. NICE SCREENSHOTS!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Nintendo6400

The graphics have definitely improved. I can't believe Nintendo approved the look on that one character with the massive cleavage.

Edit: this game looks like it's going to have voice acting which would be a good test to see if it works for the series.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

shingi_70

Color me a tad bit surprised at how good the updated character models are. Now Ninty/Tecmo needs to show that gameplay wise its much more than your average warriors game infusing elements from Zelda.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

cookiex

The villain designs don't really scream "Zelda" but then again I don't think that was the intention.

And the updated character models look pretty damn good to be honest.

cookiex

cookiex

shingi_70 wrote:

Color me a tad bit surprised at how good the updated character models are. Now Ninty/Tecmo needs to show that gameplay wise its much more than your average warriors game infusing elements from Zelda.

We know for one that it'll borrow the trademark Z-targeting from the 3D Zelda games.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.