Wii U Forum

Topic: Hyrule Warriors - September 19th in EU, 26th in NA / Out now in Japan (be mindful of spoilers!) / New game mode to be added in upcoming patch

Showing 161 to 180 of 1,166

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

161. Posted:

It'd be nice if Nintendo did even more collaborations with Tecmo. They did Pokemon Conquest which many people were happy with and if this is successful then hopefully we'll see more. It'd be nice if they brought a Monster Rancher to Wii U or even a Pokemon Rancher. :P

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

162. Posted:

Considering how much I loved Muramasa and basically advertised it, I'm surprised I've never gotten into hack n slash titles. Undecided if it's a thing I'd be that into, I literally only played a few minutes of Dynasty Warriors once.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

PleaseUnderstan

163. Posted:

I think Nintendo needs to collaborate with Tecmo and get a new Dead Or Alive Volleyball/Resort Game and add Rosalina, Peach, Daisy, Samus, and Birdo & Toadette to the roster!!!

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

AuthorMessage

PleaseUnderstan

164. Posted:

I am ok with Link being used in other games as long as they aren't on the CD-I

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

AuthorMessage

Bessestad

165. Posted:

Dynasty Warriors is such as crappy shovelware franchise. Such a complete dissapointment to see Nintendo actually going through with this. I have nothing against outsourcing or spin-offs, but to Koei and Omega Force? It just seems like Nintendo was looking for the fastest and cheapest way to get some Zelda-content out. "Hey, lets just throw a Zelda-skin on a completely meaningless and unrelated franchise that still have graphics like a HD-remastered Nintendo 64 game and lets see what happens". This is not even comparable to when they gave Metroid to Team Ninja. Team Ninja is way more talented than Omega Force. This is just as bad as if Nintendo would announce.. i dont even know.. .a partnership with D3 Publisher for a series of Winx Infinity & Ben 10: Zelda Dance Party and Fitness games?

Actually no, I take that back, such projects sounds way more enjoyable than this disgraceful Dynasty Warriors skin.

Bessestad

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

166. Posted:

@Bessestad It may have more to do with pleasing the Japanese market than the rest of the world. Nintendo needs to boost sales everywhere, including Japan. Of course, making it a Zelda game is probably enough to convince plenty of people around the world to buy it, myself included. I think some sort of Metroid FPS spin-off might have a similar effect in the west. A lot of people here would love it and plenty of people in Japan would just disregard it.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

167. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

Of course, making it a Zelda game is probably enough to convince plenty of people around the world to buy it, myself included. I think some sort of Metroid FPS spin-off might have a similar effect in the west. A lot of people here would love it and plenty of people in Japan would just disregard it.

That kinda sums it up. There is power in the brand name!

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

168. Posted:

not interested. looks like a DW clone, which i am not a fan of.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

Bessestad

169. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

@Bessestad It may have more to do with pleasing the Japanese market than the rest of the world. Nintendo needs to boost sales everywhere, including Japan. Of course, making it a Zelda game is probably enough to convince plenty of people around the world to buy it, myself included. I think some sort of Metroid FPS spin-off might have a similar effect in the west. A lot of people here would love it and plenty of people in Japan would just disregard it.

Well, of course it is a marketing decision. It certainly isnt related to anything else. But thats not really an excuse. What makes it even more odd is that Zelda isnt really all that in Japan - so it problably would have been the same to just finance a exclusive Dynasty Warriors-game in itself.

Bessestad

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

170. Posted:

Bessestad wrote:

Dynasty Warriors is such as crappy shovelware franchise. Such a complete dissapointment to see Nintendo actually going through with this. I have nothing against outsourcing or spin-offs, but to Koei and Omega Force? It just seems like Nintendo was looking for the fastest and cheapest way to get some Zelda-content out. "Hey, lets just throw a Zelda-skin on a completely meaningless and unrelated franchise that still have graphics like a HD-remastered Nintendo 64 game and lets see what happens". This is not even comparable to when they gave Metroid to Team Ninja. Team Ninja is way more talented than Omega Force. This is just as bad as if Nintendo would announce.. i dont even know.. .a partnership with D3 Publisher for a series of Winx Infinity & Ben 10: Zelda Dance Party and Fitness games?

Actually no, I take that back, such projects sounds way more enjoyable than this disgraceful Dynasty Warriors skin.

you're just mad it's gonna sell at least 10X better than Wonderful 101

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

171. Posted:

Bessestad wrote:

I think you're being a little harsh. It sounds as if your opinion of the series has already decimated any chance that this game could possibly be good. Is that the case? Do you think this game is already a lost cause? Saying it has HD N64 Graphics is probably one of the worst assessments that could be made out of the whole trailer. They're not that bad. Not great, but not bad. Even if Nintendo was just looking for a quick way to get a some Wii U Zelda content out.. I don't think that's a bad idea. If the game was released as it looks now, (obviously far from complete), it'd be a disappointment.. but give it a chance to grow. It could be something worthwhile. I'd like to believe that Nintendo won't allow them to release complete tripe..

Keep in mind, I've never played any Dynasty Warrior games. I'm just going by what I saw in the trailer. I think it has a good amount of potential. Tecmo has released some of my favorite games during the PS era. Personally I hope it turns out really successful and further solidifies Nintendos relationship with Tecmo for future releases / collaborations of past franchises.

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

172. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bessestad wrote:

you're just mad it's gonna sell at least 10X better than Wonderful 101

It's true. It's really, really sad that 101 did that bad, but I'd be shocked if this only sold 10X better.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Bessestad

173. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

Bessestad wrote:

I think you're being a little harsh. It sounds as if your opinion of the series has already decimated any chance that this game could possibly be good. Is that the case? Do you think this game is already a lost cause? Saying it has HD N64 Graphics is probably one of the worst assessments that could be made out of the whole trailer. They're not that bad. Not great, but not bad. Even if Nintendo was just looking for a quick way to get a some Wii U Zelda content out.. I don't think that's a bad idea. If the game was released as it looks now, (obviously far from complete), it'd be a disappointment.. but give it a chance to grow. It could be something worthwhile. I'd like to believe that Nintendo won't allow them to release complete tripe..

Keep in mind, I've never played any Dynasty Warrior games. I'm just going by what I saw in the trailer. I think it has a good amount of potential. Tecmo has released some of my favorite games during the PS era. Personally I hope it turns out really successful and further solidifies Nintendos relationship with Tecmo for future releases / collaborations of past franchises.

This seems to be the trend for the "Yes"-sayers in this case. It makes it somewhat easy to make the assumtion that you see your hopes rather then the actual reality of the series. I would suggest that you picked a DW game up and try it out - but that still wouldnt give a fair view of what it is. You gotta have been with the tides to know that Dynasty Warriors (and its spin-offs) is what it is, they doesnt really evolve into something else. They are what they are.

Not saying that they cant be somewhat fun, as one can find some entertainment value in most titles. Even doggypoodleoopsily ones. But its no place for Zelda. Zelda is IMPORTANT. Thats where the disapointment lies. I wouldnt mind Nintendo putting their money on producing a non Zelda-skinned crap-game for Wii U. But you gotta respect your brands. This is just the CD-i scandal all over again - But at least those Phillips titles where original and not as simple as a texture change.

Watch the language -Lz

Edited on by WaLzgi

Bessestad

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

174. Posted:

Bessestad wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

Well, of course it is a marketing decision. It certainly isnt related to anything else. But thats not really an excuse. What makes it even more odd is that Zelda isnt really all that in Japan - so it problably would have been the same to just finance a exclusive Dynasty Warriors-game in itself.

Nintendo exclusives usually don't stay exclusive for long. Putting Zelda in it ensures it's permanently exclusive.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage

Bessestad

175. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

Bessestad wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

Nintendo exclusives usually don't stay exclusive for long. Putting Zelda in it ensures it's permanently exclusive.

Well, that of course depends on the deal in itself.

They could have contracted it (such as with Resident Evil Remake and Resident Evil Zero), or made it into a co-production (such as with Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles and Pac Man Vs) or.. if Nintendo branding had to be involved.. those Super Mario-figurines worked pretty well in the Metal Gear Solid remake for Gamecube. It stayed exclusive despite not being a full-fledged Super Mario Bros and MGS crossover, haha.

Well, the reality is what it is. Cant do much about that. Unfortunately.

Bessestad

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

176. Posted:

Bessestad wrote:

Hey, lets just throw a Zelda-skin on a completely meaningless and unrelated franchise that still have graphics like a HD-remastered Nintendo 64 game and lets see what happens".

So jagged edges, bad textures, minimal lighting - you observed all of these symptoms by watching the trailer?
Let me guess, you must have special eyes!
Untitled

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

177. Posted:

Bessestad wrote:

This seems to be the trend for the "Yes"-sayers in this case. It makes it somewhat easy to make the assumtion that you see your hopes rather then the actual reality of the series. I would suggest that you picked a DW game up and try it out - but that still wouldnt give a fair view of what it is. You gotta have been with the tides to know that Dynasty Warriors (and its spin-offs) is what it is, they doesnt really evolve into something else. They are what they are.

Not saying that they cant be somewhat fun, as one can find some entertainment value in most titles. Even doggeypoodleoopsily ones. But its no place for Zelda. Zelda is IMPORTANT. Thats where the disapointment lies. I wouldnt mind Nintendo putting their money on producing a non Zelda-skinned crap-game for Wii U. But you gotta respect your brands. This is just the CD-i scandal all over again - But at least those Phillips titles where original and not as simple as a texture change.

There's a reason I have never played Dynasty Warrior games, that's because they've always looked boring and shallow to me. When I saw the trailer in the Nintendo Direct I was just instantly on board for some reason. That being said, I expect nothing but a hack n' slash Zelda from this game. Not expecting any other Zelda elements other than a story, which I'd expect to be something from Nintendos hand in the production. I'm not really a "Yes"-sayer as I was one that was really disappointed with the announcement of Super Mario 3D World, which is one of my favorite games this year. Maybe I just learned from that experience, heh. I'm a "Hope for the best, expect the worst." kind of person. That's definitely the case here, despite that I already like what I see. ;)

And @kkslider5552000 That unfortunately, will probably be very, very true. W101 is my GOTY and isn't nearly as popular as it should be. :P

Edited on by WaLzgi

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

CaviarMeths

178. Posted:

Bessestad wrote:

It just seems like Nintendo was looking for the fastest and cheapest way to get some Zelda-content out.

This sentence is dumb. You should consider inventing a time machine and going back in time to prevent yourself from typing it.

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage

Bessestad

179. Posted:

OptometristLime wrote:

Bessestad wrote:

Hey, lets just throw a Zelda-skin on a completely meaningless and unrelated franchise that still have graphics like a HD-remastered Nintendo 64 game and lets see what happens".

So jagged edges, bad textures, minimal lighting - you observed all of these symptoms by watching the trailer?
Let me guess, you must have special eyes!
Untitled

By watching the trailer (you say it as if they didnt show gameplay? They only showed gameplay. And lots of it) and the fact that i actually have played these games. I do not speculate. I also didnt say it looked like a N64-game. But the graphics definetely made me think about the new versions of Perfect Dark and Ocarina of Time that have arrived as of later years. In terms of detail.

Edit: You know, all of these games looks bad. Its nothing controversial about it. Im pretty sure they are even still using the same engine that they used for the PS2-games in the series (No, it was not impressive back then either). But even compared to the likes of WO3 and DW8 this looked especially bad. Gotta say.

Edited on by Bessestad

Bessestad

AuthorMessage

Suicune

180. Posted:

My first dynasty warriors was the 3DS launch title Samurai Warriors (Same thing right? idk), and I really liked it. Also, I think Nintendo will watch this title to stop it from being bad and I think people will be surprised by the end result.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo