Forums

Topic: How would you feel if Nintendo Delayed Wii U Into 2013

Posts 21 to 40 of 84

CanisWolfred

lz20XX wrote:

Later launch =/= better launch. We've seen plenty of examples where this has been the case.

...such as? Honestly, I can't see how a delay couldn't be a good thing for Nintendo, and I hope it actually happens.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

FonistofCruxis

It wouldn't bother me at all as with the current line-up of games for the Wii U, I don't plan on getting it near launch unless there is a good amount of interesting titles revealed for it next year. I still have loads of GC, Wii, Wii vc and Wiiware games to get anyway.

Reala

Wasn't really planning on buying it at launch anyway so can't say I'd really care if it was delayed or not really.

Reala

shinesprite

For business, I would not advise it. However, personally i wouldn't mind, I'd just chip away at my backlog.

shinesprite

Blaze

Really pleased! The later the better for me. I have no money right now, so the bigger the delay, the longer I have to save up. Also, if it'c coming in around the £350 mark (which is what I expect) I'll need really long to save up. I would still struggle to even save up what people are calling 'The Perfect Price' of around £250, but I can't help but think it will be more. That tablet controller looks super expensive...

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

Terave

Don't mind. I'm not even convinced enough to buy one, though.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Spagem

i wouldnt mind actully id be happy so i can save up more money to get it at launch

Spagem

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | My Nintendo: Spagem | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

Ryno

I would be disappointed actually if it was put off until 2013. It is time for a HD 1080p 3D enabled Nintendo home console.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Surfcaster

I kind of doubt they will delay, honestly. This is the exact strategy they did with the release of the Wii. First a "codename" is leaked (ie, Revolution, Project Cafe), a tease of the system is shown at E3 that year (Wii - 2005, Wii U - 2011) and then a final huge reveal the following year (Wii - 2006, and tentatively the Wii U in 2012) right before a November release of the same year (which they've done since Gamecube).

I personally think they'll follow suit with this trend, and also the trend of releasing a new console every 5 years (since the SNES). I doubt they need more time to prep the system, they've probably been in development for a very long time.

Currently playing:
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
| Twitter | Five-O-Rama | Join

Joeynator3000

...I, don't...know....they better make up for it with some more awesome 3DS games. >.>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Chrono_Cross

I hope they do. Especially if the lineup isn't good.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Shining-Void

I don't care when they launch it as long as it doesn't turn into a 3DS.

Shining-Void

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

Ryno

Magic-Wind wrote:

I would hate to buy a Wii U thinking I got this totally awesome new console to play on my slammin' new HD TV and then it ends up just turning into a 3DS. That would suck.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Burning_Spear

I still have plenty of Wii games to play, and I don't want Wii U to launch in unfinished form or without a bunch of good launch titles.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

JayArr

I think I've seen enough launches now to know its impossible to have a spectacular one. So as long as they are happy with the system I am ready for it ASAP.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Ironcore

id prefer if it was delayed to ensure that it is ready.

Ironcore

SKTTR

Don't care. I have the money saved for it.

I just hope I don't use it all up on Wii games.
I still want at least Rhythm Paradise, Straßen des Glücks (Boom Street), Rayman Origins, The Last Story, Dragon Quest X, and Pandora's Tower in my collection.
And a few older games and classics I missed like Kirby's Epic Yarn, Rune Factory Frontier, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop, Ghost Squad, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, PokéPark Wii, and Impossible Mission.

But most importantly I'd love to see Arc Rise Fantasia, Excitebots: Trick Racing, Trauma Team, Mario Super Sluggers, New Play Control! Chibi-Robo, Captain Rabinow, and the WiiWare games Snowpack Park and MDK2 getting released in Europe.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

luisesteban

Nintendo needs to set high sales of the console in the between august and october of the 2012 for take a good advantage in software sale's in christmast

luisesteban

Hokori

Magic-Wind wrote:

what selling millions and ending up being one of the most sold consoles of all time?
also by giving us early users 10 GCN for free if it needed a price cut with in the 1st 6 months

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

retired_account

They need to hit Holiday 2012. Get some strong sales in before Sony and Microsoft, like they did with the 3DS. An early 2012 release would've been bad, but I think they'll be in good shape with a November release.

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.