Wii U Forum

Topic: Hyrule Warriors - September 19th in EU, 26th in NA / Out now in Japan (be mindful of spoilers!) / Day one patch in the west, DLC confirmed

Showing 121 to 140 of 1,217

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

121. Posted:

Is it just me or when people say DW my first thought is Doctor Who lol.

For playable Characters I would like to see: Link, Goron, Zora, Deku. Kinka like the different masks in Majora's Mask. Each Mask had a different way of playing and could translate to different playable character very well. I am not against a Sheikah but maybe not Sheik because if Zelda is playable it would be hard to make sense that both Sheik and Zelda could be there.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

RR529

122. Posted:

The only thing I don't care for are the knights fighting alongside Link (which can be seen during the clip with King Dodongo, I believe).

Not only do they not look anything like any incarnation of the Hylian knights, but they look awfully generic to boot.

I may be looking too much into it, since it's still early in development, but with every single enemy type being easily identifyable, I can't help but think they could have done the same for the Hylian guard. Heck, their current design doesn't even look "Zelda-ish" in any way.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

123. Posted:

@RR529 As you said, it's probably just because it's early in development. When you think about the importance of the Guards, it makes sense that they would be after the enemies in the grand scheme of things. The environments are also looking rather bland, but after the jump we've seen in 3D World, I'm betting that won't be a major issue.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

WiiULoveSquid

124. Posted:

People are going to buy this game for the namesake alone no matter what people say or even how it reviews.

Personally I think the Link character model looks too good not to have it at this point even if it's just a button mash. I await further info however before I think about it too much. I

WiiULoveSquid

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

125. Posted:

@SCAR392

I think the developer knows this is the Zelda franchise, but you have to remember in Japan Zelda isn't as big or as popular in the west , one of the reasons why Wind Waker and Skyward Sword look the way they do, but when its one main developer making all of these games usually mutiple ones at a time its hard to really make a game that's above and beyond the others. I know some people are saying the story of this game will either be the imprisoning War (something once thought to be OOT) or the difrect aftermath to the ending of skyward sword.

Not to be outdone Tecmo just annouunced the other Dynasty Warrior's games coming to the west.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Blast

126. Posted:

@shingi_70 Didn't... didn't the last Dynasty Warriors game bomb and got slammed in reviews nearly everywhere?

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Nintenjoe64

127. Posted:

One of my favourite party games on Wii was Link's Crossbow Training. I think they should make a sequel for the new Wii U Zapper.

Before yesterday, my main wish (other than the obvious stuff) was for Nintendo to make a Link's Swordplay Training that had nice HD graphics, motion plus controls and almost no plot or puzzles to bog it down. This looks like it could be it but it also worries me that the graphics and gameplay look awful. I know it's an early trailer and Nintendo wouldn't let a 3rd party degrade Link by making a terrible game so my hopes are still high but I am a bit worried.

I would like to add that I think games like Dynasty Warriors and Ryse get bad reviews that put people off when they're actually very fun despite being 'shallow' in the eyes of certain reviewers. I get the feeling this game might suffer similar reviews so I say ignore the reviews and go play another poorly reviewed action game. Ninja Gaiden 3. Mindless fun that tests your thumbs more than your brain.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

128. Posted:

@Blastoise-san

Nope it got in the 60s and 70s on Metacrtic which par for the course for the series. The series is probably the Japanese equivalent of Call of Duty and comes out more freqently since theirs about 5 other sub series that isn't dynasty warriors. Not sure about it bombing though and i'm not sure it matter's since these games like the Call of Duty series are usually made with proitabliltiy in mind, with only the skinned series like Gundam and One piece going above and beyond.

I don't think the Xtreme Legends complete will bomb since its a PS4 Japanese launch title.

A Zelda skin won't change that at all, its something you really have to be into to like or you don't mind being rewarded for doing as little as possible. Its pretty much fun for fun's sake, but who knows I think EAD is going full steam on Zelda U, but it could be cool to see this game take from the Zelda forumla. I mean most of the main zelda handheld games were done by Capcom.

Tecmo Koei is a really weird company they're bigger than Atlus but I regualarly forget they exist despite some of the games they make. I just want them to make a Romance of the three kingdoms/Dyntasy Warrior's and Nobunaga's Ambition/Samuar Warrior's hybrid game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Blast

129. Posted:

@shingi_70 Dynasty Warriors to Japan is what Call of Duty is to everywhere else in the world? Hahah that's terrible. Like serioiusly... That's saying alot. Note: I am NOT a Call of Duty fan and I actually want the series to die because it is not improving at all.

AuthorMessage

parallaxscroll

130. Posted:

Now with Hyrule Warriors in 2014 there is just no way we will see the release of the next main installment of Zelda for Wii U until around November of 2015.

So from right now, about a ~2 year wait for Zelda U.

parallaxscroll

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

131. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

@shingi_70 Dynasty Warriors to Japan is what Call of Duty is to everywhere else in the world? Hahah that's terrible. Like serioiusly... That's saying alot. Note: I am NOT a Call of Duty fan and I actually want the series to die because it is not improving at all.

Its call of duty in the sense that its a Pretty safe game and like how Call of duty used to milk the WWI and II settings Dynasty Warrior's milks the hell out of chinese history during the Han Dynasty. The game has been improving and there'e sub series that does different things.

Dynasty Warriors- Chinese History
Samuari Warriors- Japanese History
Warrior Orchri- A crossover between Dynasty and Samuari Warriors
Warriors Gundam- A warriors game in the gundam universe
Warriors One Peice- Warriors in One peice

There's also a first of the North Star Game.

As far as Call of Duty goes wait every other year, since thier are two development teams that work on the series. Infinty Ward used to be the A+ team but pretty much all the people who worked on the best games in the series left to form Respawn and make Titanfall. Now Treyarch who cut their tief porting the games to WIi are the top dogs. Black 1 and 2 by them were amazing games and they're working on next year's call of duty.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

132. Posted:

parallaxscroll wrote:

Now with Hyrule Warriors in 2014 there is just no way we will see the release of the next main installment of Zelda for Wii U until around November of 2015.

So from right now, about a ~2 year wait for Zelda U.

srry about double post.

This was bound to happen either way. There's been a two year wait between mainline Zelda's for a while now and we were dealing with an EAD who not only put out ALBW but also Wind Waker HD.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Blast

133. Posted:

@shingi_70 Interesting... I'm starting to think Dynasty Warriors is a cash cow to Japan but isn't that huge everywhere else in the world. Call of Duty is a cash cow to everywhere in the world except Japan. Is there any images or trailers for that Xtreme Warriors game for PS4? I wanna see if the game looks good....

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

134. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

The only thing I don't care for are the knights fighting alongside Link (which can be seen during the clip with King Dodongo, I believe).

Honestly, I thought the knights looked pretty similar to those in Ocarina of Time.

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

135. Posted:

@hingi_70
Ok. My point was that some people are riding this stuff off as stupid or comparing it to other finished games, when it's obviously not finished. It's called jumping the gun, and I try to avoid it at all costs. They will show another trailer down the road with some progress, so why judge so early?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

136. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@hingi_70
Ok. My point was that some people are riding this stuff off as stupid or comparing it to other finished games, when it's obviously not finished. It's called jumping the gun, and I try to avoid it at all costs. They will show another trailer down the road with some progress, so why judge so early?

Sadly the internet doesn't have anything better to do than judge lol jk. I understand that it will be better later, and I am actually excited about this. People can only judge what they have seen and some people don't like what they saw

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

137. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@hingi_70

Sadly the internet doesn't have anything better to do than judge lol jk. I understand that it will be better later, and I am actually excited about this. People can only judge what they have seen and some people don't like what they saw

That's why I don't judge. It's not my place, especially when I know there's more potential info out there. It's a given that they'll show more progress later. Iwata also said to imagine what the possibilities could be in the game.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

138. Posted:

People judged Mario 3D World into the ground and look how that game turned out. I'm not saying that that could happen with this game, but this game has some serious potential.

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

139. Posted:

I'm betting Ninty immediately thought of Dynasty Warriors when they had the idea for the Skyward Sword Horde boss fight. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

RR529

140. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Honestly, I thought the knights looked pretty similar to those in Ocarina of Time.

Going by the 3DS version, the OoT knights are just wearing a mail shirt with a silver chest plate that has Triforce motifs on the chest & torso. Their helmets almost look Roman, with a tuft of red fur(?) on top.

The Hyrule Warriors knights have a blue & white checkered vest on (instead of the chest plate) with nary a Triforce in sight, while their helmets also have a different design.

Also, the Oot knights carry spears, while the HW knights have swords (although I personally don't think this is an issue).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)